Account Security

Account Security

Postby Prae » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:18 pm

Just a quick reminder to all that you need to stay vigilant when it comes to clicking on links in forum pages, weather it be on the PAS forums or in Stratics or anywhere else. ALSO NEVER go to a website being spammed by someone ingame or any website that is in a persons profile or in a book on the ground. There are many websites that have virus/trojans/or even keyloggers and will attempt to gain access to your account information.

I know some of you say, "Oh that won't happen to me I've got the best (insert antivirus/trojan/keylogger detector here)" Well guess what folks.....hackers and scammers don't work 9 to 5 and they can find new ways of hacking you faster then the companies can find a way to fix them.

If a website seems questionable or you even doubt it for a min do not go to it. If you click on a link and it takes you to MYUO log in....DO NOT LOG IN! Read the web address at the top of the screen. If it is the main page it would be a short address. If not then it probably is not a legit page.

ALWAYS use a different password on every account and never use your account password at other websites. If you haven't done so already add the extra security question to your UO accounts. Even these small things can help keep someone from hacking your account.

Just remember to stay vigilant!
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to PAS Guild