For those who use shard shields to transfer between shards .

Look here for major updates and announcements

For those who use shard shields to transfer between shards .

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Queen Mum passed this along to me.

not good.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/u ... ay.319380/

I'm hoping they change and find an alternative solution. Otherwise I anticipate a lot of people dropping accounts very quickly.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby JediPat » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:50 pm

I have been following the thread on stratics from my phone all afternoon. A lot of angry vets huffing and puffing so far. I dont have shard shields so I don't know how cool they really are but it does seem like a lot of the people mad are the ones who have a lot of xsharding activity going on. I wouldn't think it would affect the casual player. We will see though.
JediPat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Jax » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Said to say that If this does happen and we can only transfer 2 times a month then it will kill the around the world for the entire guild. choose the items to be transferred very carefully I guess.

:x
Jax
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 2
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:17 am

unfortunately, some of the most helpful people playing UO will get penalized. I know Queen Mum, Ciara, and several other PAS members like to buy holiday items, deco, and other items around xmas and other times of the year when those items are available on vendors on other shards. This limit will curb the amount of that activity can be done.

Also, there are a lot of folks like me who may have 2 sonoma shard shields and 14 other shard shields. If I only get 2 transfers a month for that account, then basically I am wasting 12 of those shard shields.

I have also built up 20 sonoma tokens for transfers on that account so I can make more transfers. Now, 18 of those will never be used (again a waste).

Let's hope an alternative solution is found to stop whatever exploit was being used.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Warden » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:20 am

As of last night, when I was last reading that thread, the limit was per character. So if you use a shield token to transfer Bob to Atlantic, then Bob can't use a shield token again for two weeks. He can still transfer using a purchased token - this much was clearly stated by a dev. Less clear is thatapparently other characters can still transfer with shield tokens.

If this is true, then there are some work arounds. Making newbie characters to transfer, swapping characters for the return trip, etc. Still a pain, but doable.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:54 pm

looks like they found an alternative solution to the problem ...

http://stratics.com/community/threads/u ... st-2415988

So thumbs up for this! And thanks to Queen Mum for staying on top of this and passing along the information.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Warden » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Nice!
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Return to Major Announcements