need advice on working imbuing .....

need advice on working imbuing .....

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:38 pm

ok I finally decided to work an imbuer. I worked to 80 by unraveling, now at 96 with imbuing luck on the plate mail jingasa or whatever that helm is. Now Im topping out of just using residue and jewels, and it looks like most things now need the items in the new lands to imbue stuff.

What do u all recommend from here? And Im a gargoyle char, I know a human could get farther faster, but Im not going to trade it out to a human char.

So what do u all recommend from here to 120? (which might take me a year or more hehe).

I have tons of regular ingots available and enough gold to buy the normal jewels. What should I farm beyond that and where, etc too please. THANKS!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:18 pm

If I remember correctly (and remember.....you are talking to a guy with memory difficulties from a severe brain injury...), I made bows and unraveled them forever. After that, I know I didn't use any special ingredients.....just residue and gems. I just did find where to even get some of them in the Abyss.

As to where some of the special ingredients are, the only ones I know, you probably already know about:

You get the Essence of Passion (orange - Hit Lightning) at the Lava Caldera mini-champ spawn. You can also get Lava Serpent Crust and Daemon Claws (the hardest drop to get) there.

Essence of Order (white - LMC) can be found as loot on creatures of the Fire Temple Ruins Mini-Champ.

Essence of Control (light blue - SSI) can be found at the Enslaved Goblins Mini-Champ.

Essence of Direction (dark blue - Velocity) is found on the critter corpses at the Lands of The Lich Mini-Camp.

Faery Dust (needed to imbue high intensities of LRC) is found as loot on Pixies, Fairy Dragons and Wisps in the Abyss.

Goblin Blood, obviously, from Goblins.

This may not have been what you are looking for but, adventuring alone, these are the only ones I have found so far.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:28 pm

thanks, Maldar, that does help on the farming of essences etc.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:31 pm

ok figured one thing out .... I am making leather caps with spined runic kits and enhancing those items, and that is working. Up to 101.5 now and once I run out of these Ill play with some very low level runic hammers and see if those work well too.

So I might be able to stick with residue for a lot longer than I thought.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby dlwiii » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:18 pm

If you're just looking for skill gain, don't waste good ingredients. You should be able to just use citrine to go all the way to 120. When I did this I would harvest loot with my warrior, taking only items with 3-4 properties on them. Then I would use a crystal ball and imbue luck. Sometimes I would use other jewels (rubies, amber) to imbue things like resists or reflection to get the weight high enough for good skill gain.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 am

thanks, this is still working for me, applying luck. I moved up to horned kits and the items are much less costly to imbue luck on them. Up to 112 now and still cranking away in spurts. When I get 15 min I run in and try to get as many gains as I can, then back to RL etc.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Warden » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Cool, sounds like this is going relatively quickly. I just started imbuing a couple of days ago and was hoping it wouldn't be incredibly slow to gain.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:39 pm

it was slow but steady, especially with the skill tutor in my backpack, because everything I did was at "optimal" for skill gains.

Got to 120 the other day.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Cerberus A » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Way to go. First thing I did when I hit the 120 mark with my imbuer was to trash all the "junk" I'd been holding on too "just in case". Cleaned out a TON of lockdowns that way. Heh.
Cerberus A
Healer
Healer

Postby Warden » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Hmmm, yeah, that's a motivating thought, Cerberus. I have way too much of that "just in case" crap filling up chests in my house.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Maldar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:20 pm

I have so much that every time I think I will unravel them, I look around at all of the junk in my three houses and decide to "do it some other day." (That day is yet to come....)
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby dlwiii » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:43 pm

When I made 120 I also did some housecleaning. A good example of stuff to clean out is a chest full of LRC armor. It is so easy to imbue a full suit, there's no reason to keep all that junk.
And yet I do still have a chest of lrc items!
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:56 am

I think I am going to start working this one again...I gave up on unravelling when I got to about 67 or so I think...gonna go hunt some miasmas and stock up on chests again...lol
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Warden » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:03 pm

How do you (successfully) kill miasma? I get my booty handed back to me on a platter...
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:30 pm

I am using my swordsman...120 swords, parry...100 anat tactics bushido and some healing and chiv...the key is to honor her and use a scorpion slayer weapon...I will write up a step by step instruction later...pm me to remind me if you really want to know or I will forget...it really isn't too hard once you figure her out...hehe...she is nothing like the stygian i'll bet
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Next

Return to PAS Guild