The Detectorists

Talk about anything that's clean.

The Detectorists

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:38 am

my wife and I stumbled across an awesome British tv comedy, the Detectorists.

it is written and stars the tall scrawny guy from the Pirates of the Caribbean, and he won a British TV Academy Award for writing this show.

It's about 2 guys in UK that love metal detecting. One of my favorite scenes is where his buddy tells a story about a friend who had a cactus, and he was happy with the cactus. then a friend of his gave him another cactus, and a month later he had a huge cacti collection. He said if a woman has a cactus and gets second or third cactus, she can just stop and say she loves her 2 or 3 cactus. But a man cant stop with 2, he has to collect them (remind anyone of UO?).

His point was that a woman didn't need to be a detectorist, she just had to support the fact that her man was a detectorist, and would understand his need for that hobby. ROFL. My wife supports my hobby (UO), and understands my need to have a hobby, so life is very good here :)

Just a great little show. We had decided to get Acorn TV for $7 a month and watch it through Roku, and we stumbled across this show.

We may only watch the remaining episodes of the 3 seasons and never find anything else there to watch, so we may only keep it for a month. But its already been well worth the money.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Re: The Detectorists

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:06 am

KDSonoma wrote:my wife and I stumbled across an awesome British tv comedy, the Detectorists.

it is written and stars the tall scrawny guy from the Pirates of the Caribbean, and he won a British TV Academy Award for writing this show.

It's about 2 guys in UK that love metal detecting. One of my favorite scenes is where his buddy tells a story about a friend who had a cactus, and he was happy with the cactus. then a friend of his gave him another cactus, and a month later he had a huge cacti collection. He said if a woman has a cactus and gets second or third cactus, she can just stop and say she loves her 2 or 3 cactus. But a man cant stop with 2, he has to collect them (remind anyone of UO?).

His point was that a woman didn't need to be a detectorist, she just had to support the fact that her man was a detectorist, and would understand his need for that hobby. ROFL. My wife supports my hobby (UO), and understands my need to have a hobby, so life is very good here :)

Just a great little show. We had decided to get Acorn TV for $7 a month and watch it through Roku, and we stumbled across this show.

We may only watch the remaining episodes of the 3 seasons and never find anything else there to watch, so we may only keep it for a month. But its already been well worth the money.

KD

Sounds like the reasoning I took CBSAA for a month, that new Star Trek show that everyone is calling STD first season was on there. I took it for one month then bing watched season one and canceled the subscription when they get all of season two on there I do the same again. 7.99 a month and that the only show I watched there. If Netflix had aired STD in the USA I would not had to order CBSAA for that month but there a contract with CBS that STD will not be aired in the USA.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Re: The Detectorists

Postby Pharon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:43 am

The Detectorists is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. It is so nuanced, one moment terribly sad and melancholy and then the next completely hilarious, in a very British way. Plus the music is great. My wife and I loved it.
Pharon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Blackstaff Medal of Spiritualy (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1)

Return to General Discussion