So what type of armor....

Talk about anything that's clean.

So what type of armor....

Postby Farimir » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:49 pm

So after a few weeks I have got my skills up to where I can start doing stuff in game, but I need some armor. So what is the best type of armor for a mage? I am guessing leather, but i have seen so much extra stuff on the armor i don't know where to start.

oh yea, and how much should I expect to spend (keep in mind I only have about 10K to spend) and where is a good vendor to buy it from?
Farimir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Ill let the others chime in on best armor. As for vendors, best way to find things is searchuo.com

the guys there walk around scripting and capturing every item on every vendor in luna. So you search for items by giving minimums etc or key words and it shows u every one on a vendor in luna. So choose sonoma, then for example type museum and enter, and it will show u any item that u can get from a museum thats for sale, and the price, location (vendor name and description), and a map.

It rocks for finding things.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 pm

As of yet, all of the search sites have been unable to update due to the release of SA.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Re: So what type of armor....

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:46 am

Farimir wrote:So after a few weeks I have got my skills up to where I can start doing stuff in game, but I need some armor. So what is the best type of armor for a mage? I am guessing leather, but i have seen so much extra stuff on the armor i don't know where to start.

oh yea, and how much should I expect to spend (keep in mind I only have about 10K to spend) and where is a good vendor to buy it from?

Hey any mage needs a decent LRC suit. Best places to shop is outside Luna, the smaller shop owner out in the sticks. But if you need help with getting that suit let me know I pull out the tailor and whip up something for you.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Farimir » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:58 pm

If you could that would be great. I will download ICQ and send you a message. Thanks
Farimir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Farimir wrote:If you could that would be great. I will download ICQ and send you a message. Thanks

did not see this till now let me know when we can meet
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby CannabisKing » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:44 am

1st off, for your Mage (best case), You will need 100% lrc (lower regent cost), 35-45 lmc (lower mana cost) And because Sonoma is heavy on the dexxer's, I always ran Max dci (defence chance increase).

You pvp anytime, you can bet your a$$ your gonna wish ya had it, But pvm, it is ok but not really something ya need to gun for.
Yeah you should have the quiver, and crimmy and that Alchy tailsman when ya use a sc mage wep (spell channel).
When looking for a sc mage wep. Ya need it to be as close to this as ya can find or afford. Exp= 1 handed, SC with no neg(-1 casting) Mage wep -20 magery. See the alchy taily give you +5 magery.
Now any extra spec's on the wep is good as gold but now your talking big time gold.

I dont care wut anyone say's (PAS, COP, SCAM, etc...) The hardest part of any good suit is putting the right jewelery together to fix wut "holes" ya may have on the suit.
Now if I can recall right, and mind you, Im now on some really messed up heavy med's cuz of my condtion. But on my necro mage Her suit was something like this. Exp= AoF(armor of fortune), Orny, Crystalline ring, Inquisiters resolution, and (headgear) folded steel glasses. Now you need to find the best gorget , arms ,and leggings to cover the resist's and help out with the lmc, etc... But that suit costed me very close to the 80 mil mark!

To cut your cost's and I mean cut them alot, PAS does doom alot and in doom you can get 2 of them from there (AoF, Orny) save ya anywheres in the game of 20 to 25 mil! if not more!

But lets start out with just getting you a 100% lrc with any good amount of lmc. And after ya farm gold and get your chances in doom you'll see that your suit will come around rather fast.
Good Luck and Im sure to cya'll in game soon, I hope too @least.
Magik Wit
CannabisKing
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Atta Kquast » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:15 am

Follow Magik's advice. Might evolve with imbuing a bit, but still all relevant.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby CannabisKing » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:24 pm

One more thing for ya to crew on is this. Get with Atta on the real numbers on your Defence and Offensive Capability. In the end of it all, play whats your style and learn your teammates moves and limits.
CannabisKing
Merchant
Merchant

Return to General Discussion