Pub 56 Spoiler

Look here for major updates and announcements

Pub 56 Spoiler

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:38 am

During this event the dungeon khaldun will be in Tram also.
So no need to run to Fel side to do this. Do be sure to speak to Jasper at the Yew Courthouse as well as read the book he has there.
dint have a party of Greater dragons and ran out of time to even start to kill Sicarii.

My initial problem stemmed from an error, I restarted quest got another scroll did the steps over again and finally summoned ole boy to tell me where to go next. I now have two blood soaked books in my pack . I think its bugged.

Steps seem so far:

1) Yew Court, read Journal

2) Brit Cem, Kill on the Liche get green scroll.

3) To Khaldun, dbl click green scroll onto 9 wall carvings.

4) click on one of the nine green pages to make black book.

5) black book to SW corner to blood pool. dbl clk book to pool.

6) Find the central room (ant like hole) dbl clk to get in, say the name sarcophagidae to summon dark guardian.

7) say stuff to trigger conversation get info of burned house on the edge of jehlom.

8. Read small semi hidden book at burned out home to get sicarii pass word.

9. Back to khaldun find the circle with skull candles that light up, speak sicarii. pow!

I have no clue what to do with the two levers maybe I am too slow, But the above gets ya into the spider's room.

Sammie;
christy1221;
Someone erased what was supposed to be in the book and wrote bad stuff so they might want to change it so people can't erase the password. :D

lol we thought this at first as well, but you are looking at the wrong book. The book you are looking for is directly underneath that burned bookcase, somewhat concealed. Once you read it you will be allowed into the spider's room.

The spider isn't difficult, about the same as meph. We took her out with 2 greater drags and 1 healer. The problem is she sends spider webs out like meph and then retargets and chases that person and hits for 90+ damage. The best system we found was to have the two tamers put their pets on her and run off screen and invise while the 3rd player healed. Since the 3rd person wasn't attacking, she never sent a web for them and they kept the two dragons alive. Went really smoothly that way.

Watch out for the corners (like a 5 tile radius from it too) if you walk there it will spawn death spiders (similar to dread spiders) and drones. You will need to kill them at some point, for those white seed things, but it can get really hectic with all that extra spawn when Sicarii is up. Once Sicarii is dead, you get a green gourd looking thing and a spindle looking thing (sorry for vagueness, all titles are cliloc errors). To get the spider web you have to have that spindle and the 10 of the white seeds. Double click the spindle and it will change into a deed, which is the spider web.

The green gourd thing I'm assuming is some sort of poison sac that we have to use to destroy those pillars in all the cemeteries, but when we used them on the pillar we got cliloc messages and our "gourds" disappeared, so I would guess a certain number of people have to do the same before the pillar is destroyed.

All above I stole from Stratics. So far I have yet to kill the Lich, I can get one to spawn in the Yew GY by killing off the other spawn, some sort of Statue is builded and seems to summon the lich, it looks like a bone deamon, but is Black. As for the other spawn, a mage casting EVs or a prov does well, archer could do ok and tamers should do very well here.

Watch for the Lich however if you cast or shoot on it as it will teleport you right to it, and it hits hard, wearing a full 70 suit I barely escape from it.

more snaps I found on Stratics

People here killed it with three players, useing two greaters and a healer, the greaters were sic on it and the owners ran off screen and hid while the healer kept the greater healed, the spiders hits for like over a 100 with a web tossing attack, becareful not to run to far off as you can hit tiles that summon dreads into the chamber.

Now you have to do the quest from the begin to the end to get into the chamber and its only can be done once per charactor. Going to Khaldun will be a blast from the past as I have not been there in years, on TC the place is almost impossible to make it around alone unless you stealth and even then you get revealed many times and have to run to escape.

The reward for the quest is this spider web, all that work for something that most likely will be displayed in shard museums or during Halloween. Have fun when this hit, I will most likely try to get one, if I do I will donate it to the PAS museum. Maybe make this a PAS event for several of us to run down there all one one night, much like a gauntlet event.

When you come in the door the red dot in front of you is actually behind the wall and you can click on it. I also clicked on the one by the black dot.. I Clicked both and I'm not total sure what one gave me the card. I'm pretty sure it was the one behind the wall and not the one with the black dot. I would click both just to be safe. The one with the blue dot I had a Lot of problems with. I must of clicked on it 20 times and got nothing. Out of frustration I logged out for a few minuets and then came back in and started all over clicking the etchings. This time the one with the blue dot gave me the card.

Snakeman
Sammie
Figured out something at least......

Go into khaldun and go southwest to the ant hole looking thing and double click it. Say Sarcophagidae. He responds to keywords and tells you where to go next.

Ok, looked at, clicked at every "Ant Hole Thingy" in that darn SW area, (2 of us), What is it by (Picture would be a lil helpful) for we sure can't see it.

** Found it, it is more near the entrance or central part then SW area (least we think) here is a pic of it. Ty tho

Regine_EAMythic;

Honestly, even a mule can do the Halloween chain quest as long as you're a GM runner! The 2 boss monsters you have to fight, you only have to at least do some damage to receive the items you need from them. So even throwing 5 to 10 explo pots bought from an NPC should be sufficient. If your magery is too low (or if you have none), invisibility potions are your friend.

Getting the gossamer to complete the large web might be a bit harder, but you could just farm the really weak spiders that spawn from the cocoons alongside the walls and let everyone else focus on the boss.

Good luck!

To Soze,

Congrats on GMing Begging!

Sak
Last edited by Lord Drakelord on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:29 am

Stole from Stratics, http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=108411

Some pistures below of rewards you can get when this goes live.

Too many different posts threads on these quest threads, so I thought it's easier to consolidate what I have gathered about them so far from my tests and other posts.

Quest Giver
The NPC mage that starts you on this quest is near to where the original Magincia moongate is. The ghosts will still drop the threads even if you did not speak with the quest giver. So you can also get the threads first, then come back to get the quests.

He has 3 quests to give your avatar. The quests he gives are selected randomly, but once you have completed one, he will not offer you that same quest again. You can't tell what the quest actually says yet due to cliloc errors, but you can see how many and which threads that quest requires.

Once you have gathered enough, mark them as quest items and double click the NPC mage again. Works like the ML quests. Also, all the threads are dropped in your backpack directly, there's nothing to loot on the corpses at this point in time.

Also, Draconi has confirmed that the NPC will accept the Threads of Fate/Life from the previous Moonglow invasion event.

Quest A - 3 Threads of Life from Restless Souls
Invulnerable, unmoving.

Released by using Spirit Speak nearby.

Tactic - You don't need to be adjacent to the Restless soul, works even if you are several tiles away. So you can spam SS in between a couple of Restless souls. Takes about 3 - 5 attempts to free these. When freed, a pillar of light appears on their spot.

Approx 1 in 5 chance to drop Threads of Life.

Quest B - 5 Threads of Thought from Forsaken Souls
Constantly wanders the streets of Magincia. Yes, constantly. They don't ever stop moving and they run past very quickly.

Can be released by casting Exorcism nearby.

Tactic - Stand in the middle of one of the main roads, they like to run across those roads. When you see one coming towards you, cast excorcism. You should be able to nail it in exorcism's area of effect. When freed, a black gate will appear briefly on their spot. I tried running through the gate, but nothing happens. Probably just eye candy. Just takes 1 casting, which is good, because casting Exorcism requires 40 mana. Also, minimum skill to cast Exorcism is 80 Necro and 100 SS http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=8876

Approx 1 in 3 chance to drop Threads of Thought.

Quest C - 10 Threads of Fate from Corrupted Souls
Red, aggressive. Calls other Corrupted Souls nearby for help when attacking.
They tend to aggro players and not summons/pets. They are able to use magery spells like poison, flamestrike etc to attack, including using teleport to jump next to you. Some however, don't move and just cast spells. Possibly a bug. There's also a second more annoying bug - some cannot be damaged at all, by pets/summons, spells, archery or melee.

Released by killing them.

Tactic - At the moment, it seems that they don't give threads as often if you don't do melee damage. I have gotten none from using tamer w pets, mage with summons, mage with spells, archery. However, my wife did get 1 afteer about 40+ kills, and Christy got 1 by flamestriking. Be careful, because they really do call other Corrupted souls nearby for help and likes to gank players. Apprx 15 damage to an all 70's suit. They do 100% physical damage. Weakest resist is fire. Overseer's Sundered Blade rules with it's fire damage and whirlwind.

1 in 10 chance to drop Threads of Fate if using melee warrior. 1 in 40 chance if using other templates (including archers). If someone has better luck with their archers, please let me know. Thanks!

Pics for the reward rubble in the next post

Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby wild flower » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Sounds like fun to me but I'm wondering if someone would be willing to take me along on the weekend. I don't have a necro so will need help with those parts too.

Thanks in advanced
WF
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:40 pm

wild flower wrote:Sounds like fun to me but I'm wondering if someone would be willing to take me along on the weekend. I don't have a necro so will need help with those parts too.

Thanks in advanced
WF

My wife's PAS member is a neco warrior, so I will be guarding her as she gather those Threads of Life from Restless Souls & Threads of Thought from Forsaken Souls using her Neco skills. If she is to tired then I will be on it and hopefully will be able to grab as many of those thread above without dieing to many times to the Corrupted Souls who take great delight in attacking all players.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:44 pm

special thanks to Darkstar for locking items down on TC tonight

my stuff i got so far also on TC

Harlequin;

These are rubble rewards after the P56 client patch changes. Finally got all 12 types.

Characteristics:
1) All weigh between 10 to 15 stones
2) All are just called rubble
3) All cannot be turned using the interior decorator tool

From the Threads of Fate quest
Note that the tapestry faces the other way compared to the Magincia event rubble. Moongate granite seems lighter in colour than other moon gate granites.

Counter clock-wise from the left:
1) Moongate granite
2) Boulder
3) Empty flower pot
4) Tapestry

From the Threads of Life quest

1) Easel with canvass
2) Shelves
3) Pulley
4) Wall hanger

from the Threads of Thought thread

1) Barren tree
2) Docks post
3) Dishing stump
4) Pile of logs

Last edited by Lord Drakelord on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Irwin Hunter » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:40 pm

As for protecting her to get the threads of life, How can we meet up with you so we can help with the protecting her thing? Maybe share the wealth? I also do not have a necro :( We probably should be setting up to help one another, I am going to be around as much as I can. With holloween and kids, I may be on at add times :(
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Irwin Hunter wrote:As for protecting her to get the threads of life, How can we meet up with you so we can help with the protecting her thing? Maybe share the wealth? I also do not have a necro :( We probably should be setting up to help one another, I am going to be around as much as I can. With holloween and kids, I may be on at add times :(

Ya we can trade off on the threads as the Fate one you have to kill the Corrupted Souls, and it better to cast spells or them or kill with weapons. Something about the quest saying "by sword or spell get these threads -" when they ask for the ten from the Corrupted Souls makes me think tamers are not welcome.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Return to Major Announcements