Help with the EC ...

Talk about anything that's clean.

Help with the EC ...

Postby LoL/Myst » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:41 pm

So i'm TRYING to learn to like the EC enough to play with it for certain things (pirate hunting would be one, since zooming out would be nice with the big boats ... and macroing ... which in all my years of UO i've never done ... but i just cant take the *click click click* of trying to raise imbuing).

One of the first things that has jumped up and bit me was that I cannot seem to find any way to assign hotkeys without assigning them a hotbar location. I definitely dont want all my chat commands ("All stay", "Vendor buy", "Guards bring me my bank box" etc) to clutter up my hotbars though. Does anyone know a way to assign hotkeys without adding to the hotbar?

Thanks!
LoL/Myst
Healer
Healer

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:21 am

just create a macro, and then assign a hotkey. The hotkey does not need to be on a hotbar to work. For example, I use "insert" key for every char I have to autodress. So I create a macro, and then set the macro to hotkey "insert", then go ingame and hit that key to autodress instantly.

if you have any trouble doing this, let me know and Ill post step by step here with how to set up instadress like I do, then you can repeat the process for saying "bank" or any other macro u want to set up.

EC is amazing, and once u play with setting up macros for a bit its really simple and handy.

KD
Last edited by KDSonoma on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:50 am

KD is right.

I use hot bars for all my stuff anyway though because I think it's really easy to edit. I just drag the hot bar to where it's almost completely off the screen when playing normally and leave it there. Then if I want to look at it or change something I can just drag it (and the 7 other hot bars near it) out to look at them. If I was ever happy with a final setup, Kd's way is better.

There are a lot better ways to macro imbuing than with the EC, lol, but it'll be a lot easier than doing it with just UO classic.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby LoL/Myst » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks guys. I'll try with the macros tonight. I think my (current) biggest gripe about the EC is how small many of the items are in my backpack and that stacked items show as a single item in EC. This makes finding something like black pearls a real PITA =). I miss the "stack" being two of the item.

As for macroing ... Devil - could you point me in the right direction of a good program for imbuing? I looked at UOassist, but it seems like it is down/unsupported now. I am hating trying to raise that skill, but from what i can tell of my time back it is essential to game play now.

Thanks!
LoL/Myst
Healer
Healer

Postby Maldar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:17 pm

LoL, I am old-school and much prefer the 2D classic client but my UOAssist is working just fine. Maybe you need to get the seed and key to reactivate it? Mine sometimes stops because it thinks I am unregistered.......especially if I had just played one of my accounts that doesn't have UOA.....and I have to redo the seeds/keys........if that made sense. lol I just can't seem to come up with the words I need to explain what I mean.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby LoL/Myst » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:06 pm

Hah, i think i am with you =)

My problem was i couldnt even get it to run at all after downloading. It tried to connect to some server to complete the download/update and only got "2/6" and wouldnt even try to run until it got the rest.
LoL/Myst
Healer
Healer

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:06 pm

*refrains from saying the 10 million great things about the EC that 2d does not even come close to*

I can say this though without getting this thread into a flaming session ...

I spent 3 whole days playing only EC and it totally blew me away. I will never, and I mean absolutely never log into 2d unless theres a major reason. I bet Ive spent 3 minutes total in 2d in the last 6 months, and a thousand times that in EC. I loved the 2d and hated the 3d when it came out, then I tried the earlier version of EC and was just amazed. For me at least it was well worth the 3 days I spent trying it out.

I'll also be glad to help anyone that wants to try EC. These shingles have almost kicked my butt, but I think I might finally be turning the corner on getting over this. So I hope to be ingame soon and will be happy to help anyone that wants to try EC. Just catch me in vent and we can run to a channel and not bother others, and I can walk you thru an insta-dress macro, and a ton of other useful things. Then you can go spend time playing with that and I can help answer questions after you have tried it for awhile. I'll admit it isnt for everyone, but if you keep an open mind about it, it might totally change your UO experience like it did mine and many others that I helped get EC started.

:)

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to General Discussion