I hate the Tower

Talk about anything that's clean.

I hate the Tower

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Less then 5 minutes and I had three of these chasing me all over the garden. I gave up and left. I have hated this Tower since it first went live on TC
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Re: I hate the Tower

Postby Maldar » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Ditto
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Ciara » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:19 pm

I think I've only done that event once. Just not able to be on when people are doing it.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Anguis Domitor » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Lord Drakelord wrote:Image

Less then 5 minutes and I had three of these chasing me all over the garden. I gave up and left. I have hated this Tower since it first went live on TC

Drakelord, I have shared your contempt for the rooms also, but the Orchard has never been an object of contempt. It is by far the easiest of the rooms in my opinion. First, unlike many of the other rooms, you can actually take as many people as you want (up to the party limit, I guess) and the room will not get out of hand. Of course it is easier if all participants have hiding or a way to become invisible. You will only need to have one person actually figure out the puzzle. Two keys to this room: (1) know the opposing dungeons/virtues by heart or have an easily accessible chart and (2) make a chart of the room. For my chart, I split a scrap of paper into four sections with each section representing the four sets of trees in the room. When I pluck an apple, I note what it is on the paper. If i know where its opposing tree is, then I head there to eliminate both trees. If not, then I toss it at a tree that I lack info. Then I grab another apple from a different tree. I rinse and repeat until all trees are gone. I stealth when necessary, but have found that I can ride a mount and invis prior the the monsters getting to me, because they are really slow. The Orchard should cause no frustration unlike some of the other rooms. I have completed the Orchard in less than 10 minutes on most attempts since I started writing info down.

Because you have to complete the rooms to do the roof, the rooms are a necessary evil if you want to obtain the rewards from the roof without purchasing them. And there are sufficiently good rewards to warrant the effort in my opinion. Reasonable minds can of course differ on this. And I know lots of folks who have decided the tower/roof is not for them. I am not in that group yet. Although some of the rooms are certainly a pain in the butt.
Anguis Domitor
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:34 pm

When I did the Bar I was on my Prov/disco character. Since the Tower is lock to one character doing all the rooms to advance to the roof I forsee that I will never be on the roof unless they make a BIG change to the rooms and how they work.

In The Bar I was able to prov and invis, thus killing off the pirates, but in the Garden the treefellow take forever to die and there is a 30 minute timer, running around to toss apples I get to far from them and they are chasing me once more, I have to stay within eye sight of them for them to continue to fight. It takes to long to kill them off. I understand you can do it in a party, as I am sure most rooms are, but again I am stuck with the Bard on all the rooms unless I start over.

If they made a change to how the rooms work, say like the Valley of One quest where we get an item for completing a room, much like the sub quest of the valley that can be handed over to the character that you wish to take to the roof I would be very happy and jump for joy.

I also hate the fact that to bring a Greater dragon or a Turtle, we have to walk from the gate, At the last Meet and Greet I ask they tie the tower to the portal system somehow, so that we do not have to walk all the way in to the tower. So far I have yet to see any of that happening yet. Maybe next year, who knows.

I went thru every room on TC when they did this, I died a lot, having to change templates ever so often to complete one room before going on to a next. I found that the Bard did well in the Bar, but a peace tamer did better over all on most rooms, the bad thing is again I have to walk in and of course I hate to walk a long distance.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Anguis Domitor » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:15 am

Lord Drakelord wrote:When I did the Bar I was on my Prov/disco character. Since the Tower is lock to one character doing all the rooms to advance to the roof I forsee that I will never be on the roof unless they make a BIG change to the rooms and how they work.

In The Bar I was able to prov and invis, thus killing off the pirates, but in the Garden the treefellow take forever to die and there is a 30 minute timer, running around to toss apples I get to far from them and they are chasing me once more, I have to stay within eye sight of them for them to continue to fight. It takes to long to kill them off. I understand you can do it in a party, as I am sure most rooms are, but again I am stuck with the Bard on all the rooms unless I start over.

If they made a change to how the rooms work, say like the Valley of One quest where we get an item for completing a room, much like the sub quest of the valley that can be handed over to the character that you wish to take to the roof I would be very happy and jump for joy.

I also hate the fact that to bring a Greater dragon or a Turtle, we have to walk from the gate, At the last Meet and Greet I ask they tie the tower to the portal system somehow, so that we do not have to walk all the way in to the tower. So far I have yet to see any of that happening yet. Maybe next year, who knows.

I went thru every room on TC when they did this, I died a lot, having to change templates ever so often to complete one room before going on to a next. I found that the Bard did well in the Bar, but a peace tamer did better over all on most rooms, the bad thing is again I have to walk in and of course I hate to walk a long distance.

I agree in large part. I hate walking pets in. I hate that each char that will be on the roof needs to complete each room. Certainly glad that they changed things for the newer quests. But I don't think they will change the way the tower works. Although I do hope they will add a hitching post like they did for blackthorn's castle. I have tried the rooms on my own many times on my home shard and the rooms can be difficult for certain templates. One character I like to take to the roof on LA is a bard. I've tinkered with her skills a lot because of the rooms and finally settled on bard-tamer-weaver without hiding/stealth (although both skills really help for some rooms). I switch some skills depending on the room. For roof, I've found that disco works on I think 3 bosses and while provo helps with the spawn, we try to do the roof with as minimal spawn as we can. So I have opted for no provo for the roof. Most rooms are most easiest with two real characters. It is very difficult to mult-client the rooms for the most part. The Orchard and Belfry are the exceptions to that. I am happy to help you with the rooms on Somoma. Of course, I only have one viable character so he is not as helpful for some rooms because of his template. We can chat about this in icq whenever you want. Once you learn what you need for each room, I think you will appreciate doing the roof with the guild. The rooms are still a pain. But that pain is worth the potential rewards you can get from the roof. Just my opinion. I doubt that you are more frustrated with the rooms than I was when I was trying them essentially on my own on LA.
Anguis Domitor
Wanderer
Wanderer

Return to General Discussion