Governor’s Meeting 11-19-17

Talk about anything that's clean.

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Roll Call:
King Blackthorn
Cinderella, Minoc - City of Sacrifice.
Clym of Clough, Skara Brae - City of Spirituality.
Dezerai, Moonglow - City of Honesty.
Galahad, Jhelom - City of Valor.
KHAN, Magincia - Home for mages

Citizens
Vicrina
Quail
Gwendolyn
Gemini
brenda joy
Kwan Yin
Evy
Draculus
governor meeting Sonoma 11-19-17.jpg

Greeting Sonoma, its time for our last Governor’s Meeting of this election period. Sadly we had a few missing Governors. The 27th of November the City Stones will be accepting Nominations I believe. However, I could be wrong as other information I have states, “The Nomination period beings on the first day of the listed months and lasts for 1 real world week.” December 1st is when the voting period starts.

King Blackthorn: Greetings Governors! Please take a seat. I see we are a bit lite tonight. I am aware that Britain’s Governor has other pressing business

Cinderella: good evening
King Blackthorn: Good evening! Please take a seat. Welcome to tonight Governors Meeting.
I have a couple of things to mention tonight. But before I do I would like to get the monthly reports from each governor. Let us Start with Jhelom.

Galahad: Good Evening. All is well in Jhelom, in fact, we beat back the invaders during the holidays, all quiet now. It is good to be here this evening as well.

King Blackthorn: Very good. New Magincia, what have you to say?

KHAN: Thank you, Sire. New Magincia has been very quiet as well. Almost too quiet. But so far all is well. Nothing else to report.

King Blackthorn: I will get Britain’s governor to report to me later. As well as Trinsic’s Anyone know of Trinsic’s governor?

KHAN: Not I Sire
Dezerai: Vershaw has been absent for sometime
King Blackthorn: I hope he is well
Dezerai: his city treasury is well below the required amount for the city
King Blackthorn: With elections approaching perhaps new blood could fill a seat if he no longer wishes it but I hope he is well. Governor of Moonglow, what have you to report?

Dezerai: Evening Sire, fellow Governors, Citizens, you skipped Minoc sir.
King Blackthorn: oh dear, where is my mind today. My apologies
Dezerai: concerns with missing governors no doubt.

King Blackthorn: Cinderella, what have you to report?
Cinderella: Your Majesty all is quiet in Minoc, all the citizens are doing good.
King Blackthorn: Very good to hear.
King Blackthorn: Anything else?
Cinderella: Nothing new to report this time
King Blackthorn: Very well

Dezerai: *smiles* Overall Moonglow trade is back up and we are looking fairly decent on the gold for the city trade. There have been reports of giant turkeys running loose on the island. Hunting parties are being warned to be watchful for these beasts.

Question brought up with concerns of the Zoo on Moonglow. Overall the Zoo needs a lot of love and help. However, I doubt much will or can be done since Sonoma has such a LOW population. It was discussed that maybe after the 1st of the year to look at it and maybe try to schedule something, some sort of Governor’s event. I would love to see the Void Dragon moved there, from the location near the Governor’s Office, and maybe thanking folks when they turn a beast in to the zoo.

Dezerai: it would be something to consider for after the holidays
King Blackthorn: With just 1 hour a week, I am sure the zoo could possibly get back up to speed. yes... after the holidays perhaps.
Dezerai: Far to many will be more concern with the artisan festival trees. But we can look at it in January

Note, an hour a week is not bad if you have the time I am sure the zoo will love the attention.

King Blackthorn: Governor of Skara Brae, what have you to report tonight?
Clym of Clough: Skara citizens are very happy to be healthy again. We have breathed a big sigh of relief. Other than that, thank goodness all is well, except there are rumors
King Blackthorn: The curse now lifted, Trinsic Jones and the scholars have done a great job. Along with the help of the Royal Guards of course. Couldn’t have done it without them
Clym of Clough: very very bad rumors about Skara being destroyed. Has the King heard anything about that?
King Blackthorn: Rumors of Skara’s destruction? I have not.... Please tell me more.
Clym of Clough: ah very well, I hope it is an unfounded unbiased rumor
King Blackthorn: I will look into the matter.
Clym of Clough: it is nothing at this point to my knowledge except that - a rumor Sire
King Blackthorn: Very well
Dezerai: I hope that is all it is
King Blackthorn: Does the audience have anything they would like to say? Now is the time to speak up.
Gwendolyn: *hic* indeed.
King Blackthorn: Gwen you have the floor
Gwendolyn: I formally challenge Galahad to a duel.
Galahad: anytime you think you can, say so
Gwendolyn: I think I can now. I feel that an assassin should run the city of Jhelom. And that is what I am. Please, join me in Fel sometime. I’ll show you what it means to rule.
Galahad: I have killed you before
Gwendolyn: as I said in the last meeting
Galahad: I shall again. Patience little one
Gwendolyn: I intend to run for your position.
Galahad: patience
Gwendolyn: I will win.
Galahad: OK this is how you waste our time? And the king’s
Gwendolyn: waste time?
Galahad: with threats
Gwendolyn: nay.
King Blackthorn: Please... Please.... This is a place for unity and peace.
KHAN: Right
Gwendolyn: this is no threat.
King Blackthorn: Keep the fighting outside.
Chronepsis: *hic*
Vicrina: *hic*
Gwendolyn: only friendly competition.
King Blackthorn: If a duel is what is desired, I am sure one can be set up
Gwendolyn: my apologies, your Highness.
Gemini: *hic*
Gwendolyn: excellent
Quail: the rumors may not be rumors, your highness
Clym of Clough: Methinks we are going to need a Sergeant at Arms
Quail: I found this one here

Note, Sorry failed to get a snap of the Bones he dropped on the floor for all to see

King Blackthorn: Now ladies and gentlemen
Dezerai: hummm
Quail: pretender
Gwendolyn: I have brought this up at the last meeting as well.
King Blackthorn: Next week, many will celebrate thanks
Chronepsis: *hic*
Quail: now our lord wanting to fight each other
Dezerai: Lord Quail do please pick that up
King Blackthorn: As such, I too will be celebrating thanks. Chef O'gok has promised me a delightfully special gravy to put on the food I will serve
King Blackthorn: I will be asking the Royal Guard to pick up said item the day before my dinner
Quail: just want to know if we have our real lord’s here
King Blackthorn: I hope that everything goes according to plan. The last time the chef made a special dish.....his pet terrorized Vesper.
Dezerai: yes but the cookbook was a #1 hit
King Blackthorn: now last order of business
Vicrina: *hic*
KHAN: Yes Sire?
King Blackthorn: I would like to have Luna and the Counselor's Hall in Brit decorated
Dezerai: *claps*
King Blackthorn: I will start with Luna. I am thinking that we hold a contest and each entry gets voted on by a panel. I will be asking the entity known as Xanthus to put together a panel of judges to vote on said decoration. What do you all think of this? It will start in January. We will give the citizens time to enjoy the holidays. The big thing with this, however, he will require the citizens to donate the furniture and other misc items

Overall many like the idea.

More good news the Armor missing from Skara Brea Hall is to be returned once more, for those that do not know of it, it is a special suit of armor that allows non-mages to travel to the war room on Serpent’s Hold. There a match suit there that allows you to travel back.

King Blackthorn: OK I call tonight’s meeting to an end but Xanthus has asked to make a special appearance tonight outside of these chambers

EM Xanthus discussed a few area with us, the current idea for the decoration contest and how the citizens would be donating items for this. Not getting a Navery hole. January 1st will begin the contest. Entries will come in the form of screenshots, emailed to my email. As of right now, I am thinking of having EM's judge entries so that you all have a chance to enter.

That about it folks. Good luck next month all you that run for office. May the best person for that city win.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to General Discussion