RBG Ranking Ceremony

Look here for major updates and announcements

RBG Ranking Ceremony

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:02 pm

RBG Ranking Ceremony

How many remember the hoop la about the shard bound lanterns we received at the first Ceremony? We had a lot of concern citizens (mainly as they were cross sharding) that they could not take their lanterns home. Makes me wonder if those same people will show up tonight, since we all know that these items are all shard bound.

Sonoma – RBG Ranking Ceremony
April 26 @ 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM EDT
Since the reinstatement of the Royal Britannian Guard, our lands have never been more secure and safe from threats. In recognition of individual guards, a special quarterly ceremony will be held to honor those that have contributed to the guard over the past several months.
Citizens of Britannia are called to Blackthorn Castle on Wednesday, April 26th at 7pm PST (10pm EST).

I wonder what the count will be tonight? Will those that had such a fuss over the first shard bound lanterns show up to receive another shard bound reward for being in the Sonoma RBG? I assume we will find out this evening at Blackthorn’s Castle. Be sure to dress up folks this one will be for the record books.

RBG Ranking Ceremony That Evening

All I can say is its been the talk of the shard, a promotion ceremony at Blackthorn Castle! It was a very long time ago that we first received our lanterns, and it seemed even longing between ceremonies for advancement on the RBG Lanterns. But tonight we were going to receive a very new lantern showing rank met for individuals within the RBG!

HRM has saw to it that portals are set at the Brit and Luna bank that will take you to the bridge south of the Castle, once in the castle you will cross over the courtyard and take the steps up to the 2nd floor, it is here you will find the throne room. Banners are already set in place lining the area of the walkway below the HRM’s Throne.

Twenty two minutes to go and only three people here right now.

Zero Hour a few more people here, our commander went well over the one hour for the ceremony, overall no problems, here is his speech to use just prior to starting;

Commander Chimaera: Good evening citizens and guards. It is glad to be back here with you all and in good health. And it couldn’t be at a more appropriate time. This evening, you will be honored for your contribution to the Royal Britannian Guard. Can you all hear me back there?

*nods*

As this is our first official frocking ceremony since the Royal Guard has been reinstated. Many of you will be receiving your first ceremonial medal as tribute for your valor. As a show of partnership between the old ranking and new. The King and I are showing our appreciation in the form of a crimson lantern. This lantern is symbolic. The flame is symbolic of the strength each one of you has when called upon in battle for our war as well as in policy and leadership from our governors. The light emitted from the lantern is symbolic of the guidance that each one of you has given me since I became the commander of the guard... And something I continue to be grateful for. And the color crimson symbolizes all of your continued and relentless sacrifice to protect our realm. These lanterns will be magical engraved and bound to you, once held in your hand. And to keep our guard close, these lanterns are bound to the great realm of Sonoma.

Forty three of you have have received a rank among the Royal Britannian Guard, this evening.
Though I do not believe all are in attendance. If you feel your rank is in-error. Or if you feel you deserve a rank but do not receive one. Please contact me after the ceremony to discuss. If you have received a rank and are not present. I will hold your lantern until the next ceremony
Less one chooses to contact me beforehand.

I will promote you, one by one. Once your promotion is complete. Please touch the torch to the ceremonial brazier to complete the tradition.

And with those words he started!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Re: RBG Ranking Ceremony

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 am

Well I told that as a reporter I need to be unbiased, I told them I not a reporter and I was telling the truth, well the article was not going to be approved unless it was edit. My reply. "feel free to edit what you feel is biased. I was only telling the true from that first event two years ago. I will not edit it myself, so if you feel it not good enough feel free to edit/delete it. I was there two yrs ago and all I heard was wines and cries that they could not take it home. This is why I am not a reporter, I hope you do understand Ms. Thanks". The article was deleted today since I refused to edit any part concerning the ceremony from 2 yrs ago.

Since we cannot post the truth I think I will just go back to posting pictures like I did before doing any writes up, If the truth cannot be posted in words then pictures will nail it shut.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Ciara » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 pm

I always enjoy your articles. I can't see where this is biased. I hope we will see the articles on the PAS forums then, and pictures on Stratics, if you still want to post there.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:39 pm

yep I had a history of not cooperating with reporters, EMs, basically THE MAN!

:)

I was a rebel and I stayed true to that for 16 yrs. Sad that spoiled sports have to get all uppety and say things like "you should be unbiased". ROFL

A friend of mine used to say when he ran into someone uppety "facts is facts, whether you like em or not".

Stick to your guns.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to Major Announcements