An annoying stealther

Talk about anything that's clean.

An annoying stealther

Postby Rex » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:06 pm

Do you guys like playing a stealth archer?

I am thinking of building one, just to fool around with. I don't plan to be able to kill people with it, just be a pain in the butt, LOL.

I was thinking this template:

120 Archery (wear headress)
110 Ninjitsu
110 Tactics
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Stealing
100 Chiv

I figured I would just use the chiv for healing and stuff and carry a ton of pots. Like I said, I just want to bug people with this guy, not be productive in anyway. LOL
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Darsus » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 pm

but y stealing......and u should have ATLEAST 120 ninjitsu so u can run from reds.......since they USUALLY come in packs...u could use dog form but if the pain spike u, u wont be running for long since it drains ur stamina, and ki-rin form has fast regan so u wont run out of stamina til u can hide again
Last edited by Darsus on Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darsus
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Tracy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:46 pm

Yeah, why stealing?
Ummm, nothing of value can be stolen nowadays and that skill SUCKS to train, so why don't you:

Drop stealing
Put chiv at 80
put 120 ninjitsu in there

then you could have fun and be an effective dismounter who can run away when required.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Rex » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:52 pm

Malachai wrote:Yeah, why stealing?
Ummm, nothing of value can be stolen nowadays and that skill SUCKS to train, so why don't you:

Drop stealing
Put chiv at 80
put 120 ninjitsu in there

then you could have fun and be an effective dismounter who can run away when required.

I have 100 stealing stoned from way back. I forgot it's useless now. Yeah I may do that, but I don't feel like dumping a bunch of gold onto this guy for a 120 ninjitsu.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby WiLdMaN » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:57 pm

uh... llama form is just as feasable a form to retreat it, tho a little (very little) less good because of the hp inc (20) and SSI given by wolf form.

I like stealing on a template... Stealing bandages (to annoy some noob who doesn't put them in different stacks), regs, and the occasional powerscroll would be hot.

I think your best bet would be to drop tactics for detect hidden to be even more annoying. I don't remember how much tracking you need for it to be the most useful, but with that you'd be so very annoying to those gate-stealthers... (and even useful to blue gate fighters)

If it were me and I wanted to be 100% annoying, my template would be this:

120 Wrestling
110 Ninjitsu
100 detect
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
100 Stealing
60 Chiv (how much chiv heals is based on your karma, so 60 is plenty)
40 tracking (I think stealthers are harder to track, so 40 would help a bit)

This way I wouldn't lose hit/defense chance when trying to steal, throw a bola, or chug a pot.

Your suit would need LMC and MR.... perhaps LRC if you were frugal, but that's all...

That template would be fun to me, but I'd never work it up.

Ki
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tracy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:56 pm

WiLdMaN wrote:Stealing bandages (to annoy some noob who doesn't put them in different stacks), regs, and the occasional powerscroll would be hot.

Due to just about everyone wearing LRC nowadays, you'd almost have a better chance at stealing a powerscroll than a pile of regs.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby WiLdMaN » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:21 am

Yea, but you could steal potions and bolas and maybe an unpacked trapped crate from a newbie with no resist... Lots of annoying things and everyone at the gate would scream, "stealing 4tw!! what an original template!"

I think they put in a "feature" that disallows stealing while in battle or something? Sounds crappy, that part, though.
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby kyra » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:36 am

Malachai wrote:Due to just about everyone wearing LRC nowadays, you'd almost have a better chance at stealing a powerscroll than a pile of regs.

You'd think that would be true, but I've looted a lot of regs off of red corpses. They must be using them for something : )
kyra

Postby Sick » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:02 am

many 3f give up some of thier lrc for other mods. you will find regs on many 3f. just a lil tid bit of what ive experienced.
Sick

Postby Tevvin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:03 am

If I'm not mistaken, with the recent update, stealing has an effect on getting revealed while stealthing????????
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 1
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:18 pm

what the heck does 4tw mean?...I see that every now and then in a post and have no clue...sorry if the question is stupid but it is driving me nuts trying to figure it out.....LOL :? :lol: :P
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Rex » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:32 pm

4tw = FOR THE WIN

That's Ki's "leet sauce" lingo :P
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby kyra » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:33 pm

Lars Ulrich wrote:what the heck does 4tw mean?...I see that every now and then in a post and have no clue...sorry if the question is stupid but it is driving me nuts trying to figure it out.....LOL :? :lol: :P

for-the-win

It's one of those goober l33tsauce sorta things for people who didn't learn to actually spell words when they were in elementary school, so they have to use abbreviations. pfffft
kyra

Postby Brianna » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:35 pm

okay boys and girls here is your school lesson for the day

4tw=for the win

i can keep going but eventually i will run into some i dont know and we cant have that happening...lol after all if im gonna be taking over dara's spot on the ask dara page i have to know it all right????

love bri
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:41 pm

ok...I dont see how that works in some of the posts I have seen it in but it must be another one of those l33tsauce things again...LOL :P
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Next

Return to General Discussion