Halloween fun on Origin

Look here for major updates and announcements

Halloween fun on Origin

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Yen Sid

Can someone that has done the Jared Quest please post a walkthrough. I have started it but I am completely lost lol. I went to the workshop cave place after putting the note together and looked at the journal and thats pretty much where I got stuck. I tried going to the Hag, she tells me to bring a sample of something or other, I read the book near her, looked for Moon Grass but didn't find any (don't know if thats part of the chain or not), looked in the Ice Dungeon, nothing, looked in Shame, nothing. I could really use a step by step guide and the thread in UOHall didn't really help me either lol.

Moon Grass can be found near and in the grave yards

-Jasper (Yew Court House)
Tell him you like to assist and then follow the clues he gives you to see Eliza.

-Eliza (Minoc Tinker)
Talk to her about the lab and her husband, you have to let know Jasper sent you.

-Tomas (Trinsic Tinker's Guild)
He needs to know you from Eliza.

-Alana (Minoc Gypsy Camp)
Gather the torn up note, once you have all 5 pieces, double click one to put it together, then you can read it. The note will get you pass the guardian of the Lab, some guy named "Tiny".

-Cave (Minoc Mining Camp)
Its hear you will fine the gray skull and use the pass word Loki I beleve to enter the lair of the Lab, Tiny will not allow you to enter till you show him the note. Be sure to read the book on the table for the clue to see the hag, and then double click the cauldon to get a bottle to gather the essence you will need.

-Hag (West of Britain, South of Yew)

you will fine a table and book at her house the table is needed when you have gather all she ask. Read the book then get moongrass at the graveyards and go kill stuff. I manage to get the four require crystal like things killing the orgers in Despise. [I forget what they were called and you cannot pass them to people as they quest items] when you have four double click one to get the morphing, double click it to transform yourself to a monster, in this mode you will see red sparkly, bump into them till your bottle is filled once filled return to the hag, use the table to complete the recipe and talk to the hag.

If you get a red crystal that your first costume, five more will get you another costume, five more, another.

The blue crystal are to heal the NPC, they are the ones above that we seek to get the fancy robe. From all I see that will be a long quest to complete, seems you need more then one blue to heal the NPC so gather all you can before looking for one of those, was no timer on them that I saw, so you should be ok.

The yellow crystal I seen at Stratics is to summon some sort of MOB that going to be a pain to kill and even then if you don't get enough damage on it you may not get the other robe they speak of.

Trick or Treat is also back.
Black_Sun

Loot thus far:

Regular Candy
Lollipops (cherry, orange and lime)
Nougat Swirls
Jelly Beans
Taffy
Wrapped candy

Semi Rares
Murky Milk
Mr. Plain's Cookies
Harvest Wine (does not stack)
Creepy Cake (will stack together)

Rare Items (Given to GM Beggars)
Skulls on a pike
Small Web (pointing E/W)
Grim Warning

Tricks
Groan and Blood Trail
Naughty Twin (turns you into maggots, steals candy or teleports you to a moongate)

Warning on the Moongate teleporting, all have been taken to Magincia so be quick to invis or recall. Just look at this as being a good way to kill off the scripters.

Another thread at Stratics. Pictures of the loot you can get in the dungeons. Black Cats, Tatter tap etc..

Also the Jack r lanterns are super sweet, spawning in two styles, happy face, and sacry face, can be found in all the fields, Fel and Tram. They are huge compared to the other normal named pumpkins. Can be turn on and off like lanterns.

If anyone does a transfer from Origin someday do let me know as I have 4 of these, a black cat and about 20 tokens from three years ago.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:12 am

ok I made a rune book on Sonoma of the locations above that I found on Origin, there is also a blue book with it that give information from this page on the event. All can be found in the box on the table at Drake's Island.

There is also a rune book with graveyards to get moon grass. Also there three runes to locations where the NPC for the blue crystal healing may be found, I have yet to do this part.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:50 pm

the first costume you get on the quest, any others require five more red crystals, so the quest can be taken over and over till you get the crystals you need.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Queen Mum » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:52 pm

thats awesome!!!!

Mahalo Drake :)
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Publish 62
All Shards
Chrissay Zeeman
25 Oct 2009 23:01:33 EST

All shards will be published at their local shard's maintenance period. This will have this years Halloween Content. Click on more to read the full story.
Halloween 2009
There will be no deaths this year! The Evil Twin is no more (may he rest in peace). But do watch out for his Naughty Twin.

Halloween Quest
This quest is repeatable. Have fun and make sure you start with visiting Jasper in Yew.

Trick or Treating
· Added 5 new candies

Beggar’s

· Added 2 new rares you can get from Trick or Treating

Three New Tricks for our Trick or Treaters

· Not much fun if we told you what they were, Happy Halloween!

Make sure you visit your local pumpkin patches! You just might find unique pumpkins grown by the Devs, GMs and EMs!

Bug Fixes

•Players will now be able to use the bridge in Ilshenar
•Players will no longer be able to tame the Plague Rats in the Cavern of the Discarded
•Murderers on Siege Perilous and Mugen can now use the crystal portal to teleport to different facets now
•Fixed the issue on Siege Perilous with the clothing exchange box, it will now give the player the correct adjusted item.
•Ghosts will no longer be able to bypass the color maze with sacrifice.
•Codex of Virtue will now be able to re-deed properly. Ones that are currently placed will not be able to re-deed properly.
•The quest giver for Medusa’s Blood has been removed.
•The quest “A Worthy Proposition” has been fixed, it will now accept both directions of bamboo flutes
•Fixed an issue with runebooks in the Enhanced Client, it will now function normally.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Queen Mum » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:47 am

Question about the halloween goodies for begging .... Can you beg from any npc and get them?

Thank ya :)

*answered by Drake in the pumpkin patch .. yes .. and thank ya :)
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:01 pm

http://www.uoguide.com/Halloween_2009_Quest

A complete break down of the quest
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:42 pm

Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

vid views

Postby Pure Chaos » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 pm

That vid has had almost 200k views !
Thats amazing. Maybe more people play UO than I thought...
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to Major Announcements