Big Thank You from a returning newb/vet

Talk about anything that's clean.

Big Thank You from a returning newb/vet

Postby Lord Aristaeus-FH » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Being the newb I always was, even after 7 years of playing, I did not get the name of the kind tamer that was helping to bring me
up to speed my tamer and handed me a book, which I can't use because I need Legends of some sort of thing.

I had to go afk because I have kids now, and one is potty training, so by the time I got back, I was logged out, and hadn't had a chance to thank this kind person.

So, THANK YOU kind person!

And to KD and the rest of PAS, it was really nice to see that PAS is still going strong. I watched the hell KD went through Pre-tram, post-tram, and everything up to about 2007 when I followed friends from GTH to WOW, and the man always kept his wits, and the best interests of his guild about him, which in this day and age is damn hard to find. So, it is very very nice to see KD and PAS still rockin' it!

If ya see me, and ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I am still trying to get macro's set, but I am always up for helping anyone that needs it.

*Bows as graceful as an old man can*

Lord Aristaeus-Mystical Lord-FH

And, if I am not on Lord Ari, just look for the FH guild tag, most if not all my characters have it.
Lord Aristaeus-FH
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Big Thank You from a returning newb/vet

Postby Cinderella » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Welcome back
Cinderella
Former Entrusted First Lady

Medals: 2
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby xare » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Who were you in WoW?
"I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese."

"I'm not a bad influence, I'm an enabler."
xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lord Aristaeus-FH » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:47 pm

xare wrote:Who were you in WoW?

I was your worst nightmare, mister. :D Arion, goofy!!
Lord Aristaeus-FH
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Lord Drakelord » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:09 am

Welcome back to the one and only Ultima Online ;) It missed you. Feel free to ask if we can be of help with the game. Time of Legends is the latest Exp. There are other areas one needs also to do certain features of the game.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/ ... of-legends

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/ ... as-booster

These are the big one if you wish to do the Adventures in the new ships or the new lands.

If you are a crafter and wish to make the latest items you may wish to look at those packages for that
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/search ... 2520online
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:32 am

Thanks for the kind words. I am lucky that we have so many awesome PAS members. Always glad to see folks returning to UO, and always glad to see our guildmates helping others in game.

Safe journeys in-game. If u ever want to come along on PAS events, meet us at Nujelm del bank at 8pm get most every night. Our calendar here lists the events.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby xare » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:37 am

Lord Aristaeus-FH wrote:
xare wrote:Who were you in WoW?

I was your worst nightmare, mister. :D Arion, goofy!!

Oh God.....
"I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese."

xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Aristaeus-FH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:12 pm

Thank you everyone, it is nice to be home.

Thank you very much Lord Drakelord. My lord I have done more reading in the last four days trying to get caught up, and I think I am more lost than I was when I logged on five days ago. So my question is on the expansions, is Time of Legends the main one I should get first? The reason I am asking is I am noticing a number of things on the store site are mostly cosmetic, house decorations etc, and seventh character slot. Ummm Really, 7? I had a hard enough time with 5. Geez.

Time of Legends looks a like a major expansion that to get involved in Skill Masteries, new hunting grounds, etc would be the way to go? Add on the other stuff as needed, or as the wife demands more decorations? Which I should have added in my first post that she is coming home too, but she is expecting me to figure out what we need so we can hit the ground crawling because her confusion out confuses mine which is never a good thing.

I was able to place a tower the first night back, where the old FH guild tower sat no less. I am hoping that keeps my wife happy and busy decorating for the next few weeks. So, both of us are very happy, and before I forget, her name is Kessalia (oh I had better have spelled that right) of FH, so if ya see her don't hesitate to say hello. She is definitely my better half. And, fun fact, we met in UO on Sonoma when I joined FH because they needed a mage that could res. The love I felt was overwhelming. LOL

And they really ought to warn you about recalling off a12 year old rune that used to be a semi-safe place in the dungeon. Diseased Blood Elemental? That's just wrong on so many levels.

Thank you everyone, again, it is really nice to be home.
Lord Aristaeus-FH
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby xare » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:41 pm

You should come be my neighbor; there's a keep spot open next to it.

Edit: Dying to diseased blood elementals was my first day too. We can bond over the death robe collection!

xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Rofl you are now the third person making that exact comment about bloods. I took PAS there recently and we got our butts handed to us. Next trip we handled it hust fine. Landing spot ftw.

Then i think dara made that same comment when he checked a rune.

Dying is a way of life in uo.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Aristaeus-FH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Obviously I am in great company!

I tucked tail after death number 3 and turned on The Horse Soldiers with John Wayne.

So um, I noticed as I was OoooOooOo'ing out of the dungeon looking for a healer that the spawn is INSANE! I have seen champ spawns with fewer monsters on my screen. Or hell, wayback machine, the Invasion of Trinsic. Do they realize they broke the dial when they turned up the spawn? WOW! Maybe reading up on the dungeon upgrades would have been time better spent.

My white wyrm is never going to speak to me again either. Talk about one pissed off wrym.

A Keep you say X? Well, I could use the room for the death robes collection I most certainly have started. :D

I also see keeping those runebooks charged is a must. Geez!

*Trundles off to do some more reading*
Lord Aristaeus-FH
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Cinderella » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:15 am

Oh wow!!!! romance on Sonoma!!!!
I know exactly how you feel...
I also met my husband on Sonoma
Brig Din Em

when we got married in r/l i told him the only thing that could beat it was to get married where we first met.
i kept hinting around and a few months later we came back into game.
shortly after we got married in game.
I was more nervous about that wedding than the one in r/l
I was very lucky that Ciara took some screen shots of it....

=======================================

I currently own a house in Luna that is decorated as a wedding chapel.
I still have deco up from halloween but soon I'm going to remodel it a lil bit.
Anybody is free to have a wedding there or parties if you like.
the second floor has endless champagne flutes locked down.
I will be putting the chocolate fountain & cake back up (which you can also click on endlessly if you wish)

If you ever want to have a wedding in UO, you can have the EM officiate & Mesanna can inscribe rings for you
(don't put these rings on mannequins, mannequins eat them)
Cinderella

Medals: 2
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 am

Time of Legends is the BIG one to get first. Then High Seas if you wish to get on the BIG boats and do the High Seas adventures. Do like I did, every month upgrade ;) If you need anything deco wise let us know we will try to help out as much as possible to returning players

Another thing I see you are in a family guild, I assume blue to PAS, but you could always ask about putting an alt in PAS, as most events are in Tram blues will be ok, any worries would be if you happen to join some of the smaller groups that raid fel side champs early hours. The advantage here is that we have access to a vent service that allows us to talk in game, Sagart our lastest returned vet player did that, far better to have someone talking you thru a step then typing that in game.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby xare » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Soo, this guy Arion?

xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Ciara » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:48 am

Hi there. If your wife wants deco stuff we should get together and find out what she wants. Between myself and some other PAS, we can put together a lot of deco for you folks. I have stuff I keep just in case someone returns who would like to get some of the gifts they missed out on.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to General Discussion