Californians

Talk about anything that's clean.

Californians

Postby crystalkilcannon » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:59 am

I had a lot of fun in Cali and just had to add this little thought... no offense to my friends:
Californians.........

So as not to be outdone by all the redneck, hillbilly, and Texan jokes, it's your turn..

you know you're from California if:

1. Your coworker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.

2. You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.

3. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.

4. Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Flower. (no offense wild flower .. still love ya)

5. You can't remember . . is pot illegal?

6. You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.

7.! You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.

8. You can't remember . . . is pot illegal?

9. A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.

10. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S. (so true)

11. Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney. (it was?)

12. Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment. (what house payment.. can't afford one)

13. You can't remember . . .is pot illegal?

14. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH."

15. You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cells or pagers.

16. It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.

17. HEY!!!! Is pot illegal????

18. Both you AND your dog have therapists, psychics, personal trainers and cosmetic surgeons. (what about the cat)

19. The Terminator is your Governor.

20. If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one.
crystalkilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Location: Iowa, United States, Earth..Third rock from the sun and Sonoma

Postby crimson » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Oh and on a noe about the pot. Well they stopped arresting people for it mostly because there's too many who do it and it costs too much in court costs and jail costs to enforce properly. Yes a sherrifs officer told me and a friend of mine this to our faces.

Oh end the terminator isn't the governor we have th governator. Please get it right. Especially since you 2 are thinkin about movin here.
Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with Ketchup!
crimson
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Californians

Postby Nanaja » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Haha! As a Southern Californian, I found this to be the funniest and most exact description I have ever heard!
But with all that aside, I do love it here, even if gas is 5 bucks a gallon, cigarettes are 7 dollars a pack, I'm a nurse and my hubby (Mandorian) is a district manager and we can only afford a condo, and George Cloony and Arnold are smoking pot at the nearest Starbuck's while sipping Sumatran mocha's and complaining about a parking ticket at Disney Land.
It's quite entertaining and you're never bored!
Thanks for a much needed laugh :)
-Nanaja
Nanaja
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Return to General Discussion