Another Billing Scam

Talk about anything that's clean.

Another Billing Scam

Postby Maldar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 pm

A couple of us received a scam email around a month ago that is a lot like this one. Only the company names have changed in this one I just did receive tonight:

Greetings!

lease use the form below to confirm your account information, including your e-mail address and your and Secret Question Answer. Once the fields have been completed, press the "Update" button below.

*Note: Please ensure that your e-mail and Server:is currently accessible submit this form, as future regarding this account Trial mounts will be sent to the you account.

(http://www.batt1e-account.c0m)

If you are unable to successfully verify your password .
using the automated system, please contact Billing & Account Services at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499) Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm Pacific Time or at billing@blizzard.com. Account security is solely the responsibility of the account holder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team Blizzard Entertainment

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS.

Edited so link does not work...Damien
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby eekamouse » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Ya, I know four other people who have had their WoW accounts hacked in the last month. Five if you include me.

The funny thing is, my account and a friend of mine's were hacked when our accounts were cancelled. Figure that one out, lol.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Maldar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Man, I think I would quit playing if someone hacked and stripped my accounts.
Last edited by Maldar on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Julion » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm with Maldar on this one.
They changed our account names to our e-mail address,
Ur forced to use their gizzmo(some kind of random number genrator. Like what ur issued for a corporate remote access.)

If my wife did not love Wow i would of been back along time ago.

Atleast EA does not throw their ppl to the wolfs if they don't upgrade.
Julion
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 2
LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Email Scare

Postby Kellan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:04 am

I got that exact email. Interesting point though is that I received it on an email address I use exclusively for Stratics.

I post on Stratics rarely and I check the email address for it rarely. After the problems there recently I decided to do a check and found that email.

I forwarded it to WOW address for "bad" emails. I opened and checked the header before I did. Was certainly suspicious and NOT from WOW.

PS: This is why it's a good idea to have separate email addys for certain things.
Kellan
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Cerberus C » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:49 pm

I got it as well. Interestingly enough it had gone to my Spam folder, which I only occassionally check before I dump the whole thing in the trash. Kinda made me laugh, as I don't play WoW. My only access to Blizzard is Diablo which I like to play when I'm bored & have never used the Battlenet for anything other than updating the game. So I deleted it as soon as I looked at it. Hopefully no one has been caught by this.
Cerberus C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby eekamouse » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Well I got my account back, with a free month (courtesy of a Chinese credit card no less).

Still waiting on a GM to restore my items and gold. I guess that takes anywhere from 1-8 days, lol.
eekamouse
Merchant
Merchant

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 am

good deal :)

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to General Discussion