Just a reminder about EoP and zog sympathizers

Look here for major updates and announcements

Just a reminder about EoP and zog sympathizers

Postby KDSonoma » Sat May 30, 2009 8:00 am

I was asked the other day if we still can kill blue zogs.

History: or the last 7 yrs or so, zogs have guild killed players, scammed them, griefed people at ingame weddings, at EA shard events, etc etc (basically they are the guild of third graders on Sonoma).

Over those 7 years, I had hundreds of players come to me and tell me how zogs killed them, scammed them, etc.

Finally about 4 yrs ago I did something specific about it. Normally, PAS are not allowed to attack blues ingame (since we are the good guys, the Last Boy Scouts).

I created the Enemies of the People category, and added zogs to that category. PAS members are now encouraged to kill zogs anywhere ingame and at any time. We would prefer you did not go red doing it, but that's a personal call as we have a number of red chars in PAS that are there specifically to fight the pvp guilds in fel at CS etc.

Don't trash talk them when you do this, just kill them, loot them, and let them know this was justice being dispatched on behalf of former UO Sonoma players. Being third graders mentally, they will likely not understand, but don't drop to their level.

Do not ever help a zog ingame in any way. They have chosen their path and every patch has consequences.

On another note, we also recognize one person on another list, zogs sympathizers. Sir Scott, the self professed Mayor of Moonglow, was at several EA ingame events helping zogs, ressing them, being an ass when other non PAS asked him not to res them because of what they have done, etc.

His response to me was "since I never saw zogs hurt anyone ingame, then it didnt happen". Yeah he used the idiot card there.

(1) He doesnt get out of moonglow tram much.

(2) A lot of people never witnessed mass murderers killing hundreds of people, but they most certainly did those acts.

So, being another third grader mentally, I politely asked him to please not res thrax (zogs leader) at an EA ingame event. He mouthed off to me, ressed him again. I repeated that if he continued, there would be consequences from PAS. He mouthed off again, and I told him he was now considered a zog sympathizer. he laughed and ressed thrax again (thrax dies a LOT hehe).

So I posted on our forums that we would not help Sir Scott ingame in any way. After a week or so where PAS totally ignored him, didnt res him ingame, he icqd me begging to get off that list. I told him he had several chances to do that and mouthed off to me each time, and he would remain on that list as long as I played UO.

I have arrived at areas where PAS members were fighting champs or big critters where multiple players were needed to take them down, and if Sir Scott was there, we all recalled away.

This has pissed him off to no end, and today someone passed along a screenshot where Thrax said something like "have a great summer" on stratics, and the only reply was Sir Scott saying "right back at you".

So if u see Sir Scott, or any zogs ingame, do nothing to help them, and feel free to kill the zogs. At this point we arent encouraging the killing of Sir Scott, we just want PAS to ignore any requests for help that he may make ingame.

Don't lure stuff to kill him, dont trash talk him, just ignore what he says and do not ever help him in any way please.

I hope this clarifies the PAS stance on Enemies of the People and zog sympathizers.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby KDSonoma » Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 pm

I had forgotten to add this years ago to this post, so I need to update this now.

A long time ago, we had a dozen or so PAS split from PAS to form the guild SM. Most of these folks were good people, but a few were not.

One in particular had chars named Gilthanis/Tiny/Istarn/Amy (and may very well have others).

Due to things he did ingame to PAS and non PAS, he was placed on the Enemies of the People list by me, and I failed to make that prominent in these forums.

Until a future PAS gm overrides this, and any of them can, then this EoP status remains for this player. I have spoken about this with Chalnoth, our gm, and he has agreed to let me enforce this because his chars were added to PAS recently by someone that did not know of our past with this player. So I removed this players from PAS tonight and will be vigilant to see that his chars dont ever get added again.

one quick note, I have kept a great relationship with almost all of the folks that left us to form SM, and several have returned to PAS, with no restrictions whatsoever. So this isnt anything against the guild SM, its totally restricted to the actions of this player.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby KDSonoma » Sat May 14, 2011 11:13 pm

I did remember one name that I really should also add to this list, although I doubt this player will ever return. But Aramus, who was a PAS Elder, led the first split from PAS with others that formed the guild MoFo. Again, I was and remain friends with a majority of those folks, but Aramus, who later scammed MoFo after they formed, is one player that is also on the EoP list (Enemies of the People), and therefore not eligible for reinstatement to PAS without the approval of the current PAS, who has the right to overrule any EoP going forward.

Sorry, just wanted to make sure we got both these names out there.

We try to be inclusive in PAS, and I'm sure our other PAS gms have done what I have, which is give players second, third, sometimes fourth chances in PAS. But I will speak for myself, when I was a gm, I had to always weigh that against protecting the guild. And I ALWAYS placed that first.

Its nice to see all the additions to the game like protecting items that helped reduce the ability of other players to hurt a guild by joining them just to kill folks (guild killers).

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to Major Announcements