All Servers to be Published (Next Maintenance) posted 11/26

Talk about anything that's clean.

All Servers to be Published (Next Maintenance) posted 11/26

Postby Queen Mum » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:04 pm

From UO Herald

All Servers to be Published
Jeremy Dalberg
26 Nov 2007 17:29:57 EST

All servers will be published with the following during their next available maintenance:

Added the Salvage Bag:
    The Salvage Bag is the core of the enhanced recycling system. Players store items in the bag like any other container, but when a recycle command occurs, they target the bag to handle all the items at once.

Layout:

a blue leather bag labeled "A Salvage Bag"

Available on Provisioners for a nominal (~1000gp) fee

Details:

Use the context menu on the bag to select "Salvage Ingots", "Salvage Cloth", or "Salvage All"

All items of the appropriate type in the bag (metal for smelting, cloth for scissoring) are recycled into their resources

The player gets a message containing number of items successfully recycled
Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:

Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:

Each player character participating against a gauntlet boss or the Dark Father will accumulate artifact reward points.

The more artifact reward points a player character accumulates, the more likely an artifact will spawn in his/her backpack.

Player characters who score higher on the Top Attacker list will earn more points. However, everyone in the Top Attackers list that stays the entire duration of the combat (even if slain) will still earn points.
Moved the New Haven moongate closer to town

Fixed bug that caused 2d chat name selection window to pop up when logging in/crossing server lines

Fixed bug that caused karma loss before selecting a target when begging

Begging will now reduce your karma less if you fail

Resist Spells will now allow you to reduce some damage from Blood Oath ((resist spellsx10)/20 + 10=percentage of damage resisted)

NPCs should cast Blood Oath less often
The KR client should perform more smoothly in high-latency situations
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:55 pm

I am excited about the doom changes. That will really allow all folks a chance to get an arti over time. Sometimes the healing/ressing mages on the outside are not rewarded well for defense, so it is a nicer balance!

Is this the same type of methods they did for treasures of tokuno etc?
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Tracy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:19 pm

Yes, and the same as the anti-virtue rewards.

however, doom gauntlet will be a much lower reward yield (meaning more monsters required to raise your percent chance an equal amount).

Oh, and as for the % of damage reduction applied for resisting spells when blood oathed:

120 resist means you get 30% of your damage reflected back at you (so doing 250 damage to a dark father with a double slayer bow and enemy of one and consecrate means you take 75 damage if you hit him when you're blood oathed, provided you have 120 resist).

What this also means is if you have a WOD-spamming spellweaver, and you do 400 damage, you get 120 damage reflected back at you. More if you deal higher damage. So it still doesn't exactly preclude you from dying to a blood oath...but it makes it possible to survive.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:47 pm

I like the change to Doom, never got an arty there, tamers seems to get the short straw there.

As for the BOS change, I don't like that and wish they go back to way it was before. With this recent change in BOS I quit carring it, and will gate to the bank to drop gold, as for other items like leather and bones, guess we quit farming to sell and only farm when we need it.

This is going to hurt guild events like the Tokuno CS, people will not have BOS on them so we cannot bank the gold since recalling and gating from there is not allowed, also those doing the fel CS will be hurt as well, farming gold during such events will just be more weight as they will not be able to send the gold to the bank and the first time they are weaken by a spell will bring them nothing but grief. If they there to get scolls then they leave the gold to just get the scolls out.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby DevilSpawn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:06 pm

PAS members are farming gold at fel champ spawns? No wonder it takes us so long to do them. None of the pvp guilds loot their kills when they spawn... Ok I do loot rat archers for arrows... lol
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:13 pm

I think he was talking about grabbing the over 200k that drops when the champ drops.

And at 10 stones per charge, one charge of a bag of sending will only send 500 gold.

So a stack of 10k gold would take 20 charges. Ouch. Add to that the fact that powder for the bags is MUCH more difficult to obtain, if I read that right. The quest gives 4 or 5 powder instead of 100 now?
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:15 pm

DevilSpawn wrote:PAS members are farming gold at fel champ spawns? No wonder it takes us so long to do them. None of the pvp guilds loot their kills when they spawn... Ok I do loot rat archers for arrows... lol

oh well little I know about that, last time I did a Fel CS was with OTE, this was the time that when you died you were kicked to a city with all your stuff and could not return for 20 minutes, I happen to love that and when they quit doing that I quit going to fel CS, daughter been out with GTH before she left game, as for the tokuno one I would use the BOS to send gold to bank when the champ fell.

Someone was spamming for help today for a fel CS, I was the only person to answer that I don't do fel CS.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:01 pm

Lord Drakelord wrote:I don't do fel CS.

You're missing out!
heh.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Return to General Discussion