ICQ/Trillian Help?

Talk about anything that's clean.

ICQ/Trillian Help?

Postby Taylanna » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Hey!! I need help, like usual :]
I've been gone for a long week to the beach... (What fun that was!) Any-who.... I tried to log onto ICQ today (338081862) and it didn't work, I knew I had my password correct cause I logged on it at the beach at least once, I'm trying to change my password, and I ask for the little "Changed password code" And i try to use it as my password and it won't let me sign in on Trillian.... I've read the only way you can switch your ICQ password is through ICQ. I'm just wondering if that's true or not. I even tried to make a new ICQ number, and the trillian didn't connect to that either. I rebooted my computer, authorized everything i could authorize and still nothing :\ I have an AIM i can use if anyone with icq needs to contact me, it's RedUOSonoma.

Thanks!
Taylanna
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Queen Mum » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:20 am

oh yes we had the same problem earlier this week .... but yay there is a fix :)

in this link on Trillian forums ... CLICK HERE there is a link for the fix ... aim.dll ... :)

Please try the attached patch and let me know the results. You should overwrite old aim.dll with this file.

- Scott
Attached FilesImageaim-patch.zip (414.5 KB, 12073 views)

all we had to do is replace the downloaded & opened aim.dll zip file with the aim.dll file/s found in our trillian program ....
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:15 am

dang too slow. I also found that new aim.dll file on the icq forums, and it fixed my error 127 right away too.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Taylanna » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:14 am

okay Thank you :]
Taylanna
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Maldar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am

Okay......I'll bite............what is Trillian?
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Brianna » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 am

trillian is a godlike program that allows you to have your icq, aim, yahoo, and msn messenger programs all running at once without having them each running their own program

really cool i recommend it to everyone who using multiple messenger programs

love bri
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Queen Mum » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:47 pm

been using it for at least 7 years .... rarely gives me problems ... its the independent IM's that seem to cause the problem (when they upgrade or do something silly) and Trillian catches up to them ... like uoassist would do with uo client :)

Link to their site ...
http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:10 pm

I also highly recommend using trillian instead of icq. not only can it also add the other messaging systems inside trillian, but its far more stable than icq ever was.

I used to crash icq every 6 months. I had over 6,000 people on icq in the old days and I had to delete 200 every weekend just to try to keep pace with all the new adds. And every 6 months or so I blew icq out and had to start again.

I've used trillian for about 8 yrs now and I havent crashed it once (although I only have about 800 people on icq/trillian now). I do back it up on memory sticks every month or so just in case I ever need to reinstall it.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks for the info everyone and I appreciate the link, Queen Mum.

As for ICQ crashing........6,000 people on your ICQ, KD?! Wow! I think I know who was crashing ICQ all this time. LOL
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:09 pm

oh believe me I would have had over 12k if I didnt delete those bunches every weekend.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to General Discussion