I guess we found the Batcave ...

Talk about anything that's clean.

I guess we found the Batcave ...

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm

5 houses away from us, they reported a sinkhole early this morning. After more discovery, they realized it was a cave entrance that collapsed. 40 feet deep, and it ran at least 160 feet long it was reported. Now after a day of more discovery, it's 3 caves, one big one and 2 smaller ones, and they are still trying to determine how far they go and what is above them (houses, roads, etc.).

Fortunately for us, it looks at this point that the caves run parallel or away from our house.

Apparently there was only 2 inches of soil and sidewalk, and then 50 feet of empty space down into the cave. Luckily no one got hurt when it collapsed.

What a day. I feel bad for the guy at that corner. He has to park his cars down the street for now until they determine the extent of this. Knowing this area, the cave will have an endangered beetle in it that environmentalists will use to prevent filling the cave in.

Ah life is interesting.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Re: I guess we found the Batcave ...

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:24 am

batcave-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 am

very cool Drakelord :)

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Ciara » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Wow, that is amazing KD. It is incredible to me that nothing sunk into that cave during building of the homes.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:48 pm

engineers say that there are 3 caves, and some run 200 feet, but no homes are at risk because the cave ceiling is very thick across almost all of the caves. So until the environmental folks finish, they just are blocking off a few parts of the road, no impact to our house or the roads we drive coming home or leaving.

A sinkhole would have been an entirely different situation.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to General Discussion