anyone ever seen this before?

Talk about anything that's clean.

anyone ever seen this before?

Postby The Havoc » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:19 am

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/695/wthuf9.jpg

was out boating drinking tonight and ran across this O_O kind of strange ive never seen anything like it maybe bored gm's :P just thought it was cool wondered if anyone else had see it
An army of lions led by a sheep, is easily defeated by an army of sheep led by a lion.
The Havoc
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Postby Tracy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:21 am

Yes.

You know how recdu/recsu takes you in and out of the lost lands from moonglow mage shop? Well, the serpent pillars used to take you in and out of the lost lands as well with the keywords Doracron and Sueacron. The pillars were deactivated in '02, and I don't know if they were ever reactivated or not.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:04 am

Yes they were....they do still work....I didn't know they had ever been deactivated but if so they have been turned back on....I was using them, while fishing here a while back
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:52 am

I believe that griefers used to surround block the pillars, as that was the only boating entrance to t2a water. Also there were some exploits using the pillars that had to be stopped. For the longest time it was a number one complaint to GMs, and the devs claimed it was very complicated to fix. Ultimately, they shut them down. Then they made a big deal when they re-activated them a year or so later.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby The Havoc » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:18 pm

so does recdu/recsu work on them or is there other command words that i need to use =)
An army of lions led by a sheep, is easily defeated by an army of sheep led by a lion.
The Havoc
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:03 pm

The Havoc wrote:so does recdu/recsu work on them or is there other command words that i need to use =)

Tram/fel side you say doracron, Lost lands side you say sueacron to use the pillars
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Lara » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:44 am

Its a bit old now, but many oddities of the sea were cataloged here:
http://turbulentwaters.thefcb.com/
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:25 am

and the devs claimed it was very complicated to fix

From the developers I deal with at work as well as many other places, I can define this phrase can have 2 meanings:

1) Ahhh, we are not sure what is wrong so we will state long development time and hope no one ever brings it up again

2) We know what's wrong and could fix it in a few hours, but if we do that it will become expected with every problem, so we will state need for development time and then go play golf.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Return to General Discussion