New idea for the carpet pieces

New idea for the carpet pieces

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:21 am

Sarsmi

I built a platform as a mini rune library area at my vendor house and it's a little bare bones right now, but I bought up some of the red carpet edging (the fringe faces south) and dyed it brown, and used it in place of wooden benches. The nice part is it doesn't take up lockdowns:

Crazy huh? The way to do it is place carpet and double click, place runebook and lockdown, place carpet and double click...etc. So easy! I'll be adding more stacks in a bit, still deciding what to do with the layout.

BTW with the new square gozas since they don't have borders they tend to vanish when used as stairs next to each other. I got around that a bit by making square gozas in black, placing them on top of the grey-brown ones that have an east or south edge showing, then lowered them one time. This gives the edge a little shadow and makes the platform/stairs seem thicker.

I'm going to experiment some more later since the colors I used here are a bit drab, but I didn't want to start off crazy. Especially since it seems like I'm stuck with those two teal colored soul forges, haha.

I also read at the castle and homes forum at Stratics they can be dyed also, so a huge amount of lock downs could be free up using this trick for you folks with rune book libraries.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Ask her for couple snaps, she posted this, this is way cool!

Crystal of CCC;

Ack! Im still in the process of playing around with the color and placement, but I will post this picture to show the great contrast you get. Also, the books seems to extend a bit more out of the shelves made with the rug sections, which makes them easier to access. They may even look better placed directly against a wall, but the unevenness at the east ends can be camoed by a tall plant.

I had taken the entire Library down and was remodeling it to somewhat match the new design of the vendorhouse itself. So many possibilities with the rugs and tons of color choices that you didnt have with the wooden benches. Its still quite a mess and a work in progress.

Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to PAS Guild