Fun to watch Baker last night

Talk about anything that's clean.

Fun to watch Baker last night

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:43 am

I never thought I would utter these words in the same sentence in all my life ....

Woohoo! Browns win!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2474 ... -nfl-debut

Baker looked like a seasoned pro last night. Was fun to watch. I had the luxury of watching almost every game Baker played in college at OU. He was an awesome college quarterback. Sometimes that doesn't translate to the pros though. I have watched a total of about 20 minutes of pro football each year since the 1990s when they went on strike, until now. I watched the whole second half after I saw Baker was finally playing (bummer the other guy had to get hurt for Baker to get his chance, but it is a contact sport, like almost all sports are).

The team was definitely in a different gear with Baker at the helm. He just has that leadership factor that doesn't show up on the typical qb skill charts. I'm glad for Cleveland, Browns fans have suffered so long. Hopefully they will have a decent season.

As a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, I know what it's like to suffer through crappy year after crappy year rooting for a team that disappoints (and ownership that refuses to spend money).

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to General Discussion