My Favorite Christmas Event

Talk about anything that's clean.

My Favorite Christmas Event

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:16 pm

Ok, real life :) Our favorite event each December is to head to our local junior hockey team's annual Teddy Bear Toss.

This year the Calgary Hitmen/Prince George game had 17,000 people in attendance and when the Hitmen scored their first goal of the game (after 4 minutes) 26,919 teddy bears were tossed onto the ice.

It's an absolute blast to go and see. The stuffed toys all go to kids at the Children's hospital, Toy Mountain the EMS program etc and bonus...our team won 6-2

It was worth the freezing cold temps to go! :lol:

Eleanor
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Atta Kquast » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:44 pm

*scratches head*

And here I thought it was wierd that at our local hockey game we shoot t-shirts out of a portable cannon at the crowd. Oh wait, that is pretty wierd too. :D At least we stopped shoot candy bars (local company) since those hurt and can leave some bad splatters on fans.

Sounds like a hoot was had by all (for the Hitmen side at least). Nothing beats a live hockey game to lift your spirits!
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:01 am

I have been to many San Jose Sharks games and they were always a blast...I miss those days...LOL
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to General Discussion