Did they finally nerf the greater dragons?

Did they finally nerf the greater dragons?

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:57 am

I have several friends that are telling me that they nerfed the greater dragons, at least the wild ones.

So I went to destard this morning at server up, and the reg dragons hit me for far less than normal on fireballs (like 8-10 instead of 15-25), and the super dragons hit me for about the same amounts.

Except of course the dreaded teleport-one hit kill move ... which didnt kill me!

It did 75 damage instead of 130 as it used to.

I seemed to hit the superdragon for more damage too, although I spent 5 min on it with mostly evs and only got it to 1/3 life (way faster than I used to).

I also ran around and noticed there were 16 dragons in destard level one, and only 3 were super dragons.

The ratio before was 1 in 3 usually were super dragons.

Did I just find an anomaly and everything else is normal and the one superdragon I found was a weak, slow one (oh yeah the superdragon was much slower than a reg dragon, that seemed to be a big change too).

Does anyone else notice any differences and if so, did they also nerf the pet superdragons?

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Kiera » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:01 am

Completely non-scientific observation:

Spent about 90 minutes in Destard just now and took almost an hour before I finally found one Greater Dragon. I thought it was my imagination, but now that you mention it, thought it did move slower, and interestingly I had no problem healing my own Super Dragon which is almost fully trained. I also noticed it took fewer bandaids and I could easily stem the tide on the damage my pet was taking. At first I thought the only other guy in there, a Lord Blackthorn's Kryss Reptile Slaying bearer, had lured all the Greater Dragons out of the way as I didn't see him/her fighting any Greaters. This guy was taking the Dragons and Drakes down without any trouble, so yeah I am wondering now as well. Makes me wonder if the warrior types once again complained about things and got their wishes. I certainly hope they don't nerf our Greater Dragons! Thing is, with my 120 Vet I can keep my pet standing with 2 Greaters on her and maybe a regular Dragon as well, so I don't really need or want them nerfed at all. They give great gold, gems, hides and reasonable scales, although I had hoped they would have double scales since they have double the gems and 30 leather instead of 20 on the regular Dragons.

One other thought, makes me wonder if the probable nerfing of wild Greater Dragons had anything to do with the Scale turn-in for the Library Quest taking a horrible nose dive after the introduction of the Greater Dragons. Not so coincidentally, it seemed that far fewer folks were attempting Destard, collecting scales and turning them in. I can't help but wonder if the Warriors who are Legendary Complainers about anything Tamers do, had a hand in causing this...

If all this is true, why bother labeling them Greater Dragons!? Why not call the Supers, Dragons, and the Dragons, call them Lesser Dragons, heh heh.

It will be interesting to read Stratics to see what the other die-hard Destard hunters say if this is real and not some one day anomaly.
Kiera
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:22 pm

I forgot to post again but later I checked, had about the same percentage of greaters there, they definitely were slower still (to me), and they teleported on me and didnt kill me.

The only diff the next time thru was I did take more damage (or rather same as old damage) from the regular dragons. First trip they did like 8 on a fireball, then second trip later some were hitting me for 34 or so, so I guess that nixes that aspect.

Just interested to hear if anyone else notices this or has any insight to the stats to show us (looks at Katana). *smiles*

And btw it wasnt just the warriors complaining, I almost quit UO over those super dragons ... they ruined brit gate cause everyone "pvping" there had a super dragon that one hit killed everyone (yeah thats fair) ... and it ruined my farming leather cause I got teleported and squished every damn time a super dragon attacked me (yeah thats fair).

:)

So at least one mage was whining about it.

I dont necessarily want them to nerf the tamers pets, if they are used for pvm, but I do think the ones that are used for pvp are way too powerful, might as well make super onis and then they can throw poo gas and kill us from 20 screens away.

hehe made myself laugh there, throwing poo gas hehe.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 pm

hehe made myself laugh there, throwing poo gas hehe.

Be careful with that poo gas, you can put an eye out! :twisted:
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Return to PAS Guild