News! Just in from our fav UO Dev, Leurocian!

Talk about anything that's clean.

News! Just in from our fav UO Dev, Leurocian!

Postby Karn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:20 am

Luck and when the loot table is generated:

"Luck comes into play the moment loot is generated on the corpse, and that would be upon death of the creature by the top attacker."

"Some items such as gold, paragon chests, and other exceptions spawn at the time the creature spawns in the world. However, magic items spawn on death of the creature."

From Strats yesterday.

I guess this means whoever does the most damage to a Peerless, or a DOOM monster is the SOLE determining factor on what drops. Thats better chances at arties and better chances at high end regular peerless loot.

Who usually does the most damage to Travesty? Tamers right? So tamers should wear luck and be protected at all costs to keep their pet alive.....

Is a crimson a exception case or does luck play into that?

Soo many questions.......
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Rex » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:23 am

Cool info Karn, thanks!

I am going to outfit Rex in a high luck suit. AoF here I come...
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Karn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:32 am

Best bet is a bushido archer, Honor for the 1000 luck at perfection and still keep all the suit properties you have on.

Umm, is the arrows in a quiver vendor bug still around?

Need to take 10k arrows with me to DOOM and live there.
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Rex » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:22 pm

What bug is that?
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby spode » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:04 pm

need quiver of infinity, vendor (you own), some bolts/arrows

put quiver of the vendor as 'not for sale'
put some ammo in the quiver
remove quiver from vendor

if done correctly, the stones alloted on the container will go from
0/50 to 0/400 (like a normal bag that is not secured), then it can carry like 5000 rounds instead of 500

note that two stacks of ammo with start appearing in the quiver, it annoying but harmless. i think its what you recover from battle returning to the quiver, but not to its original pile.

the bugged quiver shows its current round count on your paperdoll, so anyone can read you have 1530/500 bolts left. so you are open to a gm complaint, if someone doesn't like you. Since we are PAS that is going to happen.
I used to be a dog, but I then got better.
Not a better dog, I'm still a horrible dog.
spode
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Tracy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:39 pm

Incorrect assumption.

Luck is tallied at the death of the monster, as opposed to the opening of the corpse. This has always been the case, and that was simply a clarification.

The luck used to calculate loot is done in the following way:
1. Add the luck for each person who has looting rights (be it because they are in a party with someone who has looting rights or has them legitimately)
2. Divide that number by how many people have looting rights
3. The result is the determining factor of luck which could potentially affect four different things:

a) Number of items that drop
b) Amount of mods on each item
c) intensity of each mod
d) probability of an arty or rare dropping

This has always been the case, it is not determined solely by the one who gets the kill shot or the one who does the most damage, it is based on the average luck of the party.

The best method is to have everyone with about 800 luck or more (with a few well dressed 13-1400s to raise the average to 1k luck) If you can't fight wearing that suit, change when she's about to die.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to General Discussion