New PAS member in car accident

Talk about anything that's clean.

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:22 pm

Ive had a lot of folks ask about flowers etc ... and tonight I spoke with Soshana, she lives near Silverhawk, and said she would go to the funeral and represent PAS, which I thought was an incredible thing for her to do.

As soon as Red finds out when that is and where, etc, then we will work with Soshana and she said she would be happy to get flowers, and have PAS members volunteer to reimburse her thru paypal (another incredible offer).

As for tonight's event, I cant be there, but I would hope whoever has time to lead the event can ask everyone for a moment of silence before the 9pm cdt treasure hunts in remembrance of Silverhawk.

I thought I would be able to be there, but I cant, Ive sat here the last 30 minutes trying to get back ingame to do something, and I just cant do it.

I need tonight off UO.

No one except a very few PAS that I told today know what happened to me at Silverhawks age. So here goes ... I was 15 yrs old, and one of my best friends offered to drive myself and 2 friends home from a party. The older friend had a license and all, and wasnt drunk, it wasnt a drinking party, but I knew he was a wreckless driver from his bragging about it.

My parents had talked to me about 3 months earlier, and I remember my dad saying "dont get into a car with a driver thats impaired or wreckless". He went on to tell me that no matter where I was, what time it was, I should call him for a ride instead.

So I made an excuse that my mom was coming later to get me after shopping, and they drove off. I walked the neighborhood, too embarassed to go back to the party house and ask to use the phone ... and luckily the first neighbor let me use his phone, and my dad came and got me, no questions asked, as he promised.

The next day at school we got word that all 3 of my friends were killed in a car wreck on the way home, and that hit me real hard. I started thinking to myself that I should have stopped those other 2 friends from going in that car, and for about 6 months I felt just awful guilt that I let my friends die.

Through a lot of discussions with a lot of people, I realized that I couldnt control what happened that night, and I needed to focus on the fact that I had a second chance at life that they didnt have.

So today when I heard she was in that wreck, I got all the guilt and the memories rushing thru my head, and to make it rougher, I thought about what if this were Katie (my 15 yr old daughter).

When Red passed word that Silverhawk had passed away, that really hit hard again, as it has others in PAS.

To add one more dimension to this, those of u who have been PAS Elders for a long time know that I call all the kids in PAS "My PAS kids" ... I have always tried to protect them from things ingame, in vent, in alliance chat, etc ... I see each of them as my kid, and they all hold a special place in my heart.

To lose one today just topped it all off for me.

But ... being the eternal optimist that I am, I am trying to stay focused on some things .....

1. Instead of being PAR last night, I trusted Red's judgement and put Silverhawk straight into PAS. She was a full blooded PAS when this happened, and I think she really loved being with us last night. I'm glad she was in PAS when this happened.

2. Silverhawk had a huge family added to her last night ... PAS ... and with so many awesome people in this guild to call family, I feel very good about the fact that she got the chance to come along with us ingame last night and had fun.

I'm taking tonights event off and staying in RL, I know u all understand .... and Ill be back on tomorrow, and every day thereafter that I can.

Sorry if I bring anyone down about this, because u know how upbeat I normally am. But I wanted u guys to know why I am gonna go hug my kids, watch some tv with them, and remind them a hundred times about a hundred things they should never do *smiles*.

Cya all tomorrow!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Taylanna » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:40 pm

SilverHawk called me before the event happened, and she did say she had so much fun last night with everyone!!

I am glad she was very happy before she passed, she really asked me if KD had a phone number, and asked me if she could have it, to tell him she was so happy to join PAS.

I am sorry KD about your passed events, but it makes the person today, of who you are, She's in a better place now, that I know, and she will hopefully always watch over everyone with love in her heart. Thank you all for being so thoughtful at a time like this.

*hugs everyone*
Taylanna
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby The Havoc » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:37 pm

Very sorry to hear about your loss, my prayers and condolences go with you and her family
An army of lions led by a sheep, is easily defeated by an army of sheep led by a lion.
The Havoc
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Postby Darkstar » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:53 pm

:( I'm so sorry to hear about SilverHawk. My prayers and thoughts are with the family & friends
Darkstar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:20 am

wow, Red, thanks for that information, that makes me feel good to know those things.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

OUR BELOVED SILVER HAWK

Postby Soshana » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:41 pm

Ciara wrote:My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
I am so sorry to hear about Silver Hawk we will all be praying and we will miss her bad. Red you also are in our prayers we are a family not just guild members *Angels are holding Silver Hawk closely now take comfort in that. Love Soshana
Soshana
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby wild flower » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:11 pm

I'm horrible at this stuff but I want you all to know that I'm thinking of you all and wishing you all my very best and this is for the family as well.

*HUGS EVERYONE*
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Irwin Hunter » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:21 pm

I will put out a prayer Request to CoC, on Lake Austin, for a prayer request for her and her family.

This is absolutely sad news. I know nothing can really be said to comfort this sort of pain.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Mystique » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:39 pm

I just learned about SilverHawk last evening. My prayers are with her friends and family.

Loosing someone is very hard as a friend or relative. All will miss her. She is in Gods loving hands now and in a wonderful place.

*Hugs & Smiles* too everyone
*Hugs & Smiles*

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow a Mystery; Today a Gift
Mystique
In Memory
In Memory

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:13 am

tonight I renamed my leather vendor at the PAS Luna shop (that I have a hard time keeping filled anyways) to "Silverhawk" ... shop name "Silverhawk" ...

and I put one book on the vendor, not for sale, named "In memory of our guildmate forever 12.21.2007".

Thats my little way of keeping her name amongst us. I notice it as the last vendor on the row every time I run by there now. She was only PAS for one day, but everyone knows once someone is PAS, they are part of our family forever.

We will also name a medal in Silverhawk's name ... I will recommend it be limited to newer PAS ... Guildsman thru Knight perhaps, to honor young PAS that make a special contribution to PAS. I will ask the Elders next week to formally add this to our list of medals.

Thanks you all for making PAS the most incredible family/guild in the world of online gaming. *bows*

PAS ROCKS SONOMA!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:20 am

do we have an address for flowers yet?
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Taylanna » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:58 am

I've talked to friends up in New York where Silver was from, the funeral arrangements are a little hard to get together due to the holiday seasons

I will try to get more information on that after January 1st
Taylanna
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Previous

Return to General Discussion