Treasure Hunter Template ??

Talk about anything that's clean.

Treasure Hunter Template ??

Postby Arehlyn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:14 am

I love treasure hunting, and I have been on a lot of hunts. So i decided to create a one. I used an advanced char token so I have 85 lockpicking and 85 cartography. It also gave me 70 magery, 70 musicianship and 85 peacemaking. I think if I could fit the taming skills in there enough to have a pet, that would be useful. But I don't know what other skills I need for T-hunting, detecting hidden, mining, ext. ??? Can you guys give me some ideas for a good template? I plan on spending lots of time at the black rock GMing out my skills. LOL!

i know lockpicking isn't fun :roll:
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:23 am

I can give you a few tips with the skills....don't have time right now...Just coming on to check forums before I went to bed....contact me via ICQ and I can fill you in on my template and how I built the skills....wasnt that hard just rather boring...LOL....I do not have taming but I know some that do....I prefer to do it with the energy vortex....holler at me tomorrow
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Arehlyn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Hey thank you, that would be great :D
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Arehlyn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:29 pm

Don't know what your ICQ is though but mine is: 306-955-078 ty
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Tevvin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:33 pm

i just use magery, but i've never tried to solo a level 6.

cartography
lockpicking
Fishing
magery
meditation
evaluate int
not saying i can finish one as quickly as a peacer/provoker or tamer, but then it's not a race either.
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Shino » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:47 pm

lesse
the build is entirely dependant upon you, heres what i have (with jewels)
100 Magery
100 LP
100 Cart
120 Provo
110 Peace
110 eval
110 music

lets me solo LV 6 maps pretty easy
1: dig up chest
2: invis at the last second
3: area peace as you run
4: provoke them
5: cast evs

and just repeat 4 and 5 as needed
Shino
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Mile's Voice of Truth (1)

Postby Arehlyn » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:28 am

Wow, well maybe i won't use taming then, didn't even think about provoking. Plus with the GM magery and eval she would be helpful in other areas too. Well. thank you guys for your imput. :D
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Tracy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:44 am

Don't rule out the discord tamer thunter template, it rocks too.

100 cartography
100 lockpicking
100 music
110 discord
110 magery
100 taming
100 lore

any extra points you can get in jewels would be great to add to discord and music or lore and taming.

Invis your pet a few screens away, run off as the chest comes up, pick off the mobs one at a time.
Discording them, then using your pets to kill them is the fastest way to solo a level 6 IMO.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby gothelder » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:36 am

100 hiding
100 stealth
100 lockpicking
100 magery
100 mining
100 cartography
100 stealing

Stealth scrolled up to 120, but dont know if I actually want to train that yet. I can solo everything except the level 6 chests. Having the mining means I can stand off and dig up the chest, with the hiding I can be out of sight when the monsters pop.

The hiding and stealth also help because I only mine in Fel, Makes it much easier to get in and out of wind. (broke 70 exceptional pickaxes in the last 24 hours, now its time to fill bods...)....
gothelder
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Mastica's Light of Love (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Miner Fortyniner ...

100 Magery
100 Cart
100 LP
100 Music
100 peace
40 Dischord (working on it)
80 Provoke (working on it)

with just those first 5 skills I can solo a level 5, takes more time than I want though, with dischord and provo I should prob cut my time in half.

I could never do much damage even at gm eval, so I dropped that early ... med didnt matter often as I used magery for earthy summoning and for hiding when the chest pops up. And I had mining, but when the UOAM added the tmap spots marked precisely, that became moot for me, so i dropped it entirely.

Hehe I dropped more skills than I have added back yet. :)

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lara » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:06 am

Got soulstones? You can actually have a Thunter with no lockpicking or carto at all, or only one of those skills!

I stockpiled a bunch of maps, so I decoded them all and stoned off carto. No longer needed it, so I beefed up my mage template. Its a little inconvienient but I also have lockpicking stoned off and just have the skill holding char I have recall in and pick the chest. That way I have all of the points available to fight the spawn. I can solo a level six with a spellweaving mage template and do just fine. Its got some tamerish tactics to it, since I can charm Artic ogre lords to fight chest spawn, or just charm the ones that pop up if the level spawns them.

On level sixes an ogre lord might just be a sacrificial lamb for me to high tail it and peel off a balron or ancient wyrm. I have a dragon slayer spell book and plenty of Spell Damage increase on me so I can kill an AW with some effort, the worst part of them being the healing spam they do when redlined. I hit em with some explosions to take out the stamina and thus the heat out the fire breath. EVS are really only a short distraction for me to Ebolt it with the slayer book. Balrons die to EVs good enough and any other monster is easily killed. It takes a little while to do it, but its still fun.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Valkyrie » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:46 pm

I agree with Lara. Cartography is needed only for decoding maps, after you decode a bunch of maps you can soulstone the skill and have 100 points free for something else. But I'm too lazy to gate in another lockpicker for now so I keep LP on my thunter.
Valkyrie
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:52 pm

yeah but gating in other chars and trying to switch right quick will get you killed really fast in cases like dot island, especially if you only have one computer.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:00 am

Hey Arehlyn I tried to send you a request to add you to my ICQ but you have not answered....with my current template I can solo level 6s fairly quickly as well so if you still want to know mine then Q me and we can talk...I don't know mine right off hand or I would post it here...ttyl

Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Arehlyn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Again, thank you all for all your imput and ideahs. I never thought about soulstoning the cartography or lockicking but I think I will try doing that with cartogrphy. Thats a great idea. So i will proboly keep working up the musiceanship from the 70 that the token gave me, I already got lockpicking to 95 at the blackrock, and am going to try to GM it this week. And I was wondering why you would need mining, (now I know thank you) and don't know if I will use it or not. I think I will just try different things out and see what works best for me. But now I have somewhere to start. :D
Lars, I'm sorry I didn't accept your invite. I am not very good with computers and didn't know what that little flashing icon was. (drrr) But I had william fix it for me so your added. :lol: -sorry
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Next

Return to General Discussion