Tonight's event

Talk about anything that's clean.

Tonight's event

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:59 am

Something I read at Stratics Sonoma.

This event is held in the Tokuno Islands. Twenty (20) serpents spawn in the waters surrounding the islands. If we tackle all the serpents at once, you can expect the event to last approximately 4-5 hours. The markers for the serpents have a 4 week life span so it appears as though we can complete the event over the course of 4 weeks. The downside is that the serpents may roam making them more difficult to find.

With that said, we need someone with a sextant (or UOAM or the EC) in order to travel to the given coordinates and we need Tokuno boats.

On all shards, the serpents are lured from the sea to the closest land mass. The shoreline of the Tokuno Islands is not conducive to melee and also not mage friendly (target not seen).

The best strategy I've seen is sandwiching the serpent between land and a High Seas boat equipped with a cannon. Archers & Tamers attack from shore while cannon balls are fired at the serpent from the boat. Side note: One archer told me he was using a Reptile Slayer and doing 225 points of damage per shot!

Another strategy I haven't seen used yet, is to have 4 boats that surround the serpent and fight on the water. This might be a riskier approach and definately takes more coordination/teamwork.

So those are my key takeaways from the event on other shards. Good luck Sonoma!

I don't think the 4 boats surrounding the serpent is a good idea myself, I think the luring to shore would be the best overall. I was also told that snake slayer/reptile slayer work best by someone from Atl, they had just return from the Catskill event. Time to dust off the Juka war bow I guess.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Re: Tonight's event

Postby Jax » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:26 pm

This information is Grrrrreat Draklord. Thank you for sharing it with PAS and all our daily readers whom may attend the event. This type of information is something for all to read who like doing shard events. You are the man brother thanks again for sharing.
Jax
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 2
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:56 pm

Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Jax » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 am

Well as it turned out the reptile slayer I made with lightning was a success it was dealing 170s - 200's in damage with armor ignore. Thanks again for sharing the info Draklord.
Jax
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 2
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:39 am

The last picture was the last one for me, I was told there was three left, it was almost 2am when I quit.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Return to General Discussion