Marion of RPG Bay in regards to banning

Talk about anything that's clean.

Postby Rex » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:17 pm

Sir William wrote:Wait so there is a subscription site WTF. This is @@#!#@ up. That's like opening up a college and teaching people how to become a bank robber. The site should be shut down!!

OK I'm going to stop posting on this subject cause it is just going to P!$$ me off.

Yep, it should be shut down. Will it be shut down? doubtful.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby kyra » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:07 pm

Rex wrote:You're far too forgiving Kyra, I personally would love to believe that people are honest and they all make mistakes and they want to make them better, unfortunately "I'm so sorry, I want to make this better, yada yada" is often a tactic used by people in order to re-gain peoples "nice feelings" toward them. Unfortunatly the nature of the beast is people as a whole are not honest, not kind, and not trustworthy. I believe Marion is no exception to that, ....

Rex,
I may be too forgiving, as you say. But I have to be. I'm one of those people who made mistakes ... and came back later to try to make them better. And even if I haven't been forgiven by all .... I've been given the chance to step up and make things right again. To try to prove myself. What I do with that chance, is up to me .... and I hope every day that I haven't let anyone down. I work every day to try to fix things I've done wrong in the past. I never forget .... and I'll be honest in saying that I haven't forgiven myself yet. But maybe someday.

We have to give people chances ... without forgiveness and second chances, how many of us should have just given up a long time ago?
What is there to work for if we're never allowed to make amends ... or pay our dues and move forward.

I wouldn't be in PAS today if it weren't for those who were willing (even against their better judgement) to give me a second chance.

Is Marion sincere? I can't answer that ... neither can you. Only Marion can. Some are ... some aren't .... but without a chance, what's the use in ever trying. Don't give up on everyone .... there are a lot of good people out there who've made really bad mistakes. Keep in mind .... someone gave them a chance.
kyra

Postby Rex » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:09 pm

kyra wrote:Rex,
I may be too forgiving, as you say. But I have to be. I'm one of those people who made mistakes ... and came back later to try to make them better. And even if I haven't been forgiven by all .... I've been given the chance to step up and make things right again. To try to prove myself. What I do with that chance, is up to me .... and I hope every day that I haven't let anyone down. I work every day to try to fix things I've done wrong in the past. I never forget .... and I'll be honest in saying that I haven't forgiven myself yet. But maybe someday.

We have to give people chances ... without forgiveness and second chances, how many of us should have just given up a long time ago?
What is there to work for if we're never allowed to make amends ... or pay our dues and move forward.

I wouldn't be in PAS today if it weren't for those who were willing (even against their better judgement) to give me a second chance.

Is Marion sincere? I can't answer that ... neither can you. Only Marion can. Some are ... some aren't .... but without a chance, what's the use in ever trying. Don't give up on everyone .... there are a lot of good people out there who've made really bad mistakes. Keep in mind .... someone gave them a chance.

You're correct in much of what you say, I cannot deny that. However I think when you forfeit someones trust that is unforgivable. Trust is #1 when you have friends/associates/etc without trust a relationship will never, ever last. Marion's reputation is dust because she chose to obtain items illegally and knowingly and at the same time LIE AND DECIEVE her associates and people who gave her trust based on the fact she assured them the items they purchased with their hard earned cash was legit and she can apologize all day and night, but you know what it won't matter.

When you cause someone to loose trust in you, you deserve no second chances, I don't care who you are (I obviously do not mean you as in Kyra, just generalizing). You can do a million good things and one bad thing and people will ALWAYS remember you for the bad thing.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby wild flower » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:12 pm

There are many examples of people getting a chance to make things better and all anyone can do is give them the chance and then step back and watch for the out come. The trick is to not take it personally.

What about recoverying alcoholics and drug addicts.

What about the murderers that get out of prison completely different people.

What about the forgiveness of God/Higher Powers. Without it you don't get to go to the good side of what ever you may believe.

These are just to name a couple. I sincerly believe that forgiveness free's the soul. Regardless of what they do, why hold on to resentment to weigh yourself down. Why dwell on it?

Just my two cents and I know it's not much. Won't even buy penny candy anymore.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Rex » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:15 pm

I am not going to continue this debate, only because you guys mean a lot to me and my views can be a bit "cold" and "harsh". I have no desire to upset anyone.

Thanks for listening and hope I did not make anyone mad or hate me.

*hugs & a flamestrike ;)*

Rex
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby kyra » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:31 pm

Rex wrote:
You're correct in much of what you say, I cannot deny that. However I think when you forfeit someones trust that is unforgivable.

If you believe that, then it applies to everyone, including me ... and that's your right to feel that way. I believe everyone deserves a chance to be forgiven ... even if what they've done is never forgotten.

I'll just continue praying every day that you're wrong... for everyone's sake, as well as my own.

I know that I'm fortunate to have amazing people in my life ... who've stood by me through everything. They're here for me ... because they believed in forgiveness ... and they believed in me. You know who you are .. and you know I'll love ya forever for it.
kyra

Postby Rex » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:11 pm

kyra wrote:If you believe that, then it applies to everyone, including me.

You've done nothing for me to not trust you, so I don't know why you're saying it applies to you. If you do ever betray my trust then yes, it will apply to you -- until/if that happens don't make assumptions. :D
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Prae » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:03 pm

I believe that Marion as well as any other "Trusted" broker got what they deserved. I do believe that EA should have done more digging and got as many as they could instead of *add percentile here of how many you think they got*% I personally think they only actually targeted a few of the major players in hopes of using a scare tactic on rest. I understand that a longer investigation costs time and money and this is a business, but you still have brokers out there selling hundreds of millions only now its at a jacked up rate. True prices on gold have come down in the couple of weeks but the day the bannings came out prices went from $ .88 cents a mil to $5.00 a mil. So now the ones that didn't get caught can increase thier profits even more. I myself believe that Marion will be back to selling dupped items again. Usually the people screaming that they are the most honest......are usually the most dishonest.

- Prae
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

cheating

Postby SirCarl » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:09 pm

Sorry people but this is a game that I find enjoyable and if somone cheats, ban them, kill the account and NEVER let them play UO again Period.
SirCarl
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1)

Postby kyra » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:52 pm

I've never stated that Marion or others shouldn't have been held accountable for what they did ... or that there shouldn't be consequences. There are always consequences for our actions, good and bad. Banning accounts as EA did, was a positive action for the game.

On that note ... I'll leave this thread to others.
kyra

Postby Rex » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:05 pm

Since I started this thread and I don't want to see anyone upset. I request it be locked or I will delete it.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:44 pm

Done.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion