Introductions from old old friend and returned player

Talk about anything that's clean.

Introductions from old old friend and returned player

Postby Sir River » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Greetings!

It is truly incredible to see what I knew as the most respected guild of Sonoma still active. I have played Ultima Online since the beta of 1997. I was active in Sonoma from around 1997 till 2000? My main character was River T of VIB (Virtuous In Blood). Our leader Jerrick was able to help get us up to around 50 members before it fell apart due to internal leadership politics (lol).

As River T, I was a part of the original group founding the Sonoma Alliance in it's early days. The YMCA was heavily supported in the early days by VIB, we were a PK Hunter group as your group was and I remember many times hunting beside PAS, COP and I can't remember the name, a guild of Knights something. After VIB fell apart I lost interest for a while, I had put a lot of time into growing it and co-leading for a time. I remember King David well though as a strong leader and I supported his claim to the thrown fully and would have followed him into civil war against Lord British (which we all discussed back then).

Since then I've been back and forth and have recently come back again to play in Sonoma. My old account is long gone as is River T. I am currently playing several characters, one running the family name of Sir River III. He's not that good but an able archer none the less. What I was wondering is how I would go about joining PAS as a member? I could not join all my characters as I still hold the VIB guild on one character (it still has some of the old original members on the list too, pepsi, vern, of ruin, and a few others). Though the guild is still just there for nostalgic reasons I would like to join PAS, is this possible or do you just do events together?

Nice to meet you all!

Sir River
Sir River
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Introductions from old old friend and returned player

Postby Ciara » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:43 am

Greetings! Welcome back to Sonoma!

PAS does events most evenings at 9PM Eastern , meeting at the Fel Nu'jelm Bank. You could hook up there. If you have icq, you could give your icq number and our GM , Chalnoth Tholl, or one of the Emissaries could get ahold of you.

I was around in the early Sonoma Alliance days, around 2000 on. Nice memories, and thanks for posting them. I hope to see you in game!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:39 am

Welcome back, I returned to the game just last April, after being gone for 6 yrs. Started on LS back in 2000, but moved to Sonoma later. If I can be of help on Sonoma let me know. ICQ is 100148883.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:49 pm

till such time you get with our GM, you will be our knight

Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Sir River » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Thank you!

Here are some of my characters I play

Sir River (Mediocre Archer I am working on)
Cap'n Bootstrap - Mage/ Scribe / Fisherman (not quite elder fishing yet but close)
Rock Ironshank - Full craftsman (let me know if you need anything, do everything except imbueing, still working on that)
Icehawk II - Treasure hunter (GM but still learning how to do solo T hunts, lol)
Other than that I have some character's I'm working on

Feel free to add me in ICQ Riverhawk is my ICQ name 2977930#
Sir River
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:14 pm

I had posted a reply earlier but I guess it didn't get saved. WOWZA good to see that old name! I remember VIB and you personally, River T, as well. That goes WAY back to the first year or two of Sonoma.

I hope you get a chance to play with the current PAS folks, they are awesome!

I played up until about 5 months ago, but I still haunt/stalk the forums here.

Anyways, thanks for the post, that brought back some great memories.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:36 pm

KDSonoma wrote:I had posted a reply earlier but I guess it didn't get saved. WOWZA good to see that old name! I remember VIB and you personally, River T, as well. That goes WAY back to the first year or two of Sonoma.

I hope you get a chance to play with the current PAS folks, they are awesome!

I played up until about 5 months ago, but I still haunt/stalk the forums here.

Anyways, thanks for the post, that brought back some great memories.

KD

I saw that older posting KD, no clue why its gone now.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Postby Ciara » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:03 am

I saw KD's other post too. Puzzling.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Sir River » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:11 pm

As did I but was running out the door and didn't have time to reply. It's always great to find someone that you remember from 17 years ago, hehe.

I am looking forward to some new journey's with PAS folks. I will always remember fondly though the times we spent fighting SAS and other's who tried to terrorize the original YMCA in Yew.

I am sorry you have some health issues that have come up, that's never good news. I suppose 17 years has probably taken it's toll on most of us in different ways. Back then I had a baby and a toddler, now I have a university student and another about to graduate. Time flies.

Anyways, I'm glad your still involved in PAS, good to hear from you KD. :D
Sir River
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Yep, time does indeed FLY.

My daughters were 2 and 6 when we all started UO so many years ago.

The oldest one got a full scholarship to 9 different law schools, including Duke and several top 10 schools. She chose to stay near home (University of Texas Law School), and just started this week.

The youngest one is a sophomore in college, wants to be a teacher. Has the exact personality you would want for an elementary school teacher. She's enjoying college so far.

I still can see and hear them (in my head) playing UO, all 3 of us in the same garage room. Just amazing how the years fly by.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:50 pm

Oh and as for the missing post of mine, I wonder if the 2 PAS gremlins had anything to do with that ...

They know who they are.

*smiles*

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tracy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:56 pm

It wasn't me...

But I was curious about that post as well. Perhaps some sort of forum revert due to a bug? Travis may be the best one to answer it, though there are other possibilities.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:50 am

*turns and looks at the other gremlin*

:)

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to General Discussion