Doom

Talk about anything that's clean.

Doom

Postby Trent » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:37 am

I got to attend with all to Doom last night (Thursday) and I thought it was a blast! Thanks, very much. Being a 2 month player, I have never been there before and it was nice to try out my Paladin skills.

I have trouble being on at certain times but I always stop by the "Inn" when I log in. I am going to tinker with UOAM to see where others are at and let others know where I am at. I think that will really raise my game enjoyment.

Again, a great time. My thanks to all,

Trent
(and NO, young Guildsmen DO NOT clean out the stables on command) :D
Trent
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:41 am

glad u had fun, Trent, am I right in saying we got 3 doom artis last night? Thats a great haul!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Karn » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:11 am

I heard 3 arties on vent. Arcane Shield, Ring of Vile, and the Taskmaster. Considering we get none on many runs through Doom, it was a very successful event. Getting an Artie in Doom is such a rarity, I'm very pleased on how it went. BIG turnout too!
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Lara » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:54 am

Karn wrote:I heard 3 arties on vent. Arcane Shield, Ring of Vile, and the Taskmaster. Considering we get none on many runs through Doom, it was a very successful event. Getting an Artie in Doom is such a rarity, I'm very pleased on how it went. BIG turnout too!

I got the arcane shield that night. Too bad I dont have a use for it! The vesper shield is much better, and I also perfer the shield of invulnerability.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:12 am

I could use a second arcane shield...if i have the money for it, that is.
Whaddaya want for it?
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:28 pm

Yeah, I feel lucky, done only 2 doom gauntlets, both since I joined PAS, and was lucky enough to get an artie my 2nd time out of the deal.

Would have been there last night, but exhaustion caught up with me and I was sound asleep before the first demon fell to the dungeon floor.

Not sure if I am going to make the t-hunts tonight either, sucks cause I got about 40 lvl 6 maps. Been training my t-hunter to do lvl 5's solo and will attempt a lvl 6 if it is close to some place I can get rezed.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Hey Ash...many of us have t hunters and solo level 6 all the time...I would be more than happy to show you how I do it...I am sure others would not mind showing you their techniques....mine is pretty basic...all you need is area peace and some ev's....gimme a holler

ICQ 349294831
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks Lars, might have to take you up on that. I have done lvl 6 solo, my main problem is still working out the timing to invis myself. I had a bit of a problem taking out balrons and have been lucky enough not to get an ancient wyrm while solo yet.

My peace, music and provoke are what I use and they are just in the 106-109 range. The initial spawn is easy provoke 3-1 then 2-1 then finally 1-1 and whatever left is beat up enough where an ev or earthy can take them out, the subsequent single spawn though. Also need to get that chars magery scrolled to 110, then have a spellbook with +skill to get him where he won't fail so often at 8th circle spells. So getting a magery scroll and working my barding skills a bit higher would make me comfortable at it. Right now I will do it, just accept I will die at least once and have my music instrument insured. I messed up the other day on a simple lvl 4 and died on island without any healers, had to jump on other computer and account and rez myself. :) That's what I get for wanting to make my Tattered Wall Map.

I got the basics and idea down, just got to work on my timing so I don't invis before done digging and then reveal myself or wait to long and get instantly killed. But may hit you up for pointers on dealing with the balrons and ancient wyrms when it is down to one.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lara » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:07 am

Lara started her life as a Thunter, but the obsession for more heat in the destructive bolts that fly from her hands and the addition of soulstones made her soulstone off the carto, lockpicking, and fishing skills in favor of things like spellweaving and inscription. However she has a stockpile of undone maps that are all decoded by her prior to the stoning of carto, so they can be dug up by her at any time. Then she can gate in the char holding the lockpicking after blasting the initial spawn.

Ive done level sixes solo before, without barding. I invis upon the chest poppin up and have EVs out. Then I peel off critters one by one and kill em. Balrons are easy enough with evs and ebolts, and my elemental slayer book makes short work of bloods or poisons. AWs are a challenge, simply because the little buggers heal themselves quickly when redlined and dispell EVs or just plain chomp em in two hits. Mostly one tanks as long as it can while the other beats on it, and I throw in some damage with my dragon slayer book and try to get it stuck somewhere around someone's house if possible. After the initial spawn theres little trouble after that. Probably MUCH easier with tamer or bard, but I guess Lara didnt have the patience!

EVs take care of balrons with some help, and a dragon slayer book is the key to an AW, but it will eat you anyway once in a while. They like to tele-chomp!
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:58 pm

Just did my 2nd lvl 6 solo, this time i was blessed with being chased around by 2 balrons and an ancient wyrm. Got the loot without one death, but lot of running, running out of regs, mana, patience.

So, learned 100 magery just isn't enough to cast EVs if your life depends on it. So, going to change my plan on items to take to avoid running out of regs and being able to cast EV's when needed. Going to start packing EV scrolls, just need to figure out a good amount to take. The area peace and EVs did a great job, when I was able to have 2 EVs going. Which leads to next equipment change, since i am dumping meditation for discord, got to piece together a mana regen suit.

With those two changes, i don't see a problem doing lvl 6 solo. Except my luck keeps giving me arties I already have, does anyone even use a Luna Lance for anything but a quick +10 chiv for noble sacrifice?
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion