UOTHB online map system link

Talk about anything that's clean.

UOTHB online map system link

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:35 pm

if you are a treasure hunter, u NEED to DL this, here's a link to my personal web page to the program installer:

http://home.austin.rr.com/kingdavid/uothmap.msi

it will start the install when u click that link ... it installs the same map system thats used on Stratics, but its on your HD ... it always made me frustrated when Stratics was down, I couldnt do t maps.

Then I found this program and it works great!

Thanks to our brothers and sisters at THB for making that available to Sonoma players, the program rocks!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:48 pm

I love that program....it is awesome and works great!
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby God Ra » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:29 pm

What exactly does this program do? Does it copy the webfiles to use in my IE browser or is it a program?
God Ra
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Postby Centibite » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:50 pm

It's a stand alone program that ..... Makes life a lot easier to find out the coordinates for a map. You look at the map in game to get a rough idea of where it may be. Then you click around on the map until you find a land mass that looks similar. Once you find a land mass that look similiar you can narrow it down by map. It also give you an idea of what will spawn at each level of map and some other handy info. Check out the screens shots to get an idea.

Main Menu (View of Britania)

Sub Menu (Closer view of a Land Mass)

Natural Spawn at that location before the T-Hunt monsters Spawn

Map Level information (ie required skill and minimum loot expectations)

I didn't dork around with it to much so I don't know a whole more. I think you can inventory maps and such, but I never messed with it.

Did I leave anything important out?
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby God Ra » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:44 pm

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks. My T-hunter is going to love this! :D
God Ra
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Postby Tracy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:55 am

God Ra wrote:What exactly does this program do? Does it copy the webfiles to use in my IE browser or is it a program?

People still use IE?!?!?
:lol:
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Centibite » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:04 am

Malachai wrote:
God Ra wrote:What exactly does this program do? Does it copy the webfiles to use in my IE browser or is it a program?

People still use IE?!?!?
:lol:

Yes some folks have yet to realize how great FF is.
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Brianna » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:22 pm

i miss my firefox............. :crybaby: :( :help: :sad2:
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby kyra » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Yes, some of us still use IE. I downloaded and tried Firefox. The hit it took on my resources was a killer. I lagged in EVERYthing. The only fix was uninstalling it. Then everything worked just fine again.

Not sure what the issue was, but it didn't work for me.
kyra

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:13 pm

I tried it as well and I did not like it either...I will stick with my IE :P
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Brianna » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:13 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOU TRAITORS....FF IS AWESOME...........I MISS MY FF

:smt062 :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Pagan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:30 pm

i got tired of IE web page crashes, so i switched to FF and the web pages dont crash no mores

ICQ# - 322-525-144
Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/mean_bob
Pagan
PAS Squire
PAS Squire

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:30 am

I have totally sworn off anything Microsoft for the future here, we are going 100% linux in the next year (phase in).

Kelli wanted to play toon time, and it wont run on Firefox (stupid move on Disneys part) .... needs IE. So i go to DL IE as I always have, because I had to rebuild her computer.

Well now Microsoft wants you to prove that the license fro your Windows OS (we have XP) is a legit license before u can even DL IE.

Well, the problem here is we have multiple legit licenses, but when I reinstall on computers here, or on new ones that replace ones where the HD dies etc, I tend to use one copy.

And of course, the damn thing says it cant confirm my legit copy. Well instead of going ahead and reinstalling XP from another of my legit copies (a pain in the butt after I had already done that and was up and running), I chose to seek out an older IE on the web, and theres already tons of "black market" sites that are posting old versions of IE that dont check for the OS etc.

Im telling ya, this is/was the most ignorant period of time for Microsoft ... linux is free, its available easily, and in the cases Ive examined (like Forefox vs IE), its WAY better code than the Microsoft products.

Prediction .... 5 yrs from now Microsoft will have less than 50% of the market share for OS, and linux will be the other half. That will be the beginning of a serious problem for Microsoft, because once the average Joes out there can install and run linux easily, no ones going to be paying $200 for an OS.

Im surprised Kyra about the results u had, but theres always unique systems and combos of software / hardware out there that dont act the same as others. If anyone gets those same results I would also recommend going back to IE, but I bet thats a very rare situation.

Ive installed Firefox on 8 systems here, and every one of them runs smoother, faster, way less resources (25% less is the norm I get on my systems), and its extremely hacker resistent. In the 2 yrs we have used Firefox, IE has had over 80 security issues that they had to patch, most in emergency situations because hackers were going nuts on them. In that time, not one security issue with Firefox ... and the plugins for Firefox are way ahead of the ones available for IE. They ROCK!

So we shall see what the future brings, but I dont believe its a bright one for Microsoft and their OS or their IE.

In the 6 months that Ive been a Webmaster for a web site/group that Im a steering committee member of, Ive seen the use of Firefox skyrocket .... in the first 2 months no one logged in thru Firefox, now its about 40% firefox, and these are school district people, normally a very conservative group *grins*.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to General Discussion