DECO CONTEST

Look here for major updates and announcements

DECO CONTEST

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:22 am

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Calling all Deco Queens (and Kings)! I have recently acquired a Castle and although the storage capacity is awesome, the curb appeal of this structure is horrendous as is the decorating difficulty. So bring on your best and most inventive. :idea: I am offering 6 million in gold to the top 3 decorators and other Prizes. I will supply, to the best of my ability, raw materials, crafted items, many unique and collectible items, many deeded items, plants, rubble and up to 4 heritage tokens (more upon approval of use) to the designer. When SA is released I will endeavor to obtain the items and skills needed to provide new carpeting (hope they work in castles) and stains. Come make this castle a Show Place of artistry and imagination.
The following rules will apply to this contest:
1. Contest is open to PAS Alliance Guided Members Only.
2. Contest will run from Sep 1st through the 21st.
3. Cash Prizes are: Grand Prize = 3 Mil, Runner-Up = 2 Mil, 2nd Runner-Up = 1Mil. Other Prizes await :D
4. Area/room selection is on a first come - first served basis, as rooms are selected within this string.
5. No multiple entries unless rooms are available after 7 September.
6. Areas/Rooms are as follows:
a. Crafter Corner (Tailor) SW lower corner room
b. Crafter Corner (Smith) SE lower corner room
c. Crafters Alley (Alchemy, Scribe, Carpenter, Tink) West Hall 1st Floor
d. Armory Hall (store and organize armor and weapons) East Hall 1st Floor
e. Garden Kitchen (West rampart 2nd floor)
f. Portcullis of Honor
g. Grand Dining Hall (Center room 2nd floor)
h. Audience and Reception Chamber (Center room 1st floor)
i. Small library
j. Small Boudior
7. There may be some items required by the owner to be displayed in some of the above rooms.

ICQ me at 295300 or catch me on Vent if you have any questions or want to view the property. Come challenge your friends to a Deco Duel to determine who Rocks Sonoma in housing renovations. Sign-up by adding to this string. Good Luck and Happy Decorating!
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:26 pm

b. Crafter Corner (Smith) SE lower corner room

I like to see about this part, but you have to be present for my deco tool tricks
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:43 am

NP Drake we can make this happen
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Ariel Joy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:55 pm

Congratulations on the New castle. I wouldn't mind helping but I have just agreed to a new project for Phinneas. Decoing a castle is very hard. Have you checked out Taries castle. Its not too far in front of yours, on the rock wall. It's owned by Braveheart, his swordsman and it's open to the public. You might find some ideas you can use there. Ariel Joy
Ariel Joy
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm

Oh man Ariel...But I'm offering CASH Prizes!!!!
I'm sure Phinn would understand if you just took a small project room :lol:
*big sigh*
There is probably going to be rooms to spare later anyway.
I am sure yuo going to to do wonders with my old plot.
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Postby Ariel Joy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Chal did you check out the castle? Did you see any particular room you liked. If Phin can wait a little longer, I could probably do a room for you. I deco in a different style than most people do, so check out the castle. I always like clean open spaces to work in. Hard to do in a castle, but not impossible. Ariel Joy
Ariel Joy
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm

I like a lot of what yu did there. I like the kitchen. You could do one for me just off the main room or you could do that room as a "Grand Dining Hall". What do you think?
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Postby Ariel Joy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:24 pm

I was in our castle checking out the west hallway{Is that where you want the Kitchen?} it would be very long and narrow. And it is too low for upper cabinets or tall pieces. A library or collection display would work well on these walkways.

In case you haven't guessed I dont like castles and keeps. They are mainly built like glorified hallways. By the time you leave a walkway through them, there is no place for deco. This is funny, I am getting a headache just thinking about trying to deco a castle agian. LOL

Lets try to get together sometime where we can talk for a few minutes.
Ariel Joy
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Problem I have is catching one of them during the day, evenings are not good as that is guild event time, character that doing this needs to be friend to lock items down, but to raise or lower with deco tool has to be co owner, something I not sure they wish to do so I need one of them there to raise and lower items for me. What I have to do is a lot of work and they have to be there to use the deco tool.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Ariel Joy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 pm

That's right Drakelord. I forgot. Anyone that is decoing has to be co-owned to house. Having someone standing there to raise and lower all the time will increase the decoing time considerably. It will be a pain in the neck to put it bluntly. I am not sure I can give it that much time. I have lots of rl things to do also. As well as lots of other game projects to work on. We need to talk a while with Chalnoth.
Ariel Joy
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 am

Ariel Joy wrote:That's right Drakelord. I forgot. Anyone that is decoing has to be co-owned to house. Having someone standing there to raise and lower all the time will increase the decoing time considerably. It will be a pain in the neck to put it bluntly. I am not sure I can give it that much time. I have lots of rl things to do also. As well as lots of other game projects to work on. We need to talk a while with Chalnoth.

Ariel I so agree, its going to be a major pain in the rear, specially with the countertops I need to do. They have to be just perfect with no table legs showing, that going to require 4-5 maybe 6 stone tables using goza squares, raising, lowing, chopping, etc..

Then the area down the hall I need to lay goza squares, raise them high enough and drop colored pentagrams then lower the outer edges to get the center broke away and then chop all that away leaving only the center and lower it.

Then I going to see about getting a long long long long table against one wall to displace the armor and such, again that going to require a lot of tables and work getting them to join as one table. And I cannot do this in the evening as that is family, guild etc.. And trying to catch someone during the day when I have time to work on it *sign* I'm not even friend to the place so cannot toss my supplies I been gathering.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Willing to help

Postby Azareth » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:56 am

Hi Chal,
I'm willing to help with the castle. I love to decorate, But as Drakes and Ariel have mentioned, the person decorating needs to be able to raise and lower stuff all the time thru the process. This requires co-owner status.. The thought of the contest is really great... but due to this factor, they would be very limited in what they can do. You may want to consider just paying the money to a person that you trust enough to co-own to the castle and let them decorate it for you. I would be happy to take on the job if you like. :) but ,, again you need to really trust whoever you have do it. If co-owning it out is not something you are comfortable with, you could just deco it piecmeal as you have time with the person - with you raising and lowering.. but since its a castle its going to take a loooooooooooooooong time doing it that way :shock:
Let me know what the decisions are :)
Azareth
Azareth
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Ciara » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 am

There are a couple things I can suggest that I have done in the past when I decorated for people. One is to put all the owner items in "owner only" chests for the duration of the stay of the outside decorator. Another would be to have folks just do one room at a time with something of a time limit--co-own someone to do a room that they chose, and have them do it for say two days......then remove them and move to the next person.

In any case, putting the owner items in owner only chests for the duration would work, unless you have to have another account of your own co owned during this process.

I would like to help, but I'm on my way to a wedding on the mainland and going to be gone until October.

Good luck in getting the castle decorated!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Ciara....take your laptop with you! :wink: Most of all, have a great time on the mainland!
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:55 pm

I finished the smith area, so be sure to drop in and take a look, remember its a hard hat area :) Read the message board at the door :)
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Next

Return to Major Announcements