USA Memorial Day ... Never Forget - Forever Honor...

Talk about anything that's clean.

USA Memorial Day ... Never Forget - Forever Honor...

Postby Queen Mum » Mon May 25, 2009 8:32 am

Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon May 25, 2009 8:40 am

Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Tracy » Mon May 25, 2009 9:11 am

Memorial day was initially established by President Johnson in May 1966 to honor all those soldiers and their families who never came home, regardless of the conflict in question.

Use this day to keep in mind the families of all the soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen and coast guardsmen who never came home...be it from France, Italy, Germany, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Kosovo, Bosnia, Grenada, Panama, Somalia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, or wherever they may have been put in harm's way.

And remember in anger the way the vets were treated upon their return home during the Vietnam war...

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

In Memoriam for the four soldiers on my mind at the moment, and their families.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Fri May 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Malachai.........you made me remember how they told us not to wear our uniforms when we came back from Nam.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Tracy » Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Bad feelings weren't the intent, but remembrance was.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Sat May 30, 2009 12:40 am

Oh, I know and I appreciate your sentiment. Memorial Day is just a day off to too many people. It is good to be reminded of what we have chosen to forget. Too many people are in a rush to forget that which we need to remember.

I didn't realize just how many wars we have been in during my lifetime. Seeing them in black-and-white certainly has a waking effect. :(
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Return to General Discussion