Regarding the guild Koso ingame (*edited post by KD*)

Look here for major updates and announcements

Regarding the guild Koso ingame (*edited post by KD*)

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Below is the original post, and note the reply where I clarify things about KOSO on Feb 20, 2009.:

------------------------------

I am posting this on our public web site on purpose because I don't want any misconceptions about this.

A member of Koso has sent me numerous icqs complaining of 3 things:

1. At least one PAS called someone a "trammy" ingame, and this Koso player told me that was a racist remark. OMG how incredibly lame. Exactly what race does "trammy" defame? It doesnt folks, thats a ludicrous statement to make.

2. PAS members are "stealing their spawn" by coming to the Ilsh spawns at the end and helping finish those spawns. Heavens to mergatroid, how dare we not recognize the fact that their guild can claim a spawn! Why not the whole server then? This is incredibly selfish to think that any spawn 'belongs" to anyone. Now there are rare circumstances where ingame etiquette does call for something like this. If you are farming a monster that spawns in a particular area, one at a time, then tamers will normally not attack the spawn there, for a period of time. But people who claim to "own" things like champ spawns, where players can get unique item drops, are the most selfish people Ive ever seen ingame. I told him he needed to get over this, because this happens at ilsh CSs all the time with PAS, and we dont because people show up at the end to get better chances for stuff. Hell, come watch us work the Tokuno CS, u will find 3 guilds normally show up in the last 10 minutes, after we spent 30 min working it up.. thats part of the game.

3. He claims that PAS is using a hack/script or something to "know when the spawn is near the end". ROFL this guy doesnt get it. This reminds me of the time a PAS said someone "dissed" them ingame because they didnt reply to a comment they made. I went on to post 278 reasons that someone could not respond in UO to a comment. Theres no way this guy knows how or why folks show up at the end of spawns. Are those other guilds doing that when they show at tokuno at the end? Hell no. They are likely like us, they have a friend that tells them (or they scout it themselves). With all the PAS and alliance folks ingame, on ventrilo, in alliance chat, talking as we play, its remarkable that we DONT know when every single ilsh spawn is getting near completion. The fact is the people that like those ilsh CS will spend more time scouting, jumping between the spawns, etc, so DUH they are the ones we see there the most.

Anyways this guy sounded legit at first, but the more he talked, the more I realized this is a very selfish player that is just bitching because he didnt get EVERY cool item in the world. Sheesh.

So from here forward, even though our guild policy is to help all other players except ZOGs, and most recently COP due to their luring in tram rulesets like gauntlet, please add Koso to the list of guilds that you are no longer expected to help in any way.

As always, understand that they will likely not res our folks or help us, so dont get mad at them for it, just get a PAS or alliance member to help if u need it. And DO NOT lure stuff to them or in any other way try to ruin their day. No trash talking, we are treating Koso like any other griefer guild. We ignore them ingame (ask other PAS how to do this if u arent sure how to), and just have fun with the game.

Now if you happen upon one thats farming spawn in a non CS area for gold etc, like arctic ogre lords, etc, just leave them along, do not try to run them off or anything.

So keep playing nice, ignore them, and dont feel that u need to help them. Treat them like we do COP. If you have a friend in COP that needs a res in tram, u can still do that, unless they are harassing other players. Same here goes for Koso.

Their chars are no longer welcome at any PAS event. This includes the shard events that we do from time to time.

If you have any questions, icq me.

KD

------------------

remember, see the Feb 20 reply in this thread for updated information.

KD
Last edited by KDSonoma on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:16 pm

two last points.

1. if EA wanted groups to "claim" tram/ilsh/tokuno/ even fel champ spawns, they would have made them like peerless (instances of areas).

2. can u imagine how easy it would be for a handful of griefers to ruin hundreds of players games by sitting on the outskirts of those spawns 24/7, claiming to be working them, and reporting players that try to "take it from them"? My god what a crappy game that would be, UO would have folded years ago if that was allowed.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Irwin Hunter » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Heh, I never listen to these peeps anyways. I do not go to killing thier spawn if they are attacking it. Unless they try stealing mine or another guildies. Which I had happen once. The other guy ended up leaving cause my then guild friend and myself partied up and he could barely get one hit before we finished the spawn off. Back to the point, was I SUPPOSED to listen? Share, or get the heck out of the way, cause I am coming in. :twisted:
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 pm

My wife and I will leave a dungeon if we see another player killing the one lone Ice lord Orge, or the Titans/Orge Lords before asking to share kills if they were there before us, if we were there first many times another player would barge in and take the kills, when that happens we leave rather then have a show.

But at any of the CS we go to, specially Tokuno, [My wife love this one] We will plow our way thru to fight the spawn and Champ. Now if that has gotten anyone mad at our PAS Characters then I will turn off my guild tag, but as I have told my wife, this is a Champ Site Spawn and there is no claiming the spawning monsters for yourself. If they wish to fight such monsters one on one there are many places in the lands where such monsters spawn.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

more info

Postby lkatana » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:50 pm

I have been farming CS all over sonoma for scroles and more... this includes ilsh spawns... I seem to run into them alot at the valor spawn. My experance has been plesent They rezed me every time i needed it and we worked together at the spawn..

though i do agree we should be careful and play peacefuly around them. avoid them if you want to but this situatuion may fade out and we will be able to maintain a peacful relations with them...

Probaly not tell they understand that there is no cheat alowing for such tracking of CS and that the arival of us and other guilds is just dumb luck and is not acualy something sinister..

So to all that read this make this note and be mindful to others and your sourndings and let the elders know if anything comes up agin or esclates
lkatana
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Mile's Voice of Truth (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:00 pm

an update ... I spoke thru email with the person I believe is the true guild leader of KOSO the last few days, and apparently the person that icqd me was a totally different person. It seems that KOSO booted the person that icqd me ingame with all the weird stuff, like claiming to be the KOSO gm and that calling someone a "trammy" was racist (sheesh), and it appears they were also the person I saw later ingame harassing PAS members while I stealthed around trying to get a better feel for this.

So I am now suggesting that we treat KOSO like all other guilds, and help them when possible.

If something changes, I will add to this thread here, but otherwise KOSO folks are back on the good guys list for PAS *smiles*.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to Major Announcements