40 Years of Star Trek memorabilia

Talk about anything that's clean.

40 Years of Star Trek memorabilia

Postby Tevvin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:02 am

thumbing thru channels late at night, i stumble across an auction of star trek memorabilia, and wow, for those interested:

The auction contains over 1,000 lots of Star Trek directly from the archives of CBS Paramount Television. The material covers the original show, movies and more in the Star Trek mythology. This means scripts, props, costumes, phasers and almost everything you could think of are in the event.

A Borg cube model, measuring 30-square-inch (193-square-centimetre) used in the film Star Trek: First Contact, sold for $96,000

A model of the Starship Enterprise E was bought by an online bidder for $132,000

chair used by Jean-Luc Picard sold for over $62,000

Enterprise-D Model Fetches $576,000 - A New World Auction Record for Star Trek Memorabilia

40 Years of Star Trek: The Collection Reaches a Galactic Total of $7.1 Million at Christie's New York

and yes, the flute Picard played in one episode sold for thousands, and it wasn't even a real flute.
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 1
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Tevvin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:03 am

now i'm off to take some more medicine and pass back out, 2am, geesh, nite all
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 1
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Lara » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:37 am

Awesome! Id like to have that Ressican flute, LOL.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Rex » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:58 am

Man....I don't really like Star Trek but when I was a kid I really liked Star Trek TNG, I'd watch that now if it was still on.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lara » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:39 pm

Got cable? Spike TV has DS9, TNG, and Voyager all in one 5-hour block on weekdays. Sci-Fi has Enterprise, and TV land has TOS, and in some markets the CW shows TOS remastered, which takes the original series and puts in new FX shots in place of the old ones. The best one probably already aired, "The Doomsday Machine". Was pretty nice and at least they dont make it worse. The story remains the same, but is enhanced with more realistic space shots.
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Irwin Hunter » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:46 pm

I love Start trek myself. But seems there would be better things to spend that amount of money on anymore :(
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion