DOOM

Talk about anything that's clean.

DOOM

Postby Sir William » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:53 am

Well last night I acctually had alot of fun in Doom. My newbie dog survived very well surprisingly. My question is, how many people here do Doom alot (everynight)? I want to know because if I get bored I would not mind tagging along. I say this cause my dog recived awsome gains last night despite the fact he died atleast 5x.
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby kyra » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:03 am

I've always liked going to Doom. When we go as a guild, I always take my mage to help heal and rez people. But I'd like to try taking my swords-girl sometime. Let me know when you want to take a trip there.
kyra

Postby Rex » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:24 am

I'd be interested in going in a smaller group with you guys.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:53 am

I'm in too.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Sir William » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:40 pm

I'm in too.

Whatcha all doin again?
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby wild flower » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:42 pm

I'm not very good but would love to try too. Been playing many years now and been going there over a year and have only seen pics of the cool stuff you can get. :P
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Centibite » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:02 pm

Erm .. Can I tag along? I plan on adding 115 peace/provo to my tamer to sick the nasties on the DF. Eventually It will be 120, but I spent all my gold on stuff ...
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Tevvin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:00 pm

I don't make alot of trips, but I do take a char over once in a while and leave him for a few weeks. Just a few notes from what I've seen:

the bard is the handiest char to have, in a small group it's easy to get overrun with spawn while fighting the Dark Fathers, but the bard can turn them on the DF instead of the group. 120 provo would be best, but 115 could work with good instruments.

I've seen archers and mages do the best damage. Provided the archers have the right bows and mages can swap spells (slayer spell books help slot). Tamers are good, but with most of the stuff throwing wither now, it's hard to heal the pets without good mana regen and magery. And just getting close to one they can and will swap targets to the tamer.
Not saying melee char's aren't good, but until you get used to it, have a healer with you.

And don't be afraid to be the healer, party up and hit each one once. You can get an arty off any of the monsters in the rooms and the Dark Fathers. As far as I can tell you don't have to do the most damage, hit first, or hit last, some say you don't even have to hit, just be in a party with someone that does.

Oh, and guilds and such don't mean much in Doom. By that I mean with the exception of zogs, everyone bands together in there, no matter what colors they fly, it's the one place I've found where it's all about players vs. monsters.

anyone wanna add anything they've noticed?
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 1
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Dralagon » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:21 pm

I'd be willing to go to Doom alot more with a smaller group. Maybe we can get a small group of ppl to plan a trip there on Friday Nights since there are no PAS events that evening and see how it goes? I'd be willing to try it every night if that's what the majority wanted to do.

p.s. As long as Kalnor stays out of it that is.
Dralagon
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Karn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:25 pm

Yep! That pretty much covers it except regs, aids and arrows. You can NEVER take enough, or have enough insurance in your bank. Tag along on a hunt with a mule for the sole purpose of loading up on arrows, aids, and regs. Log out when it's safe in Nix's room, then bring your fighter next time. You can get arrows from your mule when you need them, so you can stay longer. But the best bet is to take a LRC mage/bard and log em out and keep em down there till you get an artie and have to leave...

For Artie looting rights, you just have to be one of the top 16 damagers. Party looting rights only counts for the corpse items. If there is 16 or less fighting, one ebolt will do it. So don't be afraid to take on the healer role to help out the team. Luck from what I hear, is the average of the party luck. Really high luck does increase by a few (very few) percent that someone in the party will get a artie. One person with high luck not in the party helps just that one person. Each person is seperate when it comes to arties.
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Tevvin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:39 pm

ah ya, i've seen people ride a beetle in loaded with supplies, park it in the shop, mount an ethy and jump in the fight. Just be aware, there's no place to repair in there.

hmmm, i guess you could load a packy, leave it at your house, log in doom and back in and presto, there he'd be. no need to try to get him past all the spawn around the bell and such.
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Mystique » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:29 pm

Yes Im another one who loves going to doom, either with my Archer/Mage or with my Tamer/Mage/Bard. 8)

By the way it looks it won't be a small group--but smaller than two Parties. :lol:

Put out the word I'll be there. Need new death robes. :D
*Hugs & Smiles*

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow a Mystery; Today a Gift
Mystique
In Memory
In Memory

Postby gothelder » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:23 am

Hey De'baard is always up for more death robes.......

I do work every other friday though, (this one for example) but next friday after xmas would be great...
gothelder
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Mastica's Light of Love (1)

Return to General Discussion