Putting a fix on UOA

Look here for major updates and announcements

Putting a fix on UOA

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:28 am

I am not the smartest when it comes to PCs but I was able to set my UOA back to 10

2-21-190001.jpg

Read a follow these instructions
2-21-190002.jpg

Then open
2-21-190003.jpg

then edit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Re: Putting a fix on UOA

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:28 am

"now your UOA should work with 10 more tries"?

Meaning it will startup 10 more times before another fix is needed? or after 10 more tries it will start correctly? or set it back to a version 10 maybe?

I don't use UOA since those features are included in enhanced/PINCO's UI's, but I was curious for those who still use UO Assist.

That was an awesome program at the time (in the very old days). But it was frustrating when someone smacked you during the dress macro that took about 3-4 seconds per item to equip, stopping the macro and not allowing you to get dressed even manually till it timed out.

Ah the good old days.

As always, be very careful when doing registry edits. One misplaced character could cause lots of computer problems.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:29 pm

It puts ten more times on it before it will fail, I also make sure to set my UOA to check only once a day for updates as that will take a count As for dressing these days the Del FINALLY fixed that problem in CC, we now have instant dress with just a hit of a key. I really used UOA mainly for making repair deeds and running healing macro (bandaids and healing spells) on my pets. As for EC, I cannot play it, the constant moving of everything on the screen and the really really really bad art that truely truely truely sucks makes me sick. I do love certain features like the zoom in/out and the maps showing P-members and healers and can only hope that someday they can put that in the CC
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:47 pm

I can certainly appreciate visual problems (when I had vertigo issues that was one of the two things in combination that forced me to quit playing UO).

Interesting though that you mentioned all the movement of the EC vs CC. It's been forever since I played CC, but I remember the video being more choppy but not any less movement in CC vs EC. There are a lot of settings for video in CC and EC, and I'm wondering if one of those might make a difference (maybe making both of them better for you). Maybe a smaller screen size zoom, or smaller max frame rate or different UI scale might help. *shrugs*

I'm going to install the old CC and play around with that and EC and see if anything jumps out to me that might help you out.

Like I said, video issues SUCK.

:)

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:11 pm

well tugsoft is back
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby xare » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 pm

"I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese."

"I'm not a bad influence, I'm an enabler."
xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to Major Announcements