Warriors of Destiny/The Vanguard continues to advance

Look here for major updates and announcements

Warriors of Destiny/The Vanguard continues to advance

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Over on UO.com
Warriors of Destiny
Tim Cotten
11 Apr 2008 16:00:55 EST

By now, many of you may have noticed the new banner splashing across the top of the uo.com site, Live Events 2008! I’m especially excited about our plans for this year, and even more so about the event arc we’ve just begun: Warriors of Destiny.

Based off the contents of Ultima V, in which Britannia and the Virtues are utterly betrayed, this event arc ties together many threads from our past and forges a future where order and chaos are pitted once more against each other. Old and new enemies alike are reaching out to ensure Britannia meets her fate.

Everyone will be free to choose their alignments, and I’m sure the loyal Warriors of Destiny won’t be the only group to be titled for their deeds…
Publish 52: The War of Shadows

The Shadowlords, long displaced from the shards of Sosaria, have at last found their way home through the machinations of one dedicated follower. The blackrock detector, a beacon of hope for the government against the insanity gripping the land, instead opened a rift directly to the ethereal void. Nothing could stop their advance: not Kronos, not even the Time Lord himself.

The disparate events of the past – the rise of blackrock, a needless conflict with the Ophidians, the devastation of Haven and razing of Magincia – are finally weaving into a tapestry of betrayal. The kingdom is destabilized, chaos reigns, and the conditions ripe for the masters of Hatred, Cowardice, and Falsehood to lay waste to everything Britannia stands for.

No more foreshadowing.
No more hints.

The Shadowlords are here.
Weakened, but here.
Growing stronger every day.
Preparing to strike, at last.

Features

Faction changes
• Turn off load balancing between factions; factions can grow to any size
• Allow multiple characters from the same account onto the same faction
• Reduce faction quit time from 7 to 3 days
• Fix stairs for ghosts (should resolve issues with the SL base)
• Interesting rewards for participating in the war while in factions

House Placement changes
• House resizing: demolishing a house creates an account bound area for guaranteed house placement for a limited time
• House placement exploit fixes

Turn-ins
• Invasion item turn-ins
o Ophidian
o Rat coins
o Magincia
o Mad Mage

Scenario 1: War of Shadows
• Stay tuned!

And so the live design team rolls on, leaving many bugs squashed, exploits patched, and houses aflame. See you soon, and enjoy the ride!

Tim “Draconi” Cotten
Lead Live Designer
Ultima Online
EA Mythic

Last edited by Lord Drakelord on Fri May 09, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Tracy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Love the house resizing change!
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri May 09, 2008 11:03 pm

What's To Come:

The Vanguard continues to advance. Keep watch on your shard for Shadow activites beginning tomorrow morning (Saturday, May 10th, "morning" EST).

So tomorrow at Server up look out folks.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Sat May 10, 2008 6:58 am

Anyone know which towns will be involved? I saw a list somewhere, but I don't remember which towns were involved. Delucia was one I think.
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat May 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Eleanor Rigby wrote:Anyone know which towns will be involved? I saw a list somewhere, but I don't remember which towns were involved. Delucia was one I think.

News said, Cove, Delucia, NJ, and on Origin, SH was also hit.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed May 28, 2008 7:28 pm

TC has pub 53, you can read all about it at UO.COM.

New stuff at TC for us, some items I not happy about and hope they change them, also the swords, shields from Vanguard are not on the list. Below are the rewards I have concerns about.
Rewards
Horse Barding 20,000pts

Dragon Head 50,000pts

Archery Butte 80,000pts

Ok I am a little concern here, all of these rewards are double, one facing east the other south, so if I was to set one up facing east, but wanted to change out I would have to get the same reward, but facing the other direction. Are we going to fix it so that we can change the direction of the reward with a menu gump, or use house tool to turn it? Or are you going to "FORCE" us to get both rewards? I just want one of each and I want to be able to turn it when I change anything at the houses.

Went and placed a tower to see the three items and also check with a housing tool to see if they can be turned. They cannot so if you wanted only one and later wanted to change the direction of it you would be out of luck
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby wild flower » Thu May 29, 2008 2:20 am

I went to uo.com and couldn't find the point values for the items and I'm wondering what all will be accepted. Want to print it out and what not. Can you post it here or get a more specific address for me. I would sure appreciate it.

Thank you
WF
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 am

wild flower wrote:I went to uo.com and couldn't find the point values for the items and I'm wondering what all will be accepted. Want to print it out and what not. Can you post it here or get a more specific address for me. I would sure appreciate it.

Thank you
WF

Test Center 1 Update May 28 2008 1:21PM CST
Bug Fixes:
Added a 15 minute timer for a guild to accept an alliance invite. This means guilds will no longer get stuck in "invite pending" mode. (For guilds in this situation now, once the publish goes live, GMs will be able to resolve the issue.)
Vanguards and their allies will now teleport if they are attacked while in unreachable locations
Players are able to resize instead of demolish houses by saying "I wish to resize my house". NOTE: This DOES count as demolishing a house and WILL condemn existing houses on grandfathered accounts. (Further note: making housing changes (placing, demolishing, etc) on Test Center does not affect houses on production shards.)
Greater Dragons and Dread Warhorses will display properly in trade window
Statuette engraving tools will be available, sold by NPC tinkers.
Sand and Granite will have double resources in Fel now
Creatures will no longer teleport into private houses
Snake Skin Boots will no longer say Oak
Blood Oath can now be removed by eating an Enchanted Apple or using Remove Curse spell
Added a Priest of Mondain to Felucca Prism of Light area
Zoo Collection points will now decay more slowly
Lady Sylvanis will no longer chase people quite so far
Repair Service Deeds now work for a Long Sword, orc, bear and tribal masks, right-facing Black Staffs, left-facing Crooks, and left-facing Clubs
Player vendors can no longer hold a shield and a two handed weapon
Moonglow blacksmith regions have been updated to use repair deeds
Player vendors should now recognize the increased bank storage
The spelling of Velocity has been corrected when a player is hit by an arrow with Velocity
Taming Text will now appear over the head when pet is tamed.
You can now milk a cow (use an empty pitcher on it!)
Juka Bow has been fixed to show the correct str.
The Vanguard assault has become heavier
Spring Cleaning 2008, Phase II

A new set of turn-in items and rewards have been added to the existing turn-in system. These items are in addition to the Publish 52 items, and all points from Phase 1 can be used on Phase II items

Turn-in items
Holiday & Valentine Gifts
50pts

Grobu’s Fur
100pts

SOS and MIBs
100pts

Powerscrolls 105
100pts

Treasure Map(Plainly, Expertly, and Adeptly Drawn
100pts

Cleverly Drawn Treasure Map
200pts

Powerscrolls 110
500pts

Stats Scroll +5
500pts

Leviathan Minor Artifacts
500pts

Deviously Drawn Treasure Map
500pts

Paragon Minor Artifacts
500pts

Ingenious Map Minor Artifacts
500pts

Special Fishing Net
500pts

Powerscrolls 115
1,000pts

Stats Scroll +10
1,000pts

Fabled Fishing Net
1,000pts

Ingeniously Drawn Treasure Map
1,000pts

Ancient SOS
1,000pts

Stats Scroll +15
2,000pts

Powerscrolls 120
3,500pts

Stats Scroll +20
3,500pts

Stats Scroll +25
7,500pts

Doom Artifacts
10,000pts

Rewards
Virtue Tiles (each)
10,000pts

Yucca Tree
15,000pts

Bamboo
15,000pts

Horse Barding
20,000pts

Dragon Head
50,000pts

Nest with eggs
50,000pts

Fire Pit
75,000pts

Beehive
80,000pts

Archery Butte
80,000pts

Luck Ring
150,000pts

Luck Bracelet
150,000pts

The Luck Ring has the following stats: Luck 150, FC 1, FCR 1
The Luck Bracelet has the following stats: Luck 150, FC 1, FCR 1
When worn together, the Luck jewelry gives the following set bonus: Luck 300, FC 3, FCR 6, HP Regen 2, Mana Regen 2
When the full Knight's Armor set (from the Publish 52 rewards) is worn, it gives the following set bonus:
HP Increase 6
MR 2
HP Regen 2
DCI 10
HCI 10
70 resists in all areas

http://update.uo.com/design_592.html

Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby wild flower » Thu May 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Your awesome -- TYTYTY :D
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri May 30, 2008 10:48 pm

Five on Friday
Archive - Select A Date:
----------Current May 30, 2008

PLEASE NOTE: The Five on Friday archives are not updated with each patch. Please take older documents with a grain of salt, as they may be inaccurate.

May 30, 2008

"Why did my Dread Warhorse's stats change when I stabled it?"

This seems to have caused a fair bit of confusion. The Dread Warhorse can cast Bless and Strength on itself - when you use Animal Lore on it, it will show the stats including the effects of any buffs. When it's stabled, it loses these buffs (although of course it can always cast them again.)

--

"Why do Artifact Level 1 Doom stealables have the same point value as Artifact Level 10 Dark Father drops?"

This was a good point raised by our TC testers, and we've broken out the artifacts by level, instead. (You'll probably see the changes early next week.) Instead of all major artifacts giving 10,000 points, they'll vary by level from 200 points for the relatively common level 1 and 2 artifacts to 25,000 points for extremely rare level 12 artifacts. Major Tokuno artifacts will count as level 10 - 10,000 points - as well.

--

"I'm a fisherman - why would I want to turn in SoSes and MiBs instead of using them?"

Actually, you probably won't. With the next revision of the turn-ins (next week) pre-chest loot will be worth 250 points apiece, and the chest might contain a Fishing Net which is worth more points. Also, the Ghost Anchor and the Seahorse will be worth 25,000 points as well!

--

"Why on earth would I want to turn in my old and rare holiday gifts for only 50 points?"

So "Holiday & Valentine Gifts" was a touch too broad a category - we don't want your Whispering Roses or that ancient Fruitcake after all. You may or may not think all of these are worth more as points than as collectibles - certainly I know I'm not giving up ALL of my old things - but I certainly have a lot of duplicates lying around. (A LOT of duplicates... man. *looks around at heaps of old boxes*) Here's the actual list of the items that can be turned in for 50 points apiece:
Snowglobes
Snowflakes
Holiday Cards
Holiday Trees
Poinsettia
Holiday Tree Deeds
Candy Cane
Pile of Snow / Glacial Snow
Holiday Bells
Holiday Candles
Holiday Statue
Mistletoe
Reindeers
Snowman
Holiday Wreath
Holiday Timepiece
Valentine Cards
Rose in a Vase
Red Velvet Box (NOTE: this is for the container ONLY. If you turn in a box with stuff in it you'll still only get 50 points.)

--

"What happened to the Potted Cactus that was on the reward list last Friday?"

We made some last minute tweaks and changes on Monday, so it got taken out. I suspect a nefarious plan...

(I always suspect a nefarious plan. And with this team, I'm usually proven correct :P)

--

Correction!

There was a typo in the Test Center notes (now corrected) - the Luck Jewelry, when worn as a set, gives 400 Luck, not 300. Sorry!

http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday111.html
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby wild flower » Sat May 31, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks again for the update.

Things I didn't see in the holiday stuff:
x-mas stockings (this one would have been a good one)
x-mas boxes (this one too)
sleighs
gingerbread houses
recipe we got with the stockings (this one would have been a good one)
stuffy's (thank goodness)

**Note before you turn in your roses in a vase I just want to let people know that you can dye the roses with a dye tub and it only dyes the rose (not the vase it's in or the stem). They are very pretty dyed**
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:04 pm

New Turn In values posted for TC. Obsidian Swords/Chaos Shields from controllers listed at 25,000!

Other notes about changes to TC:

Publish 53 on TC1 has been updated with the following:

* Players can get honey from beehives even if the hive is locked down
* Untamed Dread Warsteeds will use their signature attack more often
* The "Holiday Gift" turn-ins include the following items:
o Snowglobes
o Snowflakes
o Holiday Cards
o Holiday Trees
o Poinsettia
o Holiday Tree Deeds
o Candy Cane
o Pile of Snow / Glacial Snow
o Holiday Bells
o Holiday Candles
o Holiday Statue
o Mistletoe
o Reindeers
o Snowman
o Holiday Wreath
o Holiday Time piece
o Sleigh
o Valentine Cards
o Rose in a Vase
o Red Velvet Box
* Updated the turn-in list with various items (see here)
* The "nest with eggs" gained from Spring Cleaning is now a different hue than the regular rare "nest with eggs"
* Bank Checks will update properly when their value changes
* Mysterious strangers have been sighted in various of the Virtue Dungeons.

Curious what the Mysterious strangers are about..
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:22 am

AshOfCaine wrote:New Turn In values posted for TC. Obsidian Swords/Chaos Shields from controllers listed at 25,000!

Other notes about changes to TC:

Publish 53 on TC1 has been updated with the following:

* Players can get honey from beehives even if the hive is locked down
* Untamed Dread Warsteeds will use their signature attack more often
* The "Holiday Gift" turn-ins include the following items:
o Snowglobes
o Snowflakes
o Holiday Cards
o Holiday Trees
o Poinsettia
o Holiday Tree Deeds
o Candy Cane
o Pile of Snow / Glacial Snow
o Holiday Bells
o Holiday Candles
o Holiday Statue
o Mistletoe
o Reindeers
o Snowman
o Holiday Wreath
o Holiday Time piece
o Sleigh
o Valentine Cards
o Rose in a Vase
o Red Velvet Box
* Updated the turn-in list with various items (see here)
* The "nest with eggs" gained from Spring Cleaning is now a different hue than the regular rare "nest with eggs"
* Bank Checks will update properly when their value changes
* Mysterious strangers have been sighted in various of the Virtue Dungeons.

Curious what the Mysterious strangers are about..

Ya I saw that this morning.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby AshOfCaine » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:21 pm

AshOfCaine wrote:New Turn In values posted for TC. Obsidian Swords/Chaos Shields from controllers listed at 25,000!

Point value for swords/chaos shields was 'typo' and meant to be 2,500.. Darn those typos got me spending points I didn't have. :evil:
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:26 am

AshOfCaine wrote:

Point value for swords/chaos shields was 'typo' and meant to be 2,500.. Darn those typos got me spending points I didn't have. :evil:

Ya I was also spending points I did not have as well, got over 125 swords and shields so I was going, 'wow, wow, wow', now I going dang, dang, dang.

Still at 125 * 2,500 = 312,500 pts. and with the 390,000 I already have on Handy Man, I should be able to get all I want. We going to get one target, horse armor and Dragon's head for the THB LP house. Then I going to set up Compassion Image for my wife's tower, and Image for the THB tower in Yew. May get the fire pit also for the THB LP house, not sure about it just yet, going to check later on TC to see if we can cook on it.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Return to Major Announcements