Let's clear the air

Let's clear the air

Postby Khan OSG » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Certain events have happened, which I won't apologize for, but I do regret it's come to this. Here is my perspective: it's a lot of work for one or two people to clear out spawn and get an invasion captain trapped inside bagballs. It's then uncourteous for a massive group to jump in only after the spawn's been done, likely stealing the drop, and it's damn rude for allies to do that without even saying hello. Weren't there other captains, or was it because all the big work had already been done?

Perhaps you have your own system of a drop belonging to whoever gets it, or taking turns, or equal distribution, but did you ever consider how an ally and his non-guilded friend will feel about the drop they had otherwise been assured? When I see a couple of people working on a captain, I move on.

Three separate incidents, all with PAS jumping in only after the captain's protectors were killed, smelled of pure opportunism. The other day, a PAS lured a captain to us and ran off, after which the captain turned on and killed my friend. Twice it was a certain person who started on ours, then appeared to call everybody over. His disregard for any courtesy toward allies even included grabbing my bagballs after the captain was killed. When he justified it as "It's an invasion," that sealed it. And for the record, his claim that I looted him is true -- except that he neglected to mention it was only an empty bagball.

Last night, I managed to trap a captain. Someone came up and jumped right in. Had she said hello, I'd have invited her to join me. But she didn't, so I pulled my bagballs to let her have the captain, albeit bereft of my efforts. She didn't appear to expect that, dying soon afterward when the spawn turned on her.

I'm not ridiculous enough to claim ownership of a given monster, but a simple "Hello, mind if we join in" goes a long way. If I deliberately stayed away from a PAS champ spawn only until the boss appeared, do any of you not see something wrong with that?

So there you have my side. You can accept it or not. As far as I was concerned, Melchior and Chalnoth had settled things, but I was asked to make a post.
Khan OSG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks for the post. I understand and accept your premise and expectation of common courtesy. This should have been and will be offered hence forth. Occasionally errant assumptions are made in fighting environments based on the players color. Green does not always mean welcome, and allies should take time to identify the circumstance.

The fault I find is in taking the matter into your own hands. Retribution rarely leads to satisfactory results. PAS answers first to the Elders then to me as GM and they should defer to Ally GMs as well. Dust-ups are inevitable when dealing with an Alliance the size of ours. Prudence dictates that issues be brought to the GMs for resolution.

You have been a good ally to PAS sharing in many events prior to the invasion and bearing up well at raided spawns. PAS and the Alliance has weathered far worse departures from decorum (on both sides of the issue) and I am confident that we can move forward.
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Khan OSG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:51 am

That all sounds good to me. As far as I was concerned, it was over anyway.
Khan OSG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Khan OSG » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:10 pm

I woke up this morning to an ICQ from Mel that he'll have to kick me from OSG for pulling bagballs and getting PAS killed.

Nothing of the kind ever happened. The ONE thing I did, a couple of nights ago, was to pull a bagball so a PAS tamer's dragon could hit the captain. Cherry started going off on me how I was taking their bagballs, notwithstanding how many of my own I had put down.

you did all this on pyotr and some elders told me you got them killed and it wasn't the first time.

As I said, I did pull bags before when we had the misunderstanding, not to get anyone killed, but so that people couldn't just mooch off the work I had done to clear spawn and trap the captain.

But since then? It's a total lie. I want to know who's claiming this.
Khan OSG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Diablo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes im one that said it 2 times you pulled bags from captains and then when we was trying to bag more up I was paralyzing and you would come up and hit it thene since I was the one with agro he would kill me
Diablo
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Medals: 4
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Khan OSG » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:06 pm

You're either a liar or didn't know what's going on. Bael and I were doing great, and until I logged, half the bags put down were my own.

The only times I ever "pulled bags from captains" was to re-do a bad placement, or after a captain died. But this "trying to bag more up" to get you or others killed? That's a bald-faced LIE.
Khan OSG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Khan OSG » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Now Melchior seems unaware of exactly when this was happening. Was this when my chars were out of OSG? Because of timing, I thought these these accusations were from last night.
Khan OSG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Diablo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:14 pm

see the difference you don't see me cousin and im telling what I seen you did do this I have no reason to lie on you
Diablo
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Diablo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 pm

first sorry for saying you cussed and also I agree with turgon we need to sit down and talk about this for all involved
Diablo
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Postby Melchior1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:33 pm

I feel a meeting is in order but only with the ones involved and including chalnoth and me. Let's clear the air and get on with this. This alliance is too awesome for things like this to happen. We need to correct it by communication. I speak on behalf of OSG.
Melchior1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Diablo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Agreed time and place I be there
Diablo
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Postby Khan OSG » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:15 pm

If you didn't understand what I was doing, I can accept that. But claiming that I was doing things deliberately to get you or any other PAS killed, that's bullcrap.

first sorry for saying you cussed

You can't even get your story straight. Are you even sure it was me?
Khan OSG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Good idea to talk. before event time would probably be best. Will watch for parties concerned.
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to PAS Guild