MoFo Raids PAS

Talk about anything that's clean.

MoFo Raids PAS

Postby WiLdMaN » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:50 pm

So, since two very important talent auctionees were unable to make it, that event was post-poned and we did Damwin, a 4-candle rat spawn we popped. However, in the process, we were very unexpectedly raided. Although unexpected, it's PvP and that's what the game is about for some people (including myself) and I welcomed the raid with arms wide. It was a great chance to test my new template on Chiquita.

Here are a few pics from the night:

I think a ratman got this guy; Phatal couldn't believe they were actually raiding, lol:

I got in my few kills. Crusix is the dead guy whos insurance is flashing up my screen. =D

We took a hit or two as well.. me included. =( Check out KD on the left hand (Sarena) handling his business though. =P

But in the end, the field was ours. GG MoFo.

Some people may feel bitter about being raided by someone who we were just working with the other day, but I urge everyone to understand that this is a game and it's all in good fun. I'll just keep it in mind next time I'm invited to raid MoFo on their favorite spawn on Terra Sanctum though. Next time I'll bring a character I have a little practice on though. =D *targets ansatsu*

Ki
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Karn » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:05 am

Now that was done with a great heart! Thanks for a post like that about PvP. Looks like you had fun and not in a stink about any of it, good times.
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Lara » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:25 am

Ill restrict my comments to private forums to keep from airing dirty laundry. Id keep this hot issue in the tavern.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:36 pm

just so we are clear: PAS is NOT allied with COP or MoFO. We participated with them in some joint events, and we will likely continue to do that, when both sides feel its right.

In the meantime, COP and MoFo are free to attack us in fel, as we can attack them .... its fel after all, and anyone at a fel CS we do is considered a raider, unless they are there doing a joint event.

Now ... that being said, the only other circumstance is this: If PAS is fighting COP or MoFo, or if PAS finds COP or MoFo doing a spawn, and we decide to raid, and THEN waka or foo or others show up, I expect PAS to stop fighting COP and MoFo and start fighting the bad guys.

Now ... that being said, I have not asked either MoFo or COP to do the same for us, nor will I ask them, they will help us or they wont, and we cannot get upset, even if they decide to bail while we get jumped.

Its fel ... and u should always assume anyone thats not known to be with us that shows at a fel CS is a raider.

EXPECT NOTHING .... and assume any non PAS are enemy. Then be pleasantly surprised if something else develops.

HAVE FUN GUYS AND DONT WORRY ABOUT WHO YOU FIGHT IN FEL ....

PAS are the last boy scouts ... sometimes we will join with others temporarily .... most times we are on our own against all of fel.

Hope that confirms where we stand.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby WiLdMaN » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:04 pm

Lara wrote:Ill restrict my comments to private forums to keep from airing dirty laundry. Id keep this hot issue in the tavern.

I don't see it as a hot issue really, just a fun night. o.0
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lara » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:44 pm

I believe what I believe. I dont help WAKA and they dont help me either. I know where I stand with them. This causes confusion. This harkens back to the differences between people who prefer tram play vs Fel play. Im glad there werrent more of us out there with thin skins (i guess like me). I feel we have enough enemies to keep us busy and not having to worry about some of them would be nice.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby WiLdMaN » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Would be nice, but that's not how it is. Might as well just accept it and have fun with it.

Ki
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Ansatsu » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:21 pm

First off i would like to say that was a great time last night! I was out checking spawns and came across a poped rat spawn with no one working it. So i started having some of my guildmates get ready to come work it.. Then i saw a red PAE run thru, Then a bunch of PAS rolled in. So i figured instead of fighting over the spawn we would just have some fun and PVP.. So I made the decision to have some fun and do a little PVPing..

There was no malicious underlinings. We all were there for the fun.. But from what i am hearing there are people that are taking this personal. People this is a game.. Almost ever person I talked to from PAS had a good time. We went there just looking for fun and Im personally sorry if someone thought this attack was personal. We brought 4 people total, i would hardly call it a raid attempt.. We werent working your spawn or anything like that.. We were there for the PVP thats it.. We were there for fun. We werent rez killing (untill a PAS ninja rez killed 2 people in our guild). We werent looting. (unless out of nessecity like pots, and the occasional aids that were dry looted off us in the first place.) I know for a fact that Kyra got killed once and everything was left on her on her body uninsured.. Did we loot any of that? No we were there for fun. We also pulled an uninsured bow off someones corpse which wasnt looted(which was returned after we figured out who it belonged to).

If we were a ruthless guild none of that would have been returned or we would have fielded alot more people on a raid attempt. It was all in good fun and Im sorry if anyone didnt see it like that. I had a talk with Lefty as well last night, and explained the same thing. And he asked that we not attack you guys, And i told him out of the respect for COP and the alliance, we will not be attacking you any more.

I just cant figure out why people take things so personal in this game. IT IS A GAME! Its supposed to be fun.. We never attemped to take your spawn. We were there for the fight.. I was quite impressed with how all of you handled the situation. The old PAS would have just left the spawn durring a raid. But you guys pushed thru our 4 guys and finished the spawn.. I was truely impressed with your teamwork!

So in closing I just wanted to say Good Job and thank you for the good PVP fun.

And like i stated above we wont be doing that again, since it seems to cause more drama to some, then fun others had! And to them I am sorry!
Ansatsu

Postby WiLdMaN » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:24 pm

bah... *sadface*
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Lara » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Thank you for your reply, Ans. I did suspect that it was a freindly fight but I was only speaking out of my own observations. I tried to prefrence all my comments with both possibilities of an outright attack, and my opinion if that was the case. I also said it was possible that this was all for fun, and my opinion on that possibility. As I got some replys to my statements it looked more and more a freindly fight.

However I or someone else not in the know about this wouldnt know what was going on. I didnt know you guys popped the rat for instance. All I knew was we were going to do a rat in damwin. There was no sign of anyone at first, then I hear over the vent MOFO is attacking, which was a WTF moment for me, but no time to ask the whys and whats, cause its time to coordinate efforts. At one time I thought I was going to be rezkilled (I usually reserve that practice for dishonored enemies myself) and I did not know it was us who did it first. Fog of war, after all.

I didnt accuse anyone, I just wanted answers to what was going on. Its all out now and no harm done. If I am the only one bothered by it then I am GREATLY relieved by that. My opinion is that you MOFO guys are too close to home and there were already some drama there from time to time and raiding us just adds fuels to fires that may or may not be justified. I have no problem with any of you and would like to keep it that way. Among the board ppl here so far I am alone in my dislike of the raid, and that is a good thing. Im glad we got some mature people around here, but I dont think my opinion is invalid. There are plenty of ppl who dont speak up or post, so its good to get the truth out there for everyone. Someone should speak up in a constructive way. No hard feelings on my part and hopefully this ends here.

I want to personally thank COP for wanting to keep the peace. My respect for them grows daily. I fully agree and support thier stance. Not being green to a guild you cooperate with creates its own problems, but it is necessary considering the PAS charter. However, this cooperation should include a non-agression pact. If PVP is desired make it consentual. We could have a planned raid to practice since fielding and what not will be fully simulated due to the non-green status. However I think just popping in unnanounced causes more trouble than its worth. Im not scared or opposed to PVP by any means, I just like to know where I stand with whom im fighting. I bring it up also so theres no knee-jerk reactions from anyone else. I hope this cooperation and non-agression lasts a long time. :)
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Ansatsu » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:13 pm

Lara Im sorry you see it as out of line, but you are really mistaken by calling it a raid. Did we attempt to take your spawn over? Did we take shots at the champ?
The answers to those are all no.

Its a game where PVP is part of it. Everyone was running around having a good time. It was all in good fun and noone was harmed during the time.. You say poping in announced causes more trouble, but thats how PVP is. Waka, Moo or any other guild doesnt announce to you that they are going to raid you. They just do it.. I didnt think i needed to ask PAS's permision to PVP at a champ spawn in FEL. Like i said before we were not out to hurt anyone.

And as for the whole res killing thing.. Thats part of the game.. It happens.. Its a tactic that is used to keep your targets at bay. I like you usually save that for people that deserve it.. (Like Ki) (I just read the post where you targeted me..)

But like i said, It wont happen again, I didnt realize people would blow it out of proportion, I saw it as good clean fun. Nothing else..
Ansatsu

Postby WiLdMaN » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:30 pm

I just cry when I can't catch a ninja stealth archer... =(

I have a template built for fixing that though, /giggle
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Lara » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:41 pm

"Raid" is just a general term I used for it, but I see it does certainly sound like a loaded word. Nothing meant by it other than describing PVP at a Champ spawn.

I hold nothing but contempt for WAKA and MOO and I certainly do not think of MOFO in the same way and do not ever want to.

No you dont have to ask permission but Im surprised that you assumed everyone was on the same page. This is my first time ever fighting MOFO at any time. I assumed we were under a non-agression agreement of some sort due to our cooperation at harrys. Sorry im not familiar with an anarchy-style arrangement. I always think of allies as allies and enemies as enemies. I prefer my friendly pvp consentual such as a duel. No misunderstandings there. Any other PVP I experience is an attempt to kill the enemy and humble them. Im sorry I just dont get randomly attacking people one day and cooperating with them the next. Im only a part time PVPer I suppose.

Im sorry if this ruins your opinion of me in any way. I am just stating how I feel. I dont think of PVP in the same way you do. I do it to kill the enemy for sport or in defense of a goal. Generally the people I fight are people I do not like. Duels, guild wars, and maybe a 5 v 5 fight of some kind are the only type of freindly PVP I am used to. Before this I just considered any unprovoked attack on a guild was an act of war. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Im sorry peace has a price, I guess. Ultimately Ill be sorry I said anything. :(
Last edited by Lara on Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Irwin Hunter » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:28 am

I agree with Lara, anytime you raid me, you become the enemy. I go to the spawns to get scrolls and I hope to come home with them. Getting raided just adds to the difficulty or ability for this to happen. Lets be mutual friends or not, save the confusion. But that is just my two cents. :x
I know I am a hard butt, but if I had been there. I would no longer like hanging with MoFo. Same as my feeling with TeKFoO, and Moo and So on. Ihave attacked k4h, and could have had him, but I let up. and Refused along with others of the guild to go with a MOO when he got vulgor to other guildmates before a Melisande.
So far the only guild I have even semi-respect for is OSG. Even though they did kill some of the spawn on our last mutual hunt we did. As of this point I have not heard of them trying to take a spawn over, or being rude.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:46 am

OSG?!?!?!?

You serious?

ROFL

Okay...if you say so...

Fel = Consentual PvP...if you do not at any time consent to pvping with people who are not in your guild, then for you fel = bad. Usually I stay away from things I consider bad...like spoiled milk...and if I drink spoiled milk, I don't blame anyone but myself when I get sick. If you choose to go to a fel PvP event, please please please make sure you know you are going to fel...and that pvp in most cases WILL be involved.

I'd welcome a raid from COP or MoFo, personally. If someone's suit drops, I know that person will get it back. And if I get res killed, I take it as a compliment...they must not want me on the field.

If someone shows up and they aren't green to you at the moment, and they are at your spawn, attack them. If they are green to you (or red, but other people with the same tag as them are green to you), then don't attack.

It's fel. There's no such thing as a permanent alliance, and PvP is just PvP...take it for what it is. Some people like PvP. Others don't like it, and feel as though if someone who is generally considered friendly PvPs with them, it's a personal attack or a stab in the back. Au Contraire. If a guild with way lesser numbers comes in to try to take a spawn (or even just to make it look like they're trying to take a spawn), it's not a personal attack...it's for them to test themselves against a larger group.

We had no formal lifelong handholding arrangement or mutual agreement...so MoFo was well within their rights. Does it mean I would jump in on a MoFo spawn for fun? Maybe...depends on my mood. :P

Irwin, you say 4 people "raiding" a PAS champ spawn could change your opinion of them so dramatically that you would no longer hang out with them/consider them friends/whatever...where I see 4 people trying to take a PAS spawn and in my mind I'm thinking, "They don't have a chance...and they know they don't, but they're here anyway...must be just wanting a little pvp."

So how could that be taken personally?

Ummm...they weren't green...
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Next

Return to General Discussion