Idea for Ventrilo Replacement

Look here for major updates and announcements

Idea for Ventrilo Replacement

Postby lkatana » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:29 pm

I play with other guilds and the one of them im playing with right now (in addition to PAS)
uses a program called mumble instead of ventrilo

it works pretty much the same with one really big difference
it also has the ability to do typed chat.
now whats nice about this is with the chat it also provides
text to voice for every thing that is written into the chat box.

i know we have a couple people like my self that dont currently have a working mic
and this would allow us to be able to talk to every one as well..

Im not one to complain but i have run into this allot
I will do the comment with the send silent unchecked
i still may wait several minutes for a response
assumning i even get one.

and sadly in game guild and alliance chat sometimes gets just as little response.

which is why id like to propose the switch over to mumble
I use it with the other guild and whats nice is
i will type in what i want to say
it converts it to voice so they all hear that and then respond using their
mic

it works very well
lkatana
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Mile's Voice of Truth (1)

Re: Idea for Ventrilo Replacement

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:40 am

Ya I have used it on Siege as well
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:44 pm

I believe ventrilo has had this for years as well.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6775905_use-tex ... trilo.html

I dont have a version to play with, but I found that link above that appears to talk you through how to do it in ventrilo.

Just FYI.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby lkatana » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:17 pm

oh cool ill look at that
lkatana
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby lkatana » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:01 pm

ok well cool and not so cool

ventrilo's ability to do the text to speech
is based in the key bindings and macros

so unless i make a macro for each thing i would ever want to say
or go into key binding of the text to speech macro i set up
and then modify the text box
and save it and press the macro to play what i wrote in it
then re-enter the set up and change it to the next thing i want to say
save it and press the macro again.

I mean it will work but what a pain.

mumble has a side by side window
the right one is like ventrilo with the channels and whose in them
the left one is both a status window showing logins and log offs and channel changed
but it also has a text box under it like mirc that you can type in and every thing that
gets typed in there is automatically sent as text to speech

to every one in the channel no need to do any set up or spiecal set up needed
lkatana
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:29 pm

that does sound better, Katana.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby xare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:00 am

"I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese."

"I'm not a bad influence, I'm an enabler."
xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:28 pm

4492> 2016-11-11 12:25:39> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
4492> 2016-11-11 12:25:40> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
4492> 2016-11-11 12:25:41> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Discord
4492> 2016-11-11 12:25:41> SingleGlobalInstance: Grabbing lockfile with timeout of 00:00:10
4492> 2016-11-11 12:25:41> CheckForUpdateImpl: Reading RELEASES file from C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
4492> 2016-11-11 12:25:42> CheckForUpdateImpl: Remote version 0.0.296 differs from local
4492> 2016-11-11 12:25:42> CheckForUpdateImpl: First run or local directory is corrupt, starting from scratch
4492> 2016-11-11 12:25:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: Writing files to app directory: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.296
4492> 2016-11-11 12:26:14> IEnableLogger: Failed to install package to app dir: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'locales' is denied.
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.MoveTo(String destDirName)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<>c__DisplayClassb3.<>c__DisplayClassb8.<>c__DisplayClassba.<installPackageToAppDir>b__b1(DirectoryInfo subdir)
at Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass18`1.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<ForEachAsync>b__17()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass1e`1.<>c__DisplayClass20.<<ForEachAsync>b__1d>d__22.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<>c__DisplayClassb3.<>c__DisplayClassb8.<installPackageToAppDir>b__b0(DirectoryInfo ld)
at Squirrel.EnumerableExtensions.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 onNext)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<>c__DisplayClassb3.<<installPackageToAppDir>b__ac>d__bc.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Squirrel.Utility.<LogIfThrows>d__50`1.MoveNext()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'locales' is denied.
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<>c__DisplayClassb3.<>c__DisplayClassb8.<>c__DisplayClassba.<installPackageToAppDir>b__b1(DirectoryInfo subdir)
at Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass18`1.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<ForEachAsync>b__17()
at Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass1e`1.<>c__DisplayClass20.<<ForEachAsync>b__1d>d__22.MoveNext()<---

---> (Inner Exception #1) System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'resources' is denied.
at Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass1e`1.<>c__DisplayClass20.<<ForEachAsync>b__1d>d__22.MoveNext()<---

4492> 2016-11-11 12:26:14> Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'locales' is denied.
at Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass1e`1.<>c__DisplayClass20.<<ForEachAsync>b__1d>d__22.MoveNext()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<>c__DisplayClassb3.<>c__DisplayClassb8.<installPackageToAppDir>b__b0(DirectoryInfo ld)
at Squirrel.EnumerableExtensions.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 onNext)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<>c__DisplayClassb3.<<installPackageToAppDir>b__ac>d__bc.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<ApplyReleases>d__79.MoveNext()
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.<FullInstall>d__f.MoveNext()
at Squirrel.Update.Program.<Install>d__3a.MoveNext()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'locales' is denied.
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'locales' is denied.

---> (Inner Exception #1) System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'resources' is denied.
<---

8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Discord
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> Program: Install path C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Discord already exists, burning it to the ground
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> SingleGlobalInstance: Grabbing lockfile with timeout of 00:00:10
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> CheckForUpdateImpl: Reading RELEASES file from C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> CheckForUpdateImpl: Remote version 0.0.296 differs from local
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> CheckForUpdateImpl: First run or local directory is corrupt, starting from scratch
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:25> ApplyReleasesImpl: Writing files to app directory: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.296
8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:35> IEnableLogger: Failed to install package to app dir: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'resources' is denied.
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'resources' is denied.

8168> 2016-11-11 12:27:35> Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'resources' is denied.
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'resources' is denied.
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'resources' is denied.
<---
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:44 pm

oh lord the oldies but goodies ...

first that goober KD posts ... then Dara the goober also posts.

*waves at Dara*

Always good to see the name Xare (which translates to Dara in my small brain).

:)

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby xare » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:56 pm

uh huh, I accept that KD; it always translated to Dora for Immy.

Also, hi all. Just dropping by and grumbling about the sheer mess these forums are in. I'll leave now, carry on, as you were.
"I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese."

"I'm not a bad influence, I'm an enabler."
xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to Major Announcements