Interview with EA/Dev-Team

Talk about anything that's clean.

Interview with EA/Dev-Team

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:29 am

I was looking in the E.A F.A.Q for an answer to a question and found an interesting subject. E.A will allow submitions that reqest interviews for websites, etc.
I was wondering if the general membership would post on this thread questions that could be asked of E.A. Games/Dev-Team. I plan to review them and submit a request for an interview for the PAS Podcast. So, think of that "issue" that you feel needs an answer and Post it here.
Mr. Hyde
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Tracy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:51 am

When are they planning on bringing back shields with HCI?

I believe it was Hanse who said he couldn't think of a reason HCI was removed from shields, and that it may return in the future at some unforseen date.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Masochism » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:10 am

Will there ever be a time when the quest items people were collecting as deco items will return to lock down capable status?

For instance, Regina's Ring, assassination contracts, etc...

I lost all of mine because I made the simple mistake of unlocking them and picking them up to move them to a different location. They were bound to my pack and later deleted at my request by a GM.

I loved those items for deco, isn't there some way we can get them back?
Masochism
PAS Cavalier
PAS Cavalier

Postby wild flower » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:48 pm

There is a recipe for a stone anvil E that is still not available anywhere.

When will they add it to be gotten? It shows as available but no one has ever gotten one.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby WiLdMaN » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:08 pm

What serious and obtainable goal is needed to be met for EA/OSI to create the very much wanted, pre-aos shard?

They'll probably give that bs answer they always give; ehh... whatever, UOGamers 4tw.
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tevvin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:17 pm

are they moving toward instanced dungeons?
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Centibite » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:29 pm

Tevvin wrote:are they moving toward instanced dungeons?

What is an "instance" ?

Why do I loose Stamina/HP everytime I cross a server line, walk through a gate? If it is a problem are you going to fix it?
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Tracy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:16 pm

I can answer that one for you, Cent.

Try getting naked.
Then walk a server line.
Nothing happens to any of your stats.

Basically what is happening is when you cross a server line, one server conducts a "handshake" with the other server and takes a sudden inventory of everything in your bag and on your paperdoll. Doing this makes you go nakey for just a split second, so if you have items to bring your mana from 40 to 70, you go nakey for a split second and your cap drops to 40 during that time, so when you are across the server line and on the new server you are showing 40 out of 70 mana, because you are instantly redressed.

Basically, if you wore no items to boost your HP, Stamina or Mana you wouldn't get that at all.

And in order for them to fix it they'd have to get one mega server for each shard to eliminate the need for server lines altogether. So that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:00 pm

thats a great question, Ki ... even though I may not want to try out that shard .... thats the best way to ask them if UO is truly serious about ever giving us a unique shard like that.

Lets be absolutely sure we ask that ... the worst the guy can say is "theres no possibility", which would be very dissapointing ... hopefully he gives some sort of statistic or number of emails or something thats reachable that could bring them to do that, because I know theres a significant portion of the pvp population that would want that.

Great question.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Sir William » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:44 pm

When will they have assasin legs and gloves spawn on Sonoma? And why is Irk so hard to kill!!
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Party Bars

Postby Mystique » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:49 am

Im Speaking for several who would like to see the Party Bars fixed.

There are 10 in a party and as it is now they lock into place nicely in two rows. If we don't have 10 and someone new is added or leaves, the second row jumps up on top of the above row. Or some plain dissapear.

There has to be a way that once the Party Bars are placed they can be locked in place until the party is closed down. If they need moved we can do so like it is now. Ctrl and Click.

It is difficult to imagine the Dev's intended for party bars to be this difficult to manage. All members of a party having bars jump around or disappear makes it difficult to keep track of the status of party members. If you are a Mage/Healer your keeping as many alive around you while others are cross-healing those near them. When someone died their bar would go black but stay. Now they tend to disappear.

This has been a part of UO that has needed fixed for several years. It is better but it will be greatly appreciated by many who do the hunts in parties if this is taken into your consideration.
*Hugs & Smiles*

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow a Mystery; Today a Gift
Mystique
In Memory
In Memory

Postby Sagan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:21 am

When are they gonna nerf Ki? LOL
Sagan
Grand Admiral of the People's Navy
Grand Admiral of the People's Navy

Postby Tevvin » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:52 am

instance dungeon is like the peerless, when you enter the fight with the peerless, no one else can bother you. Only most if not the whole dungeon is like that, and it's not limited to one group at a time.

so if we take a group into shame, someone else comes along and takes a group into shame, we would be in two seperate dungeons and could not affect each other.
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby kyra » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:06 am

Sagan wrote:When are they gonna nerf Ki? LOL

I hacked Ki's accounts last night ..... put all his characters in pretty dresses. And gave them all nice "K" names like .... KoKoPuff, KandyKane, KutieKitten, KissyKoo.

How's that for nerfing!
kyra

Postby Rex » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:27 am

kyra wrote:
I hacked Ki's accounts last night ..... put all his characters in pretty dresses. And gave them all nice "K" names like .... KoKoPuff, KandyKane, KutieKitten, KissyKoo.

How's that for nerfing!

That's what he wanted all along, now he is happy and will continue his wrath on us. :P
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Next

Return to General Discussion