We can't come back till the water comes down,
Five feet high and risin'

Well, it's five feet high and risin'

Be careful Lav!
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Ciara » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:33 am

I love that song! Thank you, Drakelord!

Now the river's normal height here is measured at 3 feet. At 5 feet high and rising we get worried. At six feet we better start packing, at 7 feet the roads are closed.......The river gauge broke when the river reached 14 feet at which point the river was at my back door --but receded some with the tide. The water is still swirling around my house. We've packed up everything onto tables on the first floor. High tide tonight will be in an hour--the storm is still raging, but starting to slow down.

It rained almost 19 inches here where I live in the last 24 hours.....not seen anything like this since Hurricane Iniki! So far we are holding up, but neighbors are under water and some being evacuated. I hope the storm doesn't swing back on us again tomorrow.....or I will be leaving in a canoe!

Thanks so much for the good wishes, Drakelord.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:19 am

Use your runebook and recall out FAST!
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby wild flower » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:30 am

Just checked the board here and found this message. Are you ok Ciara? Anyone heard from her?

My best wishes for you hun and I will thinking of you.
Love you
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:44 pm

I PMed her yesterday and haven't heard back yet.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Last I heard was an icq with a link to the local news paper concerning the flooding in her area.

Link she sent me
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Ciara » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi folks.

Its been a scary weekend. The water got up to 1/2 inch from coming in the door, swirled there for a while, receded a bit....the power went out. In the night the storm continued, but thank goodness it let up enough that the river didn't go any higher. My house is built on a four foot berm......and that is what saved it. My neighbors all around me had water and mud in their first floor. Over the next day the river slowly went down, but there were landslides closing the roads.

The storm caused electrical outages, and the water pipes to this area broke, so we were without water. That made cleanup of the mud and all kinda hard. We now have water back, but its contaminated with bacteria, so we have an emergency water truck dispensing drinking water. Folks here are good at surviving floods and hurricanes, so most folks are in good spirits. Several homes were badly damaged from mud and contaminated water, and those folks are having to stay with friends until they can get things cleaned up and dried out.

I feel very fortunate. I had a friend help me pile all my belongings up on tables and move everything to the 2nd floor that might get ruined, so just trying to put things back together. We had rivers on both sides of town fill up so high the town was pretty much under water.......photos taken from the road above Hanalei show it as a lake.

So, I'm ok, just somewhat worn out. I am very thankful that the river didn't go through my house, which it did about 14 years ago--what a mess that was.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. See you soon!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Lav's high water from storm

Postby Mystique » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:22 pm

I am so glad you made it thru like you did. I hadn't been on and got Drakelords memo. By time I read articles and saw pictures, You had posted. So glad you were being looked after by the man upstairs, as I knew he would. Also glad you had help taking things to 2nd floor. :D

Talk to you soon. God Bless and give you strength thru this. :)
*Hugs & Smiles*

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow a Mystery; Today a Gift
Mystique
In Memory
In Memory

Postby wild flower » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:34 am

I'm so happy all is ok with you Ciara. I was real worried and glad I read your post before I looked at the link Drakelord posted. I would have been flipping out.

Love you my friend
WF
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to General Discussion