Todays events

Talk about anything that's clean.

Todays events

Postby aibandit » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:11 am

Will our event still be running at the same time as the EM event? I'd really like to go to both.
Hope is not a strategy.
Rest In Peace SSgt. Christopher Rudzinski

Chars: Engel des todes, MaDeuce (Pronounced (mä doos), Bandit, Infidel inc, Slayer
aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:17 am

normally we go ahead with both, because we have some folks that like to do the EM events, and others that dont like to do EM events. Ill let Tarie or other Elders decide whether we do both, but in the past this is what we have done.

The old school history is that for many many years we tried to go to EM events as a guild and so many PAS got pissed because the EM event ran late, or ended up being 45 min of nothing, or 20 min of running around to be spawned to death by 50 gazillion balrons or 500 red players, etc. Lately though the EM events seemed to be much more efficient (on time, etc.).

Just a little history on this.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby aibandit » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:38 am

Ahh ok that makes sense. I can understand that. Some of the events have been pretty bad like you said nothing but an hour of talking. Though the corrupted wald ones have been pretty good.

Oh and thanks for letting me know why it is that way. :)
Hope is not a strategy.
Rest In Peace SSgt. Christopher Rudzinski

Chars: Engel des todes, MaDeuce (Pronounced (mä doos), Bandit, Infidel inc, Slayer
aibandit
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Onocep » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:32 pm

Thank you all for the invite to the events today. First one I had been too and I learned quit a bit. One of the things I noticed is when I am alone I ussually manually target the mob I am fighting. In a group setting it appears that is nearly impossiable for me to do. So I need to work that out before I actually join in the fighting with a group. I am sure I will work that out.
Onocep
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:07 am

are u using the enhanced client or the 2d client? Others may be able to give you tips on the 2d client if u use that. But on the enhanced client, hit escape, then user settings, then input. The first two items are options for your mouse's scroll bar (assuming it has one). If so, set one to target next friendly, another to target next enemy. Then whenever u are in a group, u can scroll through the enemy or friendly targets by using the mouse scroll button. Works GREAT for places when we have 10 dragons jumping stuff, where its normally hard to drag the monsters cursor with the dragons everywhere.

If you play the enhanced client, and have a mouse without a scroll bar, you can set up a macro to target next enemy and next friendly and just hit that key till u find the target u want.

I can help u with any macros etc in the enhanced client, and I bet other PAS Elders will be glad to help u with the 2d side of it.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Onocep » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:28 am

ty, I am using the enhanced client and will give it a try. :D
Onocep
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:31 pm

cool, and if u need any help setting up an insta-dress macro or anything else just let me know. I love being able to hit one key and be totally dressed in half a second even if my body is nowhere around.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Sounds like Enhanced has a lot of cool bells & whistles. Too bad I am a 2D kind of guy.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Maldar wrote:Sounds like Enhanced has a lot of cool bells & whistles. Too bad I am a 2D kind of guy.

Oh Maldar, if you would only give it a chance...change is good my friend...the enhanced client is far superior in almost every way that matters...the only thing I cannot do in enhanced is decorate and design houses
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to General Discussion