Dark Wisps Paragon squared

Talk about anything that's clean.

Dark Wisps Paragon squared

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:21 am

Ok, i was delighted to find Dark Wisps again. I had thought they were only a temporary during the Dark wisp invasion. So when I came across my once favorite cash cow, I jumped right back into killing them. After all, for 2-3 hits to kill them and 1500-1700 gold, not a bad haul for some one not playing a tamer.

Ok, so I get the same Paragon chests that got during the invasion from Dark Wisps not marked as Paragon. And they were always just as easy as the others, so as I pick my spot and farm a couple of these Dark Wisps, suddenly one appears that DOES say Paragon. Not thinking anything of it, after all I have collected hundreds of Dark Wisp Paragon chests, and 5 minutes into my normal 30 second fight, i realize this ain't the same. Luckily it was at a staircase so I could just run up when i got in trouple (which happend ALOT) and I swear the thing got smarter, as everytime i was about to finish it off it cast a revenant on me and I had to run off to deal with it. So all in all 20 minutes, 2 deaths ( and the LONG walk back to the shrine) and finally it was time to loot, and wouldn't you know it, no chest! Since the 'paragon' chests i get off the normal wisps contain lvl 5 maps, I was hoping to find out if it would be a higher map or not. I have to get my magic resists higher than 56 before I try that again though. If I didn't have to retreat so much to deal with the poison and revenants it would have been a much quicker fight.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Tracy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:04 am

And where is this location?
Just wondering, I'd like to try it out myself.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:34 am

Ya I led an event there a couple months ago and I think we made 200-300k an hour there with a small group, not to mention all the chests. Always thought we should add that place as a calendar event spot. I also heard they beefed up abit with the few patches.

By far the biggest unknown cashcow ingame. Only problem with that is the changes to bag of sending, and since its Ilsh, you have to adjust accordingly.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:22 am

And where is this location?
Just wondering, I'd like to try it out myself.

Wisp Dungeon - Level 2

Mainly only things I have seen there are evil mage, evil mage lord and the dark wisps, so everything outside a paragon can be dealt with in 2-3 hits.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:57 am

Well, I went back and ran into another labeled paragon dark wisp and my new paladin just couldn't finish the job this time. I even brought orange petals this time, but I must be a magnet for paragons as when i cleared the spawn of evil mages, paragon versions replaced them.

So, i admitted defeat and went and got my tamer, who sicked his cu on pesky paragons. This time, the labeled paragon wisp dropped a chest, and so answered my question. There was no difference between the beefed up labeled paragon chest and the chest dropped from a non-labeled.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion