Definative Luck info from Wikki

Talk about anything that's clean.

Definative Luck info from Wikki

Postby Karn » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:28 am

From Five on Friday on Strats:

"I am a bit confused on some things concerning wearing luck..."
You would think this would be a relatively simple issue to address. After all, it's not a brand-new system, and the details are posted in several places on the website... *sigh*

After TWO SOLID DAYS of heated debate, testing, and poring over the code, Wilki finally came up with an answer - basically, loot is created once, using the luck of the top attacker. It's then divided in a number of interesting ways, but no other luck value ever touches it. It doesn't matter if the top attacker is in a party, or if any other attackers are in a party - it's solely the luck value of the top attacker. The several different places on the website either sort of say this or don't really say this, and will be updated (with caveats as below).

"So what are those "interesting ways"? How is loot divided overall?"
Wilki wrote an awesome document, which I will reproduce here in its entirety.

"1. On a big monster like a peerless, you have to do 1/16th of the damage that the top attacker does in order to get looting rights. On a normal monster, only the top attacker gets looting rights.

2. The total potential amount of loot cannot be increased or decreased. Luck can increase the odds that the monster will drop more loot up to its cap.

3. If at least one player in a party gains looting rights, all players in the party gain looting rights. i.e. parties share one instanced corpse.

4. Loot is divided up amongst all players who would have gained looting rights individually based on their own damage.

a. The loot is divided up randomly in equal shares, i.e. the player that did the most damage gets the same amount of loot as the player who did the least amount of damage (while still doing enough damage to get looting rights).

5. A party's instanced corpse will contain the combined loot that the individual players in the party have earned by themselves.

a. Party members who wouldn't have gained looting rights individually don't contribute to the party's instanced corpse, though they can still loot it.

6. Only the luck value of the attack who did the most damage (the top attacker) is taking into account when loot is generated. Thus, the top attacker's luck benefits all players who can loot the monster.

An example:

Bob, Jane, Joe and Sara are in a party. Frank is not. They all fight a big monster with lots of hit points. Bob is the healer in the party, with the other three primarily attacking the monster. Frank is attacking the monster as well.

At the end of the fight, Sara has done the most damage, and Jane, Joe and Frank all have done at least 1/16th of Sara’s damage. Bob only managed to do a little damage, so he didn’t do 1/16 of Sara’s damage.

1. Two instanced corpses are created, one for the party, and one for Frank.

2. The loot is generated based on Sara's luck value.

2. The loot is divided up amongst Jane, Joe, Sara and Frank.

3. Jane, Joe and Sara’s shares are put into their party’s instanced corpse, which Bob has access to as well.

4. Frank’s share is put into his own instanced corpse.

So, if there were 100 items, 75 of them would be in the party’s instanced corpse, and 25 would be in Frank’s instanced corpse.

How that loot is distributed is random; though in this scenario, the party has a 75% change of getting any one item (i.e. the best item). If the amount of loot is not cleanly divisible by the number of instanced corpses, then some instanced corpses will have 1 less item than others (i.e. if there are 10 items and 3 corpses, the items will be distributed one by one sequentially, so 1 corpse will have 4 items, and the other two 3 items each.)"
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Tracy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:21 am

Very nice...I was wrong. :)
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to General Discussion