Can't update or get in game

Talk about anything that's clean.

Can't update or get in game

Postby Maldar » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:35 pm

After a patch a week or two ago, I have been getting two error messages. The first one says "Data Stream Error" and I get it right after I enter my password. The second error messages says "Server Name Mismatch" when I try to enter the Sonoma shard. But, clicking through all that, I could still play.

Now, there is another patch and, even though it downloads okay, it just gives me an error message that there has been an error applying the update and I am no longer able to connect to the game.

Please help.......I feel the beginnings of withdrawal cramping.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Client you in? 2d or SA?
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Ciara » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:14 pm

That's terrible news, Maldar! I hope you get it fixed quick! We miss you!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:22 pm

seems I remember someone recommending deleting a file in a patch directory that would trigger the patch to then work again in many cases.

Was it Damien? Jr? Ash? I forget who mentioned it.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm

this might not help but found this thread ..

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=161828

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby tiger » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 pm

go to your uo file, scroll down till you come to uo patch ( probably near the bottom) double click that and with any lucky your patch should get installed.good luck.
tiger
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:57 pm

I had this problem a long time ago...try going into the UO directory

something like c:\program files\ea\uo

find the folder named patch or patches...the folder not an individual file...delte this folder or better yet move it completely out of the game folder so if it doesnt work you can put it back...then try opening game again and allow to patch...that is what fixed it for me
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Tracy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 pm

I second what damien says, I've used that method in the past.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks for all the advice, everyone, but nothing has worked. I am going to have to redownload and repatch the entire thing, it appears. I have forgotten already.........how do I do that?
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Ciara » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm not sure this is best thing to do, but I have several times uninstalled my game, and then reinstalled the whole thing. If you know how to save your macros (which I don't) that helps.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Maldar wrote:Thanks for all the advice, everyone, but nothing has worked. I am going to have to redownload and repatch the entire thing, it appears. I have forgotten already.........how do I do that?

If you don't have a CD then you have to go to UO.Com and download the client you wish to use.

http://www.uoherald.com/downloads/

The Classic is 2d
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Maldar » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Hmmm....I don't remember if I had a CD or not.... Thanks for the link, DL, I appreciate everyone's help!

In the absence of UO, I decided to start a Facebook page and found a game named Mafia Wars that I am now addicted to, as well Even though it isn't much more than the original text-based games of years gone by, it's fun.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Ciara » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:30 pm

We miss you. I hope you can get it figured out!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Maldar » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Thanks, everyone. I just began the download.....wish me luck.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Ciara » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Good luck! *crosses fingers*
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Return to General Discussion