PAS CORNER MARKET

Look here for major updates and announcements

PAS CORNER MARKET

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:34 am

HAIL PAS,

As noted in a post last week Eleanor has assumed management responsibility for the Corner Market. It is our desire to replace the present structure with one that fills the available plot. I estimate this would double our storage capacity in the Market. In order to do this we need EVERYONE to remove your vendor, temporarily until the new structure is in place.

I request anyone having a vendor at the corner market to take it down ASAP. If storage is an issue for your vendor items, let me know. Also pass the word to other Alliance members you know that may have vendors at the Market. We would like to build a new market within a week. I will ask Eleanor to post the names of the vendor owners here, that have not been removed within the next 3 days.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Lets make the PAS Corner Market the Premier Shopping Spot on Sonoma. With Eleanor's guidance I am sure we can make that happen

~PAS ROCKS SONOMA~
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:11 pm

I dropped the only vendor I had there. It just had a book on it to remember Silverhawk, a young PAS that was killed in a car wreck the day after she joined PAS.

I bought a vendor house in Luna and will lock down a book there with more information about what happened, which will be more fitting than the single book with her name on it.

For those that were not aware of this, here's the original post from Red:

http://peoplesarmyofsonoma.net/viewtopi ... 253&t=2476

This hit me very hard, as she was Princess Katie's age (my oldest daughter). I think about her often, and always when it gets close to Christmas, as this happened a few days before Christmas.

We later named a PAS medal after Silverhawk, to be awarded to PAS that were fairly new to the guild. Maldar and Kronos have been awarded that medal to date.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I know some people were aware that I had a vendor with that book on it, and I wanted to make sure that people knew I wasnt going to just drop the vendor and not have something ingame to remember her.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Ike » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:46 pm

Took mine down
Ike
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Irwin Hunter » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:01 am

I had two there. I took both down. You know that if they do not take them down. You can just not renew the contract. Then they will all fall in a week.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Queen Mum » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:07 am

will remove my 'always free' vendor today :)

*Edit .... All Done :)
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:11 am

Thanks Chalnoth!

Thanks also to everyone that has taken their vendors down so far. As soon as the vendors are gone, I'll get the house done as quickly as possible so we can be back in business. I'm hoping to follow the same design, which seems to work well, but *fingers crossed* slightly larger.

That is, of course, unless anyone has any other ideas for how it should look!??? Let me know, I'd love to hear it :)

Thanks to those of you who have vendors there, for your patience :) We'll also hopefully have more space for new vendors......

~Eleanor & Id the Corner Market owner!

Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

gone

Postby tiger » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:57 am

my vendor is gone, i didnt take him down,seems the immigration dept.caught up to him and sent him back to either texas or mexico.i cant see any difference at either place.
tiger
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby MountainDew » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 pm

My one free vendor is taken down now. :)
MountainDew
PAS Guildsman
PAS Guildsman

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:53 am

I've set the contracts not to renew on the following folks vendors.

Lenay
God Inc
Sir William
Sniffer
Halfpenny
Mack
Witch Doctor
Faitalani

There are 4 others, who I know for sure aren't playing at the moment. I've purchased Maldar's items and I'll hold them until he can play again.

If anyone knows the other players and can contact them in any way, or put me in touch with them I'd really appreciate it.

thanks! :smt023

~Eleanor
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Ike » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:24 am

I dont know if Fait hitsthe boards or not, but should see her in game today.. Phinneas had a vendor there on the second floor, but he hasnt been in game for awhile.
Ike
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby wild flower » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Thought I still had a vendor there and now there is none -- should of had a good amount of money on her too. How do I get the stuff?

Also be careful when you go to replace the new house because people are watching all the time for houses to fall -- especially in Luna. That is why we didn't do it before because of the fear of loosing the spot all together. Once you drop the house isn't there a waiting period before restarting one. I have been gone for a while so things may have changed and I'm just trying to be cautious.

Good luck and I miss you all.
WF
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Queen Mum » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:55 pm

The housing customizing now allows us to resize (or move a tile or two) our 'plots' for a certain amount of time. Which means no one can place on your spot while doing the 'restructuring' BUT you have to make sure there is nothing in the house cause everything will drop unlocked to the ground.

----
From UO Publish 53 ... found HERE
Added the House Resizing command:

* Saying "I wish to resize my house" while standing under the house sign demolishes your house as though you'd used that option from the house sign
o NOTE: This is an actual "demolish" - if you have grandfathered houses, resizing your house will condemn them just like placing a new one would. Also, items will behave just as though you demolished the house - they will drop to the ground.
* Places a one hour account-bound placement zone where your house used to be
o Any character on the account is guaranteed replacement on the same plot for an hour
o Circumvents the normal 7 day delay between demolishes/rebuilds
o The new house can be smaller or larger than the original area, as long as the surrounding area can accommodate the change

hope that will help ...
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks Queen Mum, I didn't know how the changes worked, so that's really helpful and sounds a lot less scary.....

~Eleanor
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Thoth » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:05 pm

You can retrieve your money and items by standing near the house sign and clicking it to bring up the context menu. If your contract expired your vendor will be listed there with a button to retrieve your stuff. If more than a week has past since the contract expired the house owner can claim your items.
Thoth
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) Mile's Voice of Truth (1) One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) PAS Royal Guard (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Return to Major Announcements