MoFo Raids PAS

Talk about anything that's clean.

Postby WiLdMaN » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:32 am

OSG did hold up their end of a deal we made on the spot the other day. I don't know our history with OSG, but as far as I've seen, they've been stand up guys.

Probably a good idea to let whatever is in the past stay in the past as far as PAS goes. We are the good guys after all and that probably means we should be forgiving.
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby kyra » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:18 am

This is an awesome thread. I've enjoyed reading it. Differing points of view ... conflicting thoughts on a subject ... and no-one felt the need to personally attack anyone.

This is good reading ... and the type of thing we never need to see end up in any junk pile. *keeps fingers crossed for the future*
kyra

Postby Prae » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:55 am

I rarely post anything anymore but those of you who knew me know I could be long winded. Fear not as this will not be a novel :P I just wanted to say I had a great time that night. First time I ever got to run that template (can't say it was the best, the character was built for harry's more then straight pvp). I did come to the realization that the suit it was wearing needs a little fine tweaking and the template is more a support character then actual pvp style play. I am a little upset though that people just don't think things through and automatically jump to conclusions. With as many PAS that was on the field I would hardly see how 4 people would be a threat, more an annoyance. But it IS Fel and if I had a penny for everytime KD has said "expect to be attacked when in Fel" I'd be a very VERY rich man. I'm sorry we didn't roll in and announce our presence and ask for a little pvp fun. I highly doubt that Foo or Tek or Moo would afford you the same luxuary. I like Ansatsu was very impressed that PAS stood their ground and pushed us back. I myself had a WTF moment when I was at full health bouncing along on my merry way and had 3 stealthers pop out....dismount me....and had me dead before I ran 2 tiles. Though in shock.....I was still impressed. I was a little miffed about the res killing and dry looting but it is a game and I expect it to happen. I just wish people would get it through their heads that if your in Fel, expect to get attacked regardless of what tag is flying behind someone's name. Its just a shame that people can't let go of the past and take things personal. Every experience in Fel is a learning one. Hell I learn something new just about everytime. Its a shame that things got blowin out of porportion and people took it personal. Guess it was inevitable with human nature and all. Anyway I promised this wouldn't be a novel so I must end here. Once again.....you guys did a great job of holding your own.
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lara » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am

Im one of the new novel writers there, Prae. :)

A saying comes to mind: "Just because you CAN do a thing does not always mean you SHOULD do a thing." Im reading a lot of this anarchistic view of Fel where everyone should be attacking everyone, so why have guilds or alliances? Does anyone consider others as enemies? Is there no "Them" for there to be an "Us vs. Them" situation?

I dont fully understand why that situation would be desired. PAS is a diverse guild where not everyone is a PVP lover and yes, expect to be attacked when in Fel, but expect those attackers to be your enemies. Enemies are sometimes routinely dry looted and rezkilled, depending on the individual in the position to do those things. Some people are likely to consider MOFO enemies if they show up and start attacking people at a spawn. Some of us might view a spawn as a chance to get powerscrolls that unfortunately sometimes involves pvp. Its a lot less work to go to the gate and find a fight if that is what you want, or message your freinds and request a duel. Why play with monsters for 20 minutes if a fight is what one wants? If attacked you fight, but are glad to not have to at all. Having some pretty close ties to PAS as a lot of MOFO do, I would think that they could understand how attacking PAS at a spawn might be viewed as a hostile act against PAS and not good clean fun by some members. There is no shortage of other guilds to fight in Fel, so why pick one that could almost be considered family?

Thats just how I conduct myself. I dont attack COP or MOFO on any of my characters unless I have to defend myself. If I see MOFO or COP is doing a spawn I dont call in the troops or mess with them. I say hi if i meet anyone and leave. COP and MOFO are not my enemies. TEK/FOO/MOO/WAKA/K4H are the major enemies I am aware of and I fight them on sight for the most part. I show no mercy and am not above rezkilling or dry looting any of them because they are the enemy. Most of them are arrogant, disrespectful, and have nothing but contempt for PAS and what it stands for. Just as you represent your tag I believe your tag can also represent you. You stand with your allies and destroy your enemies. That makes more sense to me.

Others might jump to conclusions and fly off the handle over something like this but I would rather discuss it rationally and get the truth out there. I did notice some things during the spawn that made me strongly suspect that MOFO was not truly raiding, since it was low numbers and indeed, the champ was left alone. But the sudden appearance of Red COP (one who mistakenly attacked me and has apologized) made it certainly appear like all bets were off and it was open season on PAS and thier spawns. I wanted to find out what was going on and posted here to get some type of explanation and I now understand to a degree what was going on and there is no hard feelings from me. I simply believe in a different way of doing things. I have to say that in all the spawns I have been to this is the first time I have ever experienced a situation remotely like this. People who raid you are generally people after your spawn and are out to annihilate you. Freindly pvp is generally organized or at least the score is known to all parties involved, like a guild war. Ill try to keep an open mind about it but this all seems very strange to me.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby kyra » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:02 pm

A guild who fights with you at a spawn doesn't have to be your "enemy". They're just another guild fighting with you at a spawn. Everything doesn't have to be diplomatic and political. They don't necessarily have evil intentions ... and they're not out to get you. It's not personal. It's a fight .. in a place where fights are supposed to happen. If you put yourself on that playing field .. in any capacity.... you need to expect a fight. NOT getting one, is your bonus (or disappointment if you enjoy that kind of fun .. and yes, many people do).

People are playing a game .. and they're trying to have fun. If you can't attack these or those ... or someone's feelings might be hurt .. then the fun sure seems to drift away fairly quickly. Playing a game should be fun .... fel is fun ... pvp is fun ... and spawning is fun, but so is raiding one.

Do you remember when SS raided us at the Bog? Wasn't that just as confusing? But it didn't take long to figure out .. they were attacking us .. and we were attacking them. It didn't take a ton of analysis. Yet they were having fun .. and we were having fun. Why is this so different? Weren't they even moreso connected with PAS at the time?

I didn't see a problem with them at the time ... in fact some of them hopped in vent the next morning and we all told our battle stories and laughed. Yep ... same concept ... friends AND enemies .. all in the same 24 hours. I guess I don't understand why we can't have a little of both ... as long as it's fun for both sides.

I guess I'm still trying to find the positive ... and hopefully devote less time to the negatives. They don't seem as important if you're having fun.
kyra

Postby WiLdMaN » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:48 pm

Just feel the need to point out in PAS defense, in fel we'll expect to be attacked and our attackers should expect to be dry looted and rez killed (excepting certain cases where insurance-drops are an issue, of course).

Where you Echo, Prae? If so, lots of respect for you. Mage 4tw! If not, boo archer!!! =P
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lara » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:02 pm

At that time COP was not cooperating with us in any way, and I wasnt too aware of who SS was.

Overall, one can choose to follow a code or define courtesy towards a group, or you can choose to have a free for all. I prefer diplomacy and defining who is your enemy and attack them. I only have fun PVPing when im fighting an enemy where I can relish in thier defeat and get jollies at their humiliation because I feel they deserve it. Im not even into dueling much. It doesnt have the same satisfaction, and if I do do it im doing it for training purposes, not because I like it. I prefer to go to champ spawns to get scrolls, not play magicina madness. I dont want to get raided, but will fight against people who want to keep me from the goal. It sucks to work up a spawn only to have interlopers come in at the last minute. I accept that is Fel life, but I like to draw lines and hand out black and white hats to all involved.

This situation is new to me. Im not into raiding non-enemies for fun, I raid enemies to take. I dont champ spawn for pvp, I champ spawn for a chance at scrolls and for the fun of the spawn itself. I prefer sneaking one in under the other guild's noses rather than announcing where im at or doing a spawn thats 100% guaranteed to get raided like despise.

I dunno I guess I was taken off guard by having someone I didnt expect to raid us come in for what turned out to be just havin pvp fun. I never personally been in a group that did that before, Ive only fought against people defined as enemies for the purpose of killing them, or defending something. If thats the way the vast majority wants to do things here, I wont stand in the way. I was just hoping that there would be one or two less groups coming to kill us on spawns. Ill fight back and keep civil about it.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Prae » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:11 pm

No need for the defense....I expected it to happen. No biggie....100% LRC suit is practically a must for pvp. I tried carrying regs with a better suit but it turns out you can build almost a just as good suit if not better with 100% LRC. Beats having to run 20 screens to a bank for more regs. Yes I was playing Echo. Still not to good with a mage/necro in pvp but I'm learning. One of these days I'll even kill Ansatsu! :P
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lara » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Nice motto in your sig Prae. I love it! Ganking is in the eye of the beholder! :)
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:08 pm

the way I see it, if its a friendly fight for me, or the guys a friend of mine, and I see armor etc, Ill prob grab it so no one else does to get it back to them ... if a MoFo had dropped their armor, I would have left it on the body and not worried since I figured they could get it back asap.

But resources are something I always loot, even from my best friends, thats because if I take them hes out of the battle longer and cant help his team as much, I know others will do that to me and Im fine since its a team concept strategy and part of the game.

Res killing, same thing ... it keeps people down longer, helps the team, so Ill res kill even friends ... now if its a battle thats mostly over, then I wont res kill, Ill wander off and join PAS.

But if its back and forth, Ill res kill any enemy as often as I can ... if they get pissed Im sorry, they need to not res if they arent willing to risk being res killed. I cant tell u how many times Ive been res killed, and yes I get mad, but not at the res killer, I get mad at me for not realizing he/she was around.

Res killing and looting are part of normal pvp and good tactics ... as long as they dont get out of control of course to a point of making someone truly pissed (thats in a friendly fight).

My two cents anyways.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby kyra » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:28 pm

*gives up ... again*
Last edited by kyra on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyra

Postby Lara » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:29 pm

Ya I think theres a big difference in motivations in rezkilling someone in the battlefield out in the middle of T2A vs camping magicina red healers.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lara » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:39 pm

I was just questioning the rationale behind attacking a guild you commonly work with at harrowers. It was explained adequitely that it was just good pvp fun, not meant as an offense. I am perplexed by the attitude myself, but I am open to the idea that im the oddball. It seems that I am alone in my opinion and honestly, that is a good thing. Maybe it is me that needs to get with the program, that remains to be seen. However I do think that someone should have seen someone having a problem with it coming, and understand that such an action might invoke a negative reaction from someone in a group as large and diverse as PAS. PVP does get personal for some people, after all. Knowing what the deal is, as this thread has explored, can only help to prevent problems rather than cause them.

After all I think this thread has been totally devoid of personal attacks or accusations. The truth came out and people expressed their opinions in a civil manner. A provocative subject was explored without trying to insult others. If only all issues could be adressed in the same manner!
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lara » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:41 pm

Kyra, there was nothing wrong with your post you edited. I got to read it before you pulled it fortunately. No need to censor your opinion, I value it.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:04 am

*edited and moved*
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion